Another Melbourne Newbie :)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Another Melbourne Newbie :)

Post by shadowarrior »

Btw,
Does it have a functioning indicator stalk though?
And does the handbrake stalk not hold at all? I think both of these are RWC issues.

Edit:

The car looks nice a clean btw. Check for teeny weeny bubbles on the roof... that would be an indication for roof rust. Every FTO till 97 had roof rust, so if it gets bad, you would just have to fix it, like the rest of us. :) There is a DIY guide to stop the rust from spreading more though.
mizder

Post by mizder »

Had a look today. There was a tiny bit of rust on the roof, near the front of it, but not really noticeable unless you go looking for it. The handbrake works, but it doesn't hold very well unless you pull it up as far as it goes, otherwise it kinda sits there awkwardly then moves back down, which is a worry, and the indicator does work, just really hard to get it to indicate right, it almost feels like it's jammed on something... Not too sure I still want to buy the car, seems it'd need an awful lot of work to get it into good condition mechanically :(
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

mizder wrote:Had a look today. There was a tiny bit of rust on the roof, near the front of it, but not really noticeable unless you go looking for it. The handbrake works, but it doesn't hold very well unless you pull it up as far as it goes, otherwise it kinda sits there awkwardly then moves back down, which is a worry, and the indicator does work, just really hard to get it to indicate right, it almost feels like it's jammed on something... Not too sure I still want to buy the car, seems it'd need an awful lot of work to get it into good condition mechanically :(
Does he have information about when it was in an accident? Cause that rear does not match the front..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

What makes you say that Craig. Im not spotting any significant colour variation. Am I missing something.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Rear 1/4 is a totally different Red.. 8th picture in.. Skirt and door are way lighter..
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    silverGPX
    9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

mizder wrote:Had a look today. There was a tiny bit of rust on the roof, near the front of it, but not really noticeable unless you go looking for it. The handbrake works, but it doesn't hold very well unless you pull it up as far as it goes, otherwise it kinda sits there awkwardly then moves back down, which is a worry, and the indicator does work, just really hard to get it to indicate right, it almost feels like it's jammed on something... Not too sure I still want to buy the car, seems it'd need an awful lot of work to get it into good condition mechanically :(
    Don't buy it then, if mechanics are not your forte wait for a better one to come along, otherwise you'll be in the same boat as a lot of us, spent that much over time you could of bought a brand new car
    mizder

Post by mizder »

Apparently its never had an accident... Yeah, I've given up on it, was actually so keen on the car too :( still, not sure what to buy now, I would have love an fto but they seem to be really high maintenance, and probably wouldn't be the best car for me to pick up unfortunately.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

They arent necessarily high maintenance. Depends on what you get. Ive owned a number of them now over the past 9 years and had very few issues (less than most other cars ive owned). On the other hand, SilverGPX can tell you the woes he's had. You just need to make sure you pick up one that has been looked after. Honestly though, they'd be around the average for maintenance. Not the best, but far from the worst as well.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

dstocks wrote:They arent necessarily high maintenance. Depends on what you get. Ive owned a number of them now over the past 9 years and had very few issues (less than most other cars ive owned). On the other hand, SilverGPX can tell you the woes he's had. You just need to make sure you pick up one that has been looked after. Honestly though, they'd be around the average for maintenance. Not the best, but far from the worst as well.
      Exactly this...

I have had mine for a long time now.. Body wasn't in the best nick, but the interior was brilliant, and the car had a good heart. So over the time I have had it, I have only done minor paint work (changed to one of Dwayne's kits), coilovers, carbon fibre goodies, and a stereo ..

Other than that, just general servicing, and she has been no issues... No box issues, no clutch issues, no wheel bearings, and I just recently started replacing suspension rubbers and bushes.. But, it took me a while to find my car .. And I probably paid a little more than what others were going for at the time... But at the end of the day, she has been trouble free.. So I can't complain ... 8)