New member from Sydney

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

h4zey
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New member from Sydney

Post by h4zey »

Finally got my fto after 6 months searching LOL. By the way, does anyone know where is the best place to get FTO serviced around Sydney? And does anyone know how to fix central locking system or who can fix it and how much it will cost or if I wanna replace the whole thing, how much would it cost? Mine only works for driver door but not the passenger door?

Thanks
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: New member from Sydney

Post by rock_it »

h4zey wrote:Finally got my fto after 6 months searching LOL. By the way, does anyone know where is the best place to get FTO serviced around Sydney? And does anyone know how to fix central locking system or who can fix it and how much it will cost or if I wanna replace the whole thing, how much would it cost? Mine only works for driver door but not the passenger door?

Thanks
Welcome, but try to initiate yourself with the search button.

All your Q's have been answered.

There is a thread in the NSW section about mechanics.

Central locking has been covered many tines. Just get a kit from Super Cheap. It is just a simple master and slave system. Either your master (driver side is not sending signal) or the slave side (passenger) is not recieving signal.

You can get them from a wreck, but who knows how long that will last. A kit will cost about $100.. Can even get from Jay Car..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

WTTC, and yeh, what he said ^ if you can stop looking at his pic to read it
h4zey
Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

rock_it wrote:
h4zey wrote:Finally got my fto after 6 months searching LOL. By the way, does anyone know where is the best place to get FTO serviced around Sydney? And does anyone know how to fix central locking system or who can fix it and how much it will cost or if I wanna replace the whole thing, how much would it cost? Mine only works for driver door but not the passenger door?

Thanks
Welcome, but try to initiate yourself with the search button.

All your Q's have been answered.

There is a thread in the NSW section about mechanics.

Central locking has been covered many tines. Just get a kit from Super Cheap. It is just a simple master and slave system. Either your master (driver side is not sending signal) or the slave side (passenger) is not recieving signal.

You can get them from a wreck, but who knows how long that will last. A kit will cost about $100.. Can even get from Jay Car..
Thanks, yeah I went looking for it after I posted it (sorry).
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

All.good. I see you bought it! Are you happy with it?
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    h4zey
    Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

dstocks wrote:All.good. I see you bought it! Are you happy with it?
    I'm loving it so far!
    h4zey
    Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

First one is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10241
    Second one is here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1058
    Bennoz wrote:
    Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
    A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
    h4zey
    Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

Vectose wrote:First one is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10241
    Second one is here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1058
    Thanks, but I actually got those 2 links from the link above, however when I try opening it, one direct me to 2 pictures of FTO and nothing else and the other one direct me to "a problem with MySQL server". Is just me?
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Those links are working for me. Im using Chrome on windows.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      h4zey
      Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

Chebus wrote:WTTC, and yeh, what he said ^ if you can stop looking at his pic to read it
      Lol just read that fine print. yeah that avatar is quite a distraction..
      Attachments
      what the first link look like to me
      what the first link look like to me
      what the second link look like to me
      what the second link look like to me
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Bennoz wrote:
      h4zey
      Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

Vectose wrote:http://www.completefto.com.au/assets/te ... ocking.pdf

This might help you out.
      Thanks, I'm not too sure if I can do it myself, as I'm really car illiterate, but I will look up some more information regarding that and see if I can find something on the DIY files lol
      h4zey
      Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

rock_it wrote:

Thanks
      Just get a kit from Super Cheap. It is just a simple master and slave system. Either your master (driver side is not sending signal) or the slave side (passenger) is not recieving signal.

Sorry, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to fix the master and slave system without replacing it, or do I still have to get a kit?
      Thanks
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

The factory central locking is inside the door lock mechanism. The easiest and cheapest way to fix it is to install aftermarket actuators and hook them up to the factory wiring as it says in the guide.

It isn't difficult to do, but if you are still worried, get a mate that knows how to do it to help you out or get a shop to do it.
      Bennoz wrote:
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

h4zey wrote:
      rock_it wrote:

Thanks
      Just get a kit from Super Cheap. It is just a simple master and slave system. Either your master (driver side is not sending signal) or the slave side (passenger) is not recieving signal.

Sorry, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to fix the master and slave system without replacing it, or do I still have to get a kit?
      Thanks
      You do not fix the master and slave cylinders, just replace them brand new. Also, change both together. If one has gone or on it's way out, the other one will follow soon.
      Sahin
      HULK

Post by Sahin »

shadowarrior wrote:
      h4zey wrote:
      rock_it wrote:

Thanks

Thanks
      You do not fix the master and slave cylinders, just replace them brand new. Also, change both together. If one has gone or on it's way out, the other one will follow soon.
      you actually don't even have to take them out lol just shove 2 slaves on both side with the factory wire