First Car (1997 FTO GPVR Import)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FasterThanOther's
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

First Car (1997 FTO GPVR Import)

Post by FasterThanOther's »

Hey Guys Newbie here, dont know if this site is that active anymore but i decided to make an account due to me buying my first car, An Fto GPVR she is a little roughed up and needs some TLC but what 20 year old car doesnt, if anyone is willing to give me some guidance on what to do with it and such id be more than grateful.

https://imgur.com/a/BkEnX

Pictures of it when i first bought, have tried to clean her interior well, some trash owner before it ripped out the stereo destroying the centre console so i need a replacement and it needs a new drivers side mirror. A previous owner sprayed over the original white with a pearl white because the paint seems to be peeling off revealing another white underneath, so she needs a new paint job, probably not the smartest buy but i love the car and im stuck with it now, for better or for worse.
bjk
Totes

Re: First Car (1997 FTO GPVR Import)

Post by bjk »

Welcome to the club! I think I think I saw this on Carsales during my occasional browse.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
FasterThanOther's
Apprentice

Post by FasterThanOther's »

bjk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:24 pm Welcome to the club! I think I think I saw this on Carsales during my occasional browse.
Thats the one i bought!
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Looked reasonably tidy, hopefully it treats you well! Maintain them properly and they're no less reliable than most other cars of the same era.

For the stereo surround look here http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... nd#p409345

Our annual bonfire club meet at the Vice Pres Dstocks property in NSW is coming up in April if you can make it :D