Hi

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Vectose
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Hi

Post by Vectose »

WTTC mate!
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Noddy
Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

Here you go, a mate of mine photo shopped this for the Ace-Cafe meet we have in London every year lol

guys , if you cannot take the piss out of yourself sometimes , then life ain't worth it lol

Hey Chebus , you blow head gaskets !!!!!??? hmmm you got a lead foot or summat ?
I thought the top ends were bullet proof on the FTO mate
Set fire to it mate and chuck a few shrimps on - make a great barbie hahaha
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Nope, they arent. Ive parted out around 15 FTO's and at least 4 of them have had blown head gaskets. People tend to forget to keep an eye on their gauges and if itgets low in the 40 odd degreeheat in summer, they go.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yup I had a project engine that I bought with a blown head gasket (from dstocks)
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    Chebus
    Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

lol i think ya missed the joke buddy :P
    my head gasket is just fine thank you very much
    Noddy
    Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

see, over in the UK, the top ends are considered bullet proof primarily because we do not have the heat factor
    Primary concern over here is the rust ( deadly in the UK with all the salt on the roads) and the underside of the car.

saying that , I have my brothers COTY sat outside my house waiting on another engine, because the big/little ends have gone, so another engine ( my spare ). This car has already had 1 engine replaced because a con-rod snapped ( due to the previous owner using sealant instead of a gasket to cure a leak, so I know that if not looked after properly the FTO is a bit suspect at the bottom end as well.

Lots to think about, and much to learn I see

oh and here is something to make you guys smile
    Noddy
    Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

Glad to hear that Chebus, good looking car as well ;)
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

We have rust problems here but I can imagine it's worse over there.

Mostly our concerns are the standard but deadly roof rust.
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, muchworse in the UK because the salt the roads and the FTO has no underseal standard. We dont get the snow,so dont have to deal with that issue.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

Noddy wrote:This car has already had 1 engine replaced because a con-rod snapped ( due to the previous owner using sealant instead of a gasket to cure a leak
      I've never heard of a conrod 'snapping' due to a 'leak' lol. *cough* flogged to death! *cough* :lol:
      FTOcrazy273
      Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Noddy wrote:yes I have seen that one on E bay , the trouble is with that one is its rotten as a pear and he still wanted a lot of money for it, that is someone trying to make a "buck" out of a scrapper I am afraid, and he failed because it didn't sell lol

I started a thread on the FTOOC UK site
      http://www.ftooc.org/forum/showthread.p ... oty-owners ( hope you guys can see that thread)

to see how many were left in the UK, suprisingly quite a few popped up out of the woodwork, lol

and this site
      http://www.completefto.com.au/modules/p ... p?mode=vin
      has been like bible to me , even though there are a few discrepancies here and there, through it I found a Nakaya Tune, but a fellow member beat me to buying it by 1 hr grrrrr.

I know the FTO has been in Australia a lot longer than it has been in the UK, so in my quest to find out how many COTYs are actually left in the world starts with you guys and gals, but I will attempt to join all the FTO clubs in the world to find out roughly just how many of the "207" still actually exist, ( this is gonna take me years lol ).

I do know that since I have owned my COTY, I have seen 10 COTYs in the scrapyards in the UK, and many others are dying through the dreaded rust bug every month here

I was lucky, I managed to buy a fairly decent car. I had the cam-belt/water-pump done plus a good service, then it was taken to a fellow FTOOC member to have both inner flitches welded properly and the rear chassis rails replaced, plus a good underseal , then to top it all I had the car resprayed in its proper Y77 colour :)

Then I found out that my car was built on my birthday, that kinda blew me away finding that little fact out
      so this is one FTO that will live a long long time 8)

If you click on my car picture it should lead you to my photobucket, there you will see my car , along with my brothers COTY, :thelist:, plus there should be a few pics of the UKs FTOOC members cars also ;)

Thanks for having me here guys :D
      Oh wow okay so clearly it's not worth the buck aye?

That's awesome as man I love the dedication and effort you've put into this because I myself too have wondered how many are actually left! If you could regularly update this thread and keep us updated with what you're finding out that'd be great! :D That completefto website is Dstocks who is on this forum! That's true but somehow you guys have way better parts available and way more FTO's than us lol! Anyway Noddy I love your work bro, thanks for sharing with us and telling us about your sweet ride! :salut: Keep us updated man! Welcome to the club you're a grand addition and you have a great sense of humour which will surely lighten up the forum haha! :thumleft: peace out man
      SchumieFan wrote:FAPTASTIC!
      Noddy
      Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

Bennoz wrote:I've never heard of a conrod 'snapping' due to a 'leak' lol. *cough* flogged to death! *cough* :lol:
      Naa' I had the engine stripped down and one of the oilways was nearly blocked with a 7" snake of sealant that the guy had used to seal a leak. pissed me off a bit because I had to buy an engine off Ebay from Scotland and then get the engine rebuilt ( new cam belt /water pump) get it fitted to the lsd box, then put back in the car. Altogether it cost me about £1300, and the engine only lasted a year !!

I had managed to get a pretty good 197 bhp engine as a spare for mine, so that I could totally strip my original engine and refurb it from the sump gasket up, new everything, but thats out the window now. The only option I have now is to take my brothers f'ked engine and do it to that instead.

The car in front is my brothers car

maybe I should get him to change the number plate lol
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Is great to seeing 2 together in a pic.

cheers

Dwayne
        Noddy
        Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

You know the old saying FTO crazy "once driven , forever smitten " mate ;)

Yes mate, any info I can find out about the number of COTYs and other models that are surviving I will post here
        The GR model is taking a beating in the UK at the moment, one sold on Ebay here for £200 with tax and test on it !!

The thing is with the FTO at the moment here is that you can buy a reasonable car for about £500- £800, then when it comes to a cam belt and water pump change/ service, people find out its about £5-600 and just scrap the car. Its bloody sad mate

The numbers are dwindling in the UK by the week, and now its up to us guys that have one to preserve the FTO for what it is, and make sure the FTO becomes the classic car it deserves to be.

Every FTO I see in a scrappy makes me feel like this guy
        FTOcrazy273
        Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Noddy wrote:The car in front is my brothers car

maybe I should get him to change the number plate lol
        That might be a good idea :lol:

Noddy wrote:You know the old saying FTO crazy "once driven , forever smitten " mate ;)

Yes mate, any info I can find out about the number of COTYs and other models that are surviving I will post here
        The GR model is taking a beating in the UK at the moment, one sold on Ebay here for £200 with tax and test on it !!

The thing is with the FTO at the moment here is that you can buy a reasonable car for about £500- £800, then when it comes to a cam belt and water pump change/ service, people find out its about £5-600 and just scrap the car. Its bloody sad mate

The numbers are dwindling in the UK by the week, and now its up to us guys that have one to preserve the FTO for what it is, and make sure the FTO becomes the classic car it deserves to be.

Every FTO I see in a scrappy makes me feel like this guy
        Cheers man because i'm really intrigued by the whole thing! I'd love to know what else you can find out about the legendary COTY you're obviously very passionate about it and I think its great! :cheeky: wow you're right that is really sad :( but that explains why there's always hundreds for sale on ebay.co.uk Thanks for all the info I had no idea that's why there were so many for sale!

don't worry it definitely will be a classic in years to come because so many of them have been thrashed there won't be many of them around i've got a funny feeling that the value of FTO's will go up in years to come!

I'm with you on that one Noddy there's nothing more depressing! :cry: :cry:
        SchumieFan wrote:FAPTASTIC!
        Noddy
        Apprentice

Post by Noddy »

these are for you dstocks ;)

I have managed to get 3 of the 12 in the club together so far :D
        The one in the middle is a manual, very rare in the UK.
        Last edited by Noddy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
        bjk
        Totes

Post by bjk »

Mm, dat facelift.