Which insurance?

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ft04me
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Which insurance?

Post by ft04me »

Hey guys as you may know..last week has been hell from me.. and im not out of it yet!

Next time i get my car insured i think i'll definately get it full comp insured!

now next question is... who would be ideal for my situation?

I've had been diqualified from driving due to speeding but only coz i got screwed over by the court and rta as they both didnt co-operate with each other... also i have 1 more speeding on top of that... im 20 yrs old male living in south west sydney. only driver apart from my dad.. i have about 3 years driving experience.

hmmm would it be cheaper insuring it with my dads name and putting me down as secondary driver?
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

Probably be cheaper if your nominated as a 2nd driver but not sure if its by much. As for insurance ring afew places and ask for quotes ...

From personal experienced (well not me lol but my family and relatives)
STAY
AWAY
from
NRMA :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

NRMA wont do an import anyway.

2nd driver is not always a bad option. You can also accumulate no claim bonus as the 2nd driver.
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

ah i rang up NRMA 2 months ago to get a quote
and they wanted $8000+ a year for full comp insurance... 8O
i laughed and hung up :lol:
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

wow fk that ... write off your car on purpose! i think just cars would be the most likely one to insure your fto ... what does anyone else reckon?
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

just car, second driver. its what i got. mind you im not on full comp. $5000
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

I have just car full comp $2500 now and i am listed as a 2nd driver and i am 18. It could be this cheap for me cos my dad is listed as main driver and he has been driving for something like 35 yrs. 8O
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
FTO-LEO
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-LEO »

Im 19, male, green p's and im the only driver, the NRMA wanted $3500 for full comp(which was the cheapest I found), so i got 3rd party for $360, and pray ever day I dont ride it off 8O
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Any of you peeps tried custom car insurance ? When i had my fto, i was with them and they were way better than justcars for me. By switching to custom car from just cars, my premium dropped $600 and my excess dropped $600 too. Plus it's choice of repairer versus no choice with justcars. Some food for thought...

Fwiw, my all the cars i've owned so far are/have been through custom car insurance.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Bennoz wrote:NRMA wont do an import anyway.

2nd driver is not always a bad option. You can also accumulate no claim bonus as the 2nd driver.
they do quote me last time. guess what. $4999. lol. i simply just walk off.
try justcar. i got quoted $1900+
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

dam ... 2 yrs of insurance and i could buy another FTO 8O ...
wonder how much'd it'd be for a 16yr older with <1yr driving experience and 2 speeding tickets which i did on mums camry + got my L's suspended xD

looking at 10k maybe?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Anything over $3000 is basically the insurance company telling you 'f*ck off, we don't want your business'.

Sorry FT04ME, but with your driving history (1 DSQ, additional traffic offence, 1 not-at-fault and 1 at-fault) and your relative inexperience (less than 5 years driving) and your age (under 25) you'll be hard-pressed to get a reasonable premium anywhere.

Any attempts to get a cheaper premium by shuffling around the 'owner' and listed drivers of the car should be well researched and considered - insurance companies spend a lot of time investigating and refusing claims for these very reasons.
Resident Asshole.
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

xSlurpee wrote:dam ... 2 yrs of insurance and i could buy another FTO 8O ...
wonder how much'd it'd be for a 16yr older with <1yr driving experience and 2 speeding tickets which i did on mums camry + got my L's suspended xD

looking at 10k maybe?
That is a pretty bad driving history for a 16 yr old.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
poahfto
Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

im with shannons and pay 1500 yearly,

its under my dads name, and no im not nominated lol

but IF i do smash it, i pay an excess of another 1500.

i rkn its a pretty good price considering i was getting quotes under my dads name and me as the second driver for 5000, plus a 400 excess if i smash it lol
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

I bet you that you aren't actually covered poahfto.

It's pretty safe to say that somewhere in the fine print of the PDS it will say that if someone drives the car for more than x days of the year, then that driver must be nominated.

It's a clause specifically designed to stop people doing what you're doing, and essentially means IF you smash the car, your insurer may investigate you and they will claim that you were dishonest in not disclosing yourself as a frequent driver of the car, and they will then proceed to void your claim - no money paid out at all.
Resident Asshole.
poahfto
Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

lol me n my dad have made sure everything is 100%.

they have no idea of how many times i drive it.

as the time i smash it could be a "one of drive"
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

wow...u guys pay a hell lot for insurance man. Mine is just 800 bucks a year with $500 excess with justcar. But then again...im already 25 and held my licence for 5 years already.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

harry90 wrote:
xSlurpee wrote:dam ... 2 yrs of insurance and i could buy another FTO 8O ...

looking at 10k maybe?
That is a pretty bad driving history for a 16 yr old.
its bad like in terms with breaking the law, but "ahem asian voice : twuts mee ai pofessinal dryer men" :lol:
gosh im soo immature :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I assure you, my record was a lot worse at that age. I'd already written off 2 cars before I got my P's :lol:
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

gg ben (a term many kids around say when you perform an unbeatable accomplishment. oriented over online gaming) :P

well no regrets for me (besides the fking fines), its given me more experience and drive more safely on the roads we share with other drivers :lol: