Irish FTO owner

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

waynebowden
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Irish FTO owner

Post by waynebowden »

Hello Guys,

Took ownership of a lovely GR FTO. Long-time lover of all things Japanese. Have to admit I have had Toyota tunnel vision until recent years. Bought a 1997 Starlet for my first car out at 17, moved to a 1995 liftback corolla (which I spent nearly €5000 pimping out, the folly's of youth) onto big boy toys with a 250bhp Glanza and the a trip down nostalgia lane with a mark one boxy MR2 complete with rusted out subframe which was scrapped a few weeks after selling. I grew up and wanted a car to project a professional image so I acquired a 320D BMW which introduced me to leather interiors, cruise control, reverse parking sensors, 48mpg city driving and excellent safety record. But with these modern comforts came boredom a distinguished love of driving dwindled until now.

As family circumstances forced the need for a second car and with Christmas fast approaching with my partner struggling on what gift to get me I decided what better time to acquire a Japanese dream machine. I must admit my Toyota tendencies began to creep back and with a need for a car 1994 or older to qualify for vintage insurance in January, clapped out Celica's and worse for wear MR2 were all the classifieds had to offer. I broadened my search and came across the listing's for the FTO's a phone call some negotiating and a trip to the capital city later I am now the proud owner of a 1994 white V6 triptronic GR FTO.

Im a member of FTO-Ireland and also new to FTOOC in the UK

Thanks guys

Wayne
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Re: Irish FTO owner

Post by shadowarrior »

Welcome to the club :)
That is a good looking GR :thumleft:
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

what?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

getonit wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 amwhat?
LED ALL the things.