Can't get insured because under 25

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOnick
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Can't get insured because under 25

Post by FTOnick »

I've been looking to get my FTO insured but everyone ive looked into won't touch it because one of the drivers is under 25. Does anyone know an insurer that will insure with an under 25 year old driver?

Thanks
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Just Car
Young and Cool (now famus)
Custom Car (through GIO)
Vigil ?
Not sure about shannons ...
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

shannons wont, all the others will though
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

be prepared to part with your first born and maybe an arm or a leg as well lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

young and cool are pretty good ive been with them for a year and have had no problems they start with 1500 comprahensive well with me and i was 19 at the time and this year its dropped too 1200
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

jakey106 wrote:young and cool are pretty good ive been with them for a year and have had no problems they start with 1500 comprahensive well with me and i was 19 at the time and this year its dropped too 1200
They quoted me over 2k ... And I am 28 ... Grrrrrr ... Mind due, I have lost my licence once ... :(
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

8O thats odd ive lost my license twice and i am 20 what about the other driver who is under 25 does he have a bad driving record? i know if you have had any accidents your price goes up in insurance.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

a lot depends on the car's location as well. :)
"bad" suburbs will attract a much higher insurance rate compaired to quiet ones. they take in the chances of theft and dmg into the calculation when they do quotes.
kiz wrote:
FTOnick
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOnick »

Thanks for the replies, i will try those ones. I'm only 17 (ish) so i haven't lost my license or crashed or anything...
I live near Ballina (way north NSW) in a tiny town so i don't think the locations a problem.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FTOnick wrote:Thanks for the replies, i will try those ones. I'm only 17 (ish) so i haven't lost my license or crashed or anything...
I live near Ballina (way north NSW) in a tiny town so i don't think the locations a problem.
but the age is going to be a problem lol
good luck mate, and i suggest u call as many places as u can, and also call the same place a few times over different times of the week, i've been given a couple of different quotes from the 1 place by different ppl on the phone lol
kiz wrote:
FTOnick
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOnick »

Yeah thanks :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

jakey106 wrote:8O thats odd ive lost my license twice and i am 20 what about the other driver who is under 25 does he have a bad driving record? i know if you have had any accidents your price goes up in insurance.
I am the only driver ... Live in a suburb with few car thefts, have the car garaged, locked up by 3 deadbolts, have security camera's around the car park, can only access by access cards ... If the garage door is kept open for greater then 2 minutes an alarm sounds, and if the door to exit the garage is open for more then 30 seconds another alarm sounds...

Only had 1 accident (and that was with no other vehicle) which was on my motorbike ... That was over 3 years ago ... Loss of licence was for 6 months, back over 3 (almost 4) years ago ... Ohh bike damage was about 6k ... I am on full no claim still ... And have no other at fault accidents... Only other one was back in 1997-1998 and that was when some punk went through a red light and crashed into me....

I have 3 cars fully insured, + the motorbike... I was down from 4 cars when I was shopping for the FTO insurance ...

well ... My rant over ... will be over 30 soon, and insurance will love me again ...
FTOnick
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOnick »

i got it all sorted thanks
DRM34R
Grease Monkey

Post by DRM34R »

GIO were practicly the cheapest n one of the few who would insure me...
[img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4341/untitledom9.jpg[/img]