Agreed Value insurance

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Agreed Value insurance

Post by FtoSam »

Okay,
Its about time i got insurance.
So i have talked to just cars (but wont do an agreed value)
I need agreed value because if i write off the fto, i'll only get $10k or so...

So Considering the car is extensively modified and only driven 3-4 times a month... Have sent through an application to Dawes...

Anyone else suggest another place??

Major details are:
Living Brisbane
aged 21
lost licence 2 times for accumulation of demerit points
Never been done for more than 15km over
Extensive modifications
Agreed of $30-35k. (Even though that wouldnt cover the costs of the car)
Not sure about my no-claim.. Had 3rd party past 4 years no claims..
Do i just ring NRMA to get my no claim??

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Damn, I thought all insurance with Just Cars is "Agreed Value" thats totally lame if they're not upholding it.. especiallly if you've been with them for a while..

I just got my new insurance bill from Just Cars & they've tried to reduce my "Agreed Value" to $12k ... been looking at other insurance co's to go with & a lot of them either won't insure and FTO, won't insure under 25's or charge ridiculously high excesses..

Try checking out these;

http://www.importdriver.com.au/insurance.htm
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Just got an email back from Dawes...

Wont touch me due to loosing my licence twice...

Both times from acumulation of little fines.. (3x 8kmh over) and mobile phone, defects (on old car), not stopping on the line at red light, etc.

Dammit!..

kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Sam is the problem they won't offer you an agreed value policy, or that you're asking too much?

$30k for an FTO is a helluva lot, I think you'd be hard pressed finding anyone who will offer that sort of cover (or else with an astronomical premium).

Plus, being so young and having two licence suspensions are going to put you out of favour with a lot of insurers straight off the bat... doesn't matter how you lost it, to them a suspension is a suspension.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Dammit....
Yeah i know $30k is a lot... But to replace my car with a similair fto would be more like $40k...
$10k Car
$18k Engine
$5k Soundsystem
$5k Body

Thats $38k right there.. Provided i can find a tidy FTO for $10k...

though provided its only a weekender, maybe i should just go 3rd party fire n theft till im 25... (damn 3.5 years away!!)

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I just got off the phone with a few, don't worry about Dawe's rejecting you, they just did the same to me & I haven't even had a speeding fine ... their excuse was that they don't insure FTO's :?

Other than that, Just Cars will now only insure mine for market value of $13,400 + $750 for $1500 wheels, with a premium of just under $1200

Young & Cool want $1250 premium and will only insure for $13,400 (Apparently market value - What BS)

I'm just gonna go with Third party fire & theft, screw this for a joke, in a few years with the premiums i'll be paying I could buy a new FTO... & to think of all the stuff i could put in it..