Considering buying FTO

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gt714e
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Considering buying FTO

Post by gt714e »

Hi All thanks for adding me to the page
I am not actually an owner of a FTO I am currently looking at a 96 gpx with a veilside body kit.
Hoping to get for around a grand has faded paint and a bit of rust breaking through what appears from pictures of the car of bog on a previous repair on rear pillar near window
Interior looks good in pics
It is unlicensed and I am looking at it as a project car for one of my kids
Questions are how hard are they to get parts for and how expensive are the parts and are the arts getting hard to get due to their age
Is their much of a following that someone would be likely to maintain a aftermarket parts supply going
Going to view the car tomorrow
Thanks in advance
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: Considering buying FTO

Post by dstocks »

Firsty, welcome to the club.

2nd hand parts are relatively easy to come by at this stage as there are a lot currently being parted out around the place. Prices are reasonable. There are a couple of bits that are commonly broken that can take a little effort to source due to popularity, but nothing that is impossible.

You can order parts direct from japan new if required (or I can do it). They usually take a couple of weeks to arrive. These can be expensive, but in most cases no more so than other brands.

I do aftermarket bodykits on demand and there are other supplyersof aftermarket parts that fit the car.

Hope this helps
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Welcome!

In addition to what dstocks has mentioned, a lot of parts are also shared between different Australian delivered Mitsubishis such as Lancers, Magnas and Galants.
    Bennoz wrote:
    Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
    A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
    Scorpionwally8
    Grease Monkey

Post by Scorpionwally8 »

Welcome to the forums
    ImageImageImage