Famous Car Insurance - Formerly Young and Cool

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO99R
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Famous Car Insurance - Formerly Young and Cool

Post by FTO99R »

Just got me renewal from famous only to find there are some considerable changes to the excesses from young and cool that I thought everyone should know about.
Standard excess is $500
PLUS
Age Excess $250
Single vehicle accident excess $2000
Theft / malicious damage excess $1000

With young and cool it used to just be a standard $1000 excess, so does that sound right?
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

so if someone steals your car you have to pay and excess of $1k??

and $2k if just your car is damaged somehow??

that sucks. glad i'm not with them.

but in saying that i have no idea what Just Car would make me pay. :?
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

I found Famous to be very expensive with their excesses (which is why I voted with my feet and went to a different insurer).

At one point my car was not garaged overnight (it was behind locked gates) and the excess if it got stolen was going to e - Basic $1000 plus a $2000 theft excess - total 3K.......

:roll: so I changed insurers.

I'm with Dawes now - but they do have an age limit (they wont insure young drivers)
The Ex-Sec
FTO99R
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

Yeh I'l be shopping around. Bit hard when your under 25 though only options I know of are famous and just car. Anyone know of other companies that might take me on?
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Shannons gave my gf a great deal on her FTO, all mods included.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

the excess you pay is everything applicable added up
from fto99r's list there... if he's car was stolen her would have to pay the standard xs of $500 + theft xs of $1000 any maybe the $250 age as well depending on who drove it last (not sure about this last bit), at least thats how it works with RACQ insurance. so he would be looking at paying either $1500 or $1750 if his car was stolen

i would suggest that you ask for the PDS (product disclosure statment), in there should be a section explaining exactly how your xs is worked out when you make a claim. ;)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia