Insurance company dramas for claim processing

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Richy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Richy »

I used to be insured with famous... I had a couple of not-at fault accident, and the car ended up being write-off. But i got paid out quick. In fact, they rushed me to give them the required paperwork so they can send me the cheque quickly...

with the 1st accident, they didn't even have an inspection, they just use the photos provided by my smash repairer, and the claim was approved.

The 2nd time around, they had someone at my repairer to assess the car, and claimed it to be a write-off. I ended up paying $2200 to buy back the car and use the pay out money to repair the car. (mind u, my car was "quite" modified and none of the modifications were reported)

To some up, my experience with "famous" is quite good.

it must be a ass assesser u had, unfortunately...

just to share my experience..

anyway, good luck with the claim.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I think there is some stuff that you are leaving out here/not telling us but anyway...

Your insurance company has had an assessment done on the cost to repair your car. You can get a copy of this and it'll give you a good idea of how much it's going to cost you to repair your car on your own.

Even if the tires are bald, they will take that in to consideration but are unlikely to decline the claim just because of this.

Ask the insurance company for the report and decline letter.

How long has all this been going on for?

Feel free to ask any more questions.
brent88
Mechanic

Re: Insurance company dramas for claim processing

Post by brent88 »

i know its an old thread but...... what happened? i read everything written coz i was bored lol
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

i want to know to now
ftosyd

Post by ftosyd »

Well Amazing FTO friends,

Finally everything was settled later on, insurance comp. approved my claim and paid in full amount. Certainly I had to fight a lot & proved logically that it wasn't just coz of bad tyres otherwise I could have problem immediately just outside my home not after 25 kms away from home :-))

Many Thanks for all your great support & my apologies for not informing you all. (I went overseas and spent claim $$$, hahhaaaa)

Cheers!!!
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well it's good that it worked out at least :)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

haha cool i guess they think most people will just roll over and not try and get their money