Third party, Fire and theft Quotes

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Third party, Fire and theft Quotes

Post by FtoSam »

Okay... given up on Full comp.
So my quote from just cars was $553...

But will only pay out fire and theft up to $10k... which blows....

Any other options out there?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Also, on the same topic I am wondering whether or not you can get Third Party Fire & Theft from a generic insurer for an FTO... or do you have to go with an import car insurance co.? I don't see why it would make much difference though..
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Some places just dont touch FTOs.... regardless...

Try and see... NRMA wont.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
Flames

Post by Flames »

Sam have you tried Shannons? You may have a problem with age, I can't remember exactly, but might be worth a shot!
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

10g for fire and theft is great considering ftos arnt worth much more than 10g unless heavily modified.This is great news for a lot of young car owners.
FTO-279
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Rocco wrote:10g for fire and theft is great considering ftos arnt worth much more than 10g unless heavily modified.This is great news for a lot of young car owners.
my FTO has no mods and its valu is 20g
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

FtoSam wrote:Some places just dont touch FTOs.... regardless...

Try and see... NRMA wont.
I foolishly asked NRMA once...they wanted 8k+ for full comp. Yes, 8K+. I Lol'd.
tania

Post by tania »

hi everybody i have had my Fto insuranced through Shannons for two years it costs me $1200 per year covering my beast up to $18000 you can pay monthly but they only do full comp.Hope this info is helpful. :D
tania

Shannons Insurance

Post by tania »

hi everybody i have had my Fto insuranced through Shannons for two years it costs me $1200 per year covering my beast up to $18000 you can pay monthly but they only do full comp.Hope this info is helpful. :D
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Re: Shannons Insurance

Post by mr-charisma »

tania wrote:hi everybody i have had my Fto insuranced through Shannons for two years it costs me $1200 per year covering my beast up to $18000 you can pay monthly but they only do full comp.Hope this info is helpful. :D
Hope you don't mind me making the assumption ... but I am guessing you are over 25?

Might have to call and check this now, but when i called they said they will only insure classic cars, or really expensive cars, like 50k+? And i think i remember them saying that they don't insure under 25's...

$1200 for 2 years is very good for an import! ... I'm paying $1177 for one year, and an insured value of $14700 with Just Cars... they will also only insure the mods for 1/3 of their value... (they're complete assholes. .. but us young import drivers don't really have much choice)