Insuring 2000 model?

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bilbojo
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Insuring 2000 model?

Post by bilbojo »

i have been goin through all the online insurance quotes and have notice that the fto 2000 models are not incorporated in there systems, seem they only go up to 1997. Is there a particular reason for that? Is it possible insure it at all?
A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yep it is possible, its probably not mentioned cause we dont see many 2000 models
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bilbojo
Apprentice

Post by bilbojo »

Ok so i should just ring around the insurance companies and see what they say? Besides just car insurance any others in particular i should try?
A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

im with Shannons, but if you are under 25, you probably wont have any luck with them
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Delvance
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Custom car insurance. They've always been cheaper on the premium and cheaper excess for me. Plus choice of repairer.
    poahfto
    Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

i have a 2000 model fto and found it quite easy 2 get insurance.

just was abit pricey as in young lol

so i just chucked it under my dads name.
    FTObsession

Post by FTObsession »

Hi Poah,

I'm in the same boat as you..2000 model and under 25 - who did you go through with insurance and what sort of $$ we talking?

Cheers
    Anthony
    poahfto
    Grease Monkey

Post by poahfto »

mate if it were under my name i was getin quotes up to 7 grand.

i was like wdf f**k this lol

so under my dads name it turnd out to be 1500, and if i were to smash it i'd pay the normal excess (500) plus the excess for being under 25 (1500)