GTO Insurance

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

GTO Insurance

Post by Dr_Jones »

Anyone know roughly off the top of their heads what insurance might cost for a 97 TT GTO. rating one. One guy I contacted was 35 and it was 2 grand. 8O
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

OUCH ... Yeah that sounds about right ...

I think the price on them is because of parts... Not that many of them here (from what I know) so it costs a bit to get replacement parts for the body and such ...
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Ok I got a quote on Monday for $931 fully comp, that's cheaper than what I pay for the FTO with the same company. Go figure.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GTO is cheaper because it was on sale here at one stage as 3000GT, so insurance company will consider GTO as half local.

Its like the imported RX7 series 7 onward, the insurance on them are cheaper then FTO, as series 6 (almost identical to series 7-8) was available as a local.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Yeah I did think that too but still. NA FWD compared to TT AWD and parts are probably harder to get than FTO despited it being sold locally at some point.