Full comp. $1400

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Full comp. $1400

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Hi all just letting you's know that i got mine pretty cheap by the sounds of it coz i got my full comp. from just car insurance for $1400. I'm 21 n i got it not that long ago, i live in Adelaide to n have had no bad driving history.I'm rating 2 with them as well. I also got it cheaper to coz my loan is unsecured or secured cant remember which one it was.

I guess it all comes down to your driving historty etc. Well good luck to all on your insurance.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Also depends on which city you live in.
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

just car quoted me $2500... i live in Sydney Mascot (high risk area, my mazda sp20 just got stolen before x'mas)...

then got Young & Cool quoted me $806...so..of cos i m with Young & Cool now...

btw, i am 30 with no accident history but 1 speed fine (got the insurance just before i lodged the theft claim with aami)
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

i will be getting Just Cars for $1588.00 full comp (i'm only 19)
mg_213
Apprentice

Post by mg_213 »

Im 19 with a perfect driving record and got quoted $2400... seems like Sydney attracts a $1k premium over other cities
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mg_213 wrote:Im 19 with a perfect driving record and got quoted $2400... seems like Sydney attracts a $1k premium over other cities
i think it's because of the amount of traffic and accidents u guys have.

drove there with a couple of mates a couple of yrs ago, and OMFG how do u guys go anywhere between 7am to 9am? F---ing car park everywhere lol.

and i think because it is so polulated theft is also going to be more than other cities.

and seriously (as mentioned in many threads before)... the $$ u save in 5yrs of only getting 3rd party + fire & theft, u can buy another fto.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

This is a quote for a 24 year old, but im 25 soon, so would be cheaper. WRX was onto $1200!!! Very tempting.

Premium Amount
Comprehensive $1,104.00

Your Available Options
Rating One Protection $35 per annum

Reference No QTE424790852

Policy Type Comprehensive
Car Use Private
Quote Valid To 13 Apr 2007
Rating 1
Postcode of Insured Address 3082
Date of birth of youngest driver 29 Apr 1982
Gender of youngest driver Male
Year obtained licence 2000
Car has been purchased Yes
Car is privately imported Yes

What is this?
Excesses
Excesses on your policy are the amounts you have to pay towards each claim.

When one or more excesses apply to your policy, they will be shown on your insurance schedule and updated on your renewal notice. If required by us, you must pay your excess before we make any payment or provide you with any policy benefits.

You will not have to pay an excess if we agree that the driver of your car is not at fault and you give us the name and address of the person who was at fault or the registration number of their car.

The types of excesses are: Standard, Vehicle, Business Use, Age, Named Driver, Accessory, and Theft.

Please see Policy Documents for full details of cover.

Excesses
These are the excesses you must contribute to each claim:

Standard $500
Plus Vehicle $700

If applicable, you may also need to pay one or more of the following excesses in addition to the excesses listed above.

Age Excesses
Female Drivers Aged 16 - 21 $650
Female Drivers Aged 22 - 24 $550
Male Drivers Aged 16 - 21 $700
Male Drivers Aged 22 - 24 $600
Theft $400

Driving History of the Youngest Driver
The driving history of the youngest driver for the past 3 years is:

Claims and Accidents
Nil

Thefts
Nil

Licence Suspensions/Cancellations & Disqualifications
Nil
Your Car
1995 MITSUBISHI FTO GR F/INJ 2D LIFTBACK (IMPORT) V6 CYL AUT

You advised us your car has no unrepaired damage
Purchase date 2000
Purchase price $23,000

Amount Covered: $14,000
Plus Third Party Property Damage up to $20 million
The amount covered includes all non standard accessories and modifications noted on this policy

What is this?
Has the car been modified?
A modification is an alteration, conversion or change made to your car from its manufacturer’s specifications (e.g. lowering the car’s height by changing/altering the suspension, changing the exhaust system by fitting a larger one, adding a body kit, etc)

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its modifications if they are road worthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Modifications we have agreed to cover
Exhaust, Lowered Suspension, Re-Trimmed Interior (Vinyl, Leather Etc), Racing Pedals

What is this?
Select any Non-Standard Accessories fitted to the car
These are accessories fitted to your car that did not come standard from the manufacturer. These can include optional extras and/or after market accessories e.g. sound system, alarm, sunroof etc.

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its accessories if they are roadworthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Non-standard accessories we have agreed to cover
In Car Sound System $1,000, Gauges, Immobiliser, Alarm, Exhaust Tip, Tinted Windows, Wheels And Tyres (Optional / After Market)

Endorsements
The Following Item(S) Must Be Fitted To Your Car For Your Car To Be Covered In The Event Of Theft Or Attempted Theft: Australian Standard Immobiliser.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Well my insurance is up for renewal
i think LOCATION makes the biggest difference...
I live in postcode 2287,
quote with pretty much same details as you...
$1941
with your postcode
$1105

800 bucks more for postcode, im not in the middle of the city by any means...crazy
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

I just renewed mine with Unique rather then Just Car who i was with.

I now pay $938 for full comp with a $1000 excess instead of $1100 with a $1200 excess
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

shannons full comp

650 incl gst with 600 excess. 29yo.
know1here
Apprentice

Post by know1here »

have to say Just Car rocks....

had a minor bingle last year - not my fault - stupid truck driver side swiped me, and tried to deny he did it - Just Car were excellent. Even though I didn't have a witness, and the guy initially refused to pay, they sorted it all out - and I got to chose 2 quotes from 2 repairers/detailers of my chosing....minimal fuss, minimal effort.

No change to my rating, and I didn't have to fork out a single cent!

I couldn't get Shannon's to insure me, cause they said I wasn't a "car enthusiast".....what's up with that?? they seem to be much cheaper though, I pay just over $1000
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

You are a "Car Enthusiast", tell them you in the FTO Club Australia. I've use that before and they insure one of my other car.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

just cars
$226 3rd party
$326 full comp (my renew thingo just came in the mail lol)
and when i asked about full comp a yr ago i think it was $1500ish (and fire + theft was $450), so i imagine it would be around $1300ish now if i got it, still cont afford it (especially when i apparenly ony drive my car 6months out of a yr, stupid speeding lol)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

khunjeng wrote:shannons full comp

650 incl gst with 600 excess. 29yo.
<3 shannons

900/year ... with my history? Awesome :lol: :oops: