Insurance for 20 year old?

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

hugekim
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Insurance for 20 year old?

Post by hugekim »

wcefan wrote:comprehensive is just way too expensive for younger drivers. I'm 18 and I was quoted $2600 and above. I ended up going for third party fire and theft, only cost me $473 from Just Car
That's pretty good. Mine was $385 for just third party and it was an additional $250 for fire and theft... And I'm 20 with 0 demerit points lost 0 suspensions 0 insurance claims. (I didn't get the extra cover... really hope that doesn't bite me back later)
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

thats heaps!!

nrma was <$500 for theft+fire aswell
and like <$300 for without
mz_madz
Grease Monkey

Post by mz_madz »

After being third partied with my previous car and having it written off with someone hitting me .. I will NEVER go third party again!
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

isnt your car still covered if they hit you just not if you hit them if they hit u there insurance pays for it unless they dont have full comp
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

If the other driver is uninsured you will get a $3,000 payout. Otherwise you will get the full refund if you claim it wasn't "your" fault
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

NRMA is the way to go - im paying 1400 a year for a GPvR, under 25 and for agreed of 13k (max), and a total combined excess of 800 if at fault, so not bad at all -no discounts either =(
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

For some perhaps. NRMA won't touch modified FTOs.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

really? how long ago was that cause they didnt ask me anything and when i told em it was they just said as long as it is within the law and certified etc, its covered up to the agreed value =/
since mine has a 3.5" exhaust system, lowered, mags etc id be worried if it wasnt >.<
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

Nrma is sh*t
I had full comp on my corola what was wrote off due to some one elses fault but because I ran up the back of some one its my fault ( bullshit law needs to be changed ) any way went to them for full comp on the fto that said about 5k with a 2k excess then I went and got 3rd party fire and theft for 500 and 1k excess I got the letter this week saying next year will be 2k excess
So im looking to go else where cause nrma is fucked they screwed me over with the corolla they prob made 10k off me over the time plus selling my car off payed me out 3.2 after paying out excess for a car that was worth a lot more due to mods
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

1. You wont get anymore money back on the car just because its got mods :roll:
2. Seems a bit strange they want more excess though? But also presume you are under 25?
3. How do you run up someone from behind when not your fault?
4. Still think NRMA are too expensive either way and search around you will find something better
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

vipfto wrote: 3. How do you run up someone from behind when not your fault?
I'm guessing someone rammed him from behind (and he liked i-it) and he went forward into someone else.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

Nar basicly was in left lane going south on pacific hwy just after mona vale road cars always park on the road there to I merged in early 4x4 behind me went past me merged infront of the guy I merged behind and cut him off the guy I merged behind slammed on his brakes I was doing 40 and there was no gap cause I just merged in I hit him then car behind hit me so cause of a fuckwit 4x4 merging in late and some old guy slamming on his brakes my car was crushed it was just bad timing no matter who was behind the wheel of my car the results would of been the same
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

That is the longest running sentence I've ever read in my entire life :lol:

L2.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

sublime19 wrote:That is the longest running sentence I've ever read in my entire life :lol:

L2.
I know right!!! Just lols.
Its either an FTO or nothing!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I'm 19, on a safer driver agreement (4 demerits lost and got license back on good behavior), and have insured my FTO with justcar for the agreed value of $8000...I pay $240 per month for full comp soooo...Expensive? Lucky I work so much, car insurance is killer D:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

I paid my insurance outright today. Was $1615 with Just Cars for my FTO GPVR. Additional thing covered was my pod filter system, they wanted minimum another $500 per year for my 17" rims and another $500 per year for the body kit which is stock... So I told them where to shove that idea. Basic excess is $400 plus extra $400 for being under 25. I am a 20 year old driver, no accidents or claims also on the safer drivers agreement (same as ObsidianRadio). Had my license since I was 17. SGIC who have been insuring me for 4 years wouldn't touch the FTO at all... So they lost me as a customer
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

My car is insured under my mother's name and we pay no extra at all until we make a claim. From memory its about $1,200 per year for full comprehensive for $5700 which I paid for my car. NRMA. We're only screwed if I crash the car, in which case the premium goes from I think 600 to 2k, unless I dont make a claim.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Shazzam
Apprentice

Post by Shazzam »

bduffman wrote:Nrma is sh*t
I had full comp on my corola what was wrote off due to some one elses fault but because I ran up the back of some one its my fault ( bullshit law needs to be changed ) any way went to them for full comp on the fto that said about 5k with a 2k excess then I went and got 3rd party fire and theft for 500 and 1k excess I got the letter this week saying next year will be 2k excess
So im looking to go else where cause nrma is fucked they screwed me over with the corolla they prob made 10k off me over the time plus selling my car off payed me out 3.2 after paying out excess for a car that was worth a lot more due to mods
This happened to me aswell!
17 years of driving always insured with them, never had an accident and the we don't punish you for a claim is a load of crap!
In saying that I am still insured with them :(
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

I'm 18, will be on my restricted license soon... Looking for 3rd party fire & theft, Will be interesting 8O
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Sahin
HULK

Insurance for 20 year old?

Post by Sahin »

As stupid as this sounds I don't have insurance and am waiting til I'm 21 to get insurance lol (I'm a p plater and live in a high risk area so I just don't drive like an absolute asshole and hopefully I won't cause an accident) and never really go to the shopping centre...
I go in my gf's pulsar lol