Young And Cool

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ft04me
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Young And Cool

Post by ft04me »

Young and cool quoted me $2900 or $217 a month with $1750 excess... insured for $10,000

worth it???
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I dont think so but we need to know a little more info like your age, driving history, where the car will be kept at night.

Im paying around the $900 mark a yr but im over 25. my excess is like $500 and im with just cars
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
ft04me
Grease Monkey

Post by ft04me »

oh yeah..sorry guys

20yrs old, been driving for 2 years, license diqualification on 2006 due to demerit points and speeding 30kms over, had an accident recently this year at fault and speeding fines this year and also ticket for not diplaying p plates (which i call bullsh!t)

NRMA wants 4200 with dad being the main driver - excess is 1400
Just Cars wants 4400 with just me on as the driver - excess is 1800
Famous (Young And Cool) 2900 with me as the driver - excess 1750
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Its probably about right then, i doubt you will find a better deal sorry. Personally i wouldnt be paying for 1/3 of the cars value in insurance unless it was a ferrari or something.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8A4RE wrote:Its probably about right then, i doubt you will find a better deal sorry. Personally i wouldnt be paying for 1/3 of the cars value in insurance unless it was a ferrari or something.
i 2nd that
i've already made my money back in savings by not having insurance. was quoted about $2k a yr for full comp, about $1500 excess, so far had the car for almost 3 yrs, paid about $400 a yr for 3rd party. so i've saved $5k in insurance premiums and since my car is only worth about $7k now, add the $5k to my $1.5k excess, since i haven't had an accident yet, i've saved pretty much enough to buy another FTO. hehe

but then again it's a risk that i took for the first few yrs. if i had an at fault accident i would've been royally screwed.

have you thought about maybe getting the insurance under your old's names and get yourself listed as a driver?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
ft04me
Grease Monkey

Post by ft04me »

yeah last year it was insured 3rd party only but since i had an accident the the cock muncher aint paying up..im doing the chasing around... so dad wants me to go full comp and save the hassle

yeah i tried putting dad in but i thought these days it wont matter as they still look at me and say im a "high Risk" driver
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

BorepYano wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Its probably about right then, i doubt you will find a better deal sorry. Personally i wouldnt be paying for 1/3 of the cars value in insurance unless it was a ferrari or something.
i 2nd that
i've already made my money back in savings by not having insurance. was quoted about $2k a yr for full comp, about $1500 excess, so far had the car for almost 3 yrs, paid about $400 a yr for 3rd party. so i've saved $5k in insurance premiums and since my car is only worth about $7k now, add the $5k to my $1.5k excess, since i haven't had an accident yet, i've saved pretty much enough to buy another FTO. hehe

but then again it's a risk that i took for the first few yrs. if i had an at fault accident i would've been royally screwed.

have you thought about maybe getting the insurance under your old's names and get yourself listed as a driver?
Yeah but gauranteed you havent actually saved that money and put it aside so if you crash now you wont have the money to by another car.... am i right??? :lol:
ft04me
Grease Monkey

Post by ft04me »

HAHA!!!

hey does anyone who does really cheap 3rd party insurance??

i think imma just insure it 3rd party fire and theft (cough)insurancejob(cough)
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

hey,

im 20 n i had a write off in dec last yr.

im insured with just cars because young n cool wouldnt touch me...

i paid 1,400 for full comp but i increased my excess to 2,500. so another 2 mths n i get to renew it with hopefully cheaper premiums (and cheaper excess of course!)

:)
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Hey mate, I was with Just Cars for first 2 years, first year was $2500, second year $1980, then I had a crash reducing me to rating 3 (car repaired) and they quoted me $2264 which I lowered to $2037 with a $200 higher excess.

I thought this was pretty damn good actually, I was expecting $2500+ after my crash. They repaired the car to 80% the cars value as well. (Total repairs = $8500)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

oodLes wrote:Hey mate, I was with Just Cars for first 2 years, first year was $2500, second year $1980, then I had a crash reducing me to rating 3 (car repaired) and they quoted me $2264 which I lowered to $2037 with a $200 higher excess.

I thought this was pretty damn good actually, I was expecting $2500+ after my crash. They repaired the car to 80% the cars value as well. (Total repairs = $8500)
you guys are crazy paying that much. its a joke that you put up with 2k per year on this type of car..
ft04me
Grease Monkey

Post by ft04me »

i agree with khun!!

its just not worth it i reckon!...

lolz..driving my fhhto uninsured for 2 weeks now..lolz

god damn christmas shopping left me broke this month... cant even afford insurence!!
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

got my renewal notice today. 1120 with 2500 excess. rating 4. i like your guts for driving uninsured if i did it, id prolly jinx myself :p
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

statistically it is never worth it to have insurance compared to saving and investing the money you would've spent on premiums. since insurance comanies have to pay wages if nothing else somehow. with that said, it is a gamble either way

just thought i'd put my 2c in lol
I8A4RE wrote:
BorepYano wrote:
i 2nd that

Yeah but gauranteed you havent actually saved that money and put it aside so if you crash now you wont have the money to by another car.... am i right??? :lol:
well, that's where you are wrong bro. if i crashed right now i would have the money for another car... although it might be something along the lines of 91 ford laser/excel/89 pulsar... well you get the point lol.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

ft04me wrote:HAHA!!!

hey does anyone who does really cheap 3rd party insurance??

i think imma just insure it 3rd party fire and theft (cough)insurancejob(cough)
Just car fire and theft aprx $550 a year which I don't think is to bad under 25.but I've never had an accident.might be cheaper if you don't have many mods.To get comp was gonna cost me like 4 grand a year cause of age it's just not worth it I just put it in a bank account and if somthing happens I can replace it
Star_Lancer
Grease Monkey

Re: Young And Cool

Post by Star_Lancer »

I just got a letter in the mail today from Famous (previously known as Young and Cool) that advised due to a change in their underwriting agreement they no longer insure under 30's so now I have to find a new insurer!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah Famous have let us down badly lately. Kaz's car is with them & the last renewal came in $450 more than the previous year. Due to the new underwriters we can't get any of the discounts we used to - aka only driven once a month etc.

They started as a small boutique sort of arrangement, now they've been bought out twice in the last 5 years & are just another bland insurance brand. We wont be renewing with them.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Just car FTW
custommodz
Grease Monkey

Post by custommodz »

Just car are amazing. Paying 900 fully comp with protected rating of 1. New to the country and still not paying much. But I am 26 so I'm over the young driver barrier.

Just my 2c, driving without insurance may save you money but if you hit someone, it's just really unfair to the drivers who pay for insurance. Plus if you kill someone (god forbid) you could get sued for masses of money.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Plus if you kill someone (god forbid) you could get sued for masses of money.
No, it doesnt work like that here. Your insurance if you hit someone is part of your registration, so as long as you are driving a registered vehicle you can hit as many people as you like and you wont have to pay. You will go to jail though. lol