INSURANCE

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vipfto
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

INSURANCE

Post by vipfto »

Ok we have decided on moving to adelaide from NZ so my next question is what is insurance going to cost me?
I'm 29 have held full licence for 13yrs no accidents but a few speeding fines and lost licence once through racing on street 8O but at least i won :lol:
Currently I have full cover and it costs me $440 year premiums and $250 excess is this what I should be paying over there too?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mate for full cover your probably looking a round $1200 for the first yr and then it should drop to about $800 for the next yr. DOnt forget rego over here costs a lot more than NZ too, for a yr rego your looking any between $500-$660 depending on what state. This is just what i paid and i am 29 too but it may be different in adelaide as i am QLD. Good luck with the move!
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Sh*t thats high no different than if i was under 25 here 8O
But have to have it anyway so no point complaining do have a WOF check over there for car evey six months like we do (its like a medical for your car) or is just rego and yearly check sort of thing?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

it also depends on where you live in adelaide...
the dodgier the suburb the higher premium you pay
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

So that part is no different to here then.
But still wonder why its so high to insure an FTO there?
does it have something to do with buying aussie made to try and put people off imports?
Anyway it has to be done regardless thanks for info once again guys, looking forward to getting there and meeting some of you in August :) and I have family in Sydney so there will be road trips to there too :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:So that part is no different to here then.
But still wonder why its so high to insure an FTO there?
does it have something to do with buying aussie made to try and put people off imports?
Anyway it has to be done regardless thanks for info once again guys, looking forward to getting there and meeting some of you in August :) and I have family in Sydney so there will be road trips to there too :D
No its just in AU they want to take as much money off you as possible..... nah seriously i just think its a greater hazard driving here, well i dont know about the rest of au but f&*k me is the driving bad here in QLD....... aparently, indicating is optional but giving the finger to the other driver when your in the wrong is a law 8O
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

God FTO's are charged way to much in insurance... its $900 for a S15 (over 25)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I do agree how ever im paying 840 or something for over 25 with about 8k added to all the paint, kit, rims, etc. I suppose the problem is finding parts, we on this forum dont really have a problem but if you didnt know about this site then i think it would be a real hassle and time consuming = coin
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Dam so I should expect more with the sounds and rims etc 8O
Cant believe s15 is cheaper thats just stupid bit like 2 dollar coins being smaller than 1 dollar ones :lol:
just joking guys :)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:Dam so I should expect more with the sounds and rims etc 8O
Cant believe s15 is cheaper thats just stupid bit like 2 dollar coins being smaller than 1 dollar ones :lol:
AGREED, haha, no just wait till you get here and see how many S15's there are. 8O
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

I8A4RE wrote:
vipfto wrote:Dam so I should expect more with the sounds and rims etc 8O
AGREED, haha, no just wait till you get here and see how many S15's there are. 8O
i see more FTO's then S15's
Syst3m_NZ

Post by Syst3m_NZ »

I'm 20 and i pay $1k for insurance with 2yrs NCB. Your over 25 so should reduce quite a bit
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Is that in Aus or NZ
currently in NZ i pay 440 but moving over the ditch
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI