Hi

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Hi

Post by dstocks »

3!!!. Cool.

On another note, was watching a top gear episode and it was saying that you could log in to a site over there that would tell you how many of a certain car were left. Thought you might find that interesting if you didnt know about it already. Here is the result gfor GPX in the UK:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=fto+gpx
Everyone who owns a COTY is scrambling around like mad to put their car back into its original stock condition, that includes the radio and the cd changer.
Been doing the same for tweety. Found a factory option padded cup holder console for it a couple of weeks ago in Japan. And had a spare factory CD changer on the shelf in the shed that went with it in April.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Noddy
    Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

That site is total rubbish mate, it only covers the "trips" not the manuals, plus on a lot of the log books for the FTO, it does not actually state that the car is a FTO, it just states Mitsubishi coupe. I have 3 FTOs, 1 COTY and 2 manual GS1800 models, and all are down as coupe's.

Then there is a thing with Ralliart, which as you may well know as the time Mitsubishi decided to " grow a pair" and start exporting the FTO to various countrys(including the UK), to combat the " grey imports"

My COTY was a private import (in 2006) for a ladys birthday present from her husband. He went to Japan, bought the car and had it shipped over to the UK in a container to a company in Newcastle upon Tyne, where it was made uk road legal and undersealed,(the crap stuff that peels off) and driven South to arrive on her 60th birthday.

I bought the car in 2012, with the underneath of the car needing work (rear chasis rails, front flitches), but it was worth every penny(even though it was 3 shades of yellow!!). I got the work done and put it in for it 2013 MOT. As soon as the guy MOT'd the car, he informed DVLA that my car was a Ralliart import.

So me, the gullible idiot, thinks aha, " I can take it to a proper Mitzi garage and get it looked at properly hur hur " So I drive to Coventry to the Mitzi dealer there, and I tell the manager that I want a full service, all fluids changed, new brake lines, new seals, etc, with all new parts coming from Camskill or Japan. This guy is one happy chappie as the whole thing will cost over £1000+

Then he comes out with 3 mechanics to look at my " amazingly well kept car", spots the import sticker on the back window, and asks me to remove my car from the premises :kustomfto: , as it is a " grey import" and they cannot touch it.

Seems that if Mitsubishi found out that they had worked on my car (in any way) they could lose the franchise. I thought that kind of thing went out long ago..... seems not :(
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

That isnt an issue here. Mitsubishi Australia will quite happily work on FTO's over here (ive had mine there before)
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yeah I work for Mazda and we have a few RX7s (one is a mint FD in factory condition) and we did a clutch on an FC a few months ago. No problems working on them.
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      Technikhaus
      Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

wow, what idiots....
      You'd think they'd just do it, as it's work for them...
      Man '96 FTO GPX
      Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
      Man '90 MR2 GT
      Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Well, sorta. If they aren't allowed to then insurance wouldn't cover the car. If something stuffed up they'd be responsible. If someone pranged it in the workshop, no insurance. If they fucked brakes up, no insurance. The $1500 bucks wouldn't be worth risking losing the franchise.
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      Noddy
      Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

I did see the reasoning behind his decision afterwards, but I was mightily pissed off at the time.

Still, my car is good, she makes me smile :D :D :D
      and you can't put a price on love can you ???? :lol: :lol:
      Herron
      Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

I saw a coty in cambelltown, parked at market fair a few months back.
      mark12
      Grease Monkey

Post by mark12 »

if it helps, I saw one in canberra a few years ago (2012 or 2014) at the australian institute of sport. completely forgot about it until now haha