Help with Car Insurance

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

yannino
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Help with Car Insurance

Post by yannino »

hey everyone im test driving an FTO in 3 or 4 days.
Im from melbourne
Im 18 years old and im completely clean,no accidents, never lost licence, never been in trouble bla bla bla.

The only thing is im trying to find insurance and ive gotten some pretty damn ridiculous prices.

Prices as i am in Melbourne ARE:
(per year)
RACV - $7000
Just car - $3200

ive asked young and cool and its been around a week and they still havent gotten back to me with my online claim so i guess i might call them on monday.

im not sure where else to ask and i really dont have the money to spend 3000 dollars on car insurance when my car only costs 3 times that amount.
Its quite ridiculous so if anyone knows a GOOD and RELIABLE car insurance for melbourne please let me know.

And also im insuring under my mothers name and me as third party driver so that would be cheaper right?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hey mate WTTC, if you cant get it any cheaper, just go third party fire and theft. It should be a quarter of that price....

But by the sounds of it, thats probably the going price for someone of your age.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

thanks for the reply mate

i just saw on Just Car that by increasing my excess from 500 to around 1300 i can get insurance yearly FULL COMP on my name for around 2000.
Thats not too bad i think but then again thats a lot of money if i screw up my car.

I made a claim at Just Cars as third party and got 350...but do i need to make a new claim if its going to be under my fathers name for full comp?

If im confusing you what im trying to say is how do i check for it to be me as third party driver and my father as the main driver full comp AND third party theft and fire.
It doesnt make sense because as i make a claim it asks who is the youngest driver for third party and its 350 dollars and that cant be the insurance for that right? thats just me as extra on TOP of the insurance premium?

Was just gonna ask u I8A4RE from experience... do you think its better to get car insurance under fathers name aand me be third party driver or is it better to get full comp with increased excess?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Be very careful putting things in other people names - always read every single line of fine print.

Either that, or get burned and learn the hard way :lol:

Personally i'd go for either third party in your name, or comprehensive in your name. Depends what sort of driver you are (and you know what type you are) whether you go for third party or full comprehensive. I'm just 3rd partied.
Resident Asshole.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Sadly you won't be able to put it in your parents name. With Just Cars the price is quoted by the youngest driver (cos it's obvious what younger people do).

I've been on third party for the past 3 years cos I can't afford $2900 per year with 1800 excess quoted to me by Just Cars (and I'm 23).
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:Sadly you won't be able to put it in your parents name. With Just Cars the price is quoted by the youngest driver (cos it's obvious what younger people do).

I've been on third party for the past 3 years cos I can't afford $2900 per year with 1800 excess quoted to me by Just Cars (and I'm 23).
Subbie, if you havent made any claims (that you were classified "at fault") , then that should of dropped dramitcally now
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

yeh thats what i was thinking too coz for me to be insured it was 2000 dollars with 1600 excess
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Hmm, I might give them a call and see if the price has dropped.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

Hey, well im from melbourne too i am on my p.'s nothing bad and im with GIO Custom cars.

Give them a call they are really good :)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

i'm assuming when you said "claim" you mean "getting a quote"?
just checking, it confuses me lol

anyways, with the excesses, be aware that your excess will be basic + age + any non removalble for the car or you. and when it's in someone else's name if you have an accident, there might be a much higher excess when you have an accident.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I got quoted for 1400 yearly for comprehensive insurance with a $800 excess thats with Just Car. Its gonna be different depending on area,age,etc,etc
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]