Justcar insurance

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Justcar insurance

Post by zuihoujueding »

im under Justcar insurance and with my missus as the youngest driver, 27, got quoted $1255.
Already opted for maximum excess. cant think of any other options to lower it down. does anyone have any solutions to lower it further?

Added an older driver to the policy does not work kas they only focus on the youngest driver's age.

btw, do we need to list all the mods? as it seems to have raised the premium.

Tried to look for other insurance, only NRMA accepts me but more expensive, even i have greenslips and roadside assistance from them. #$%^&
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Justcar insurance

Post by I8A4RE »

What? I am only paying $890 with just car
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

and the youngest driver in your policy is?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

The youngest driver just affects the amount of excess no the premiums. So I can have any age drive it
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

and you r in maximum excess?
maybe its the location where im in....
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I cant remember off the top of my head but I think it is something like $350 excessive for me being over 25 and then each age bracket under that has an added excess. The worst being under 18 = My excesses $350 + under 18 excesses $550 for a total of $900
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh yeah location plays a huge part
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

im with just car as well, as ive mentioned in other posts, i started off on a $1300 premium with my excess on highest- $2250. this yr they dropped my premium to $1100 with the same excess, they're rips but i dont think theres much you can really do other than take her off the policy.
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

How much do they cover you for?

SGIO allows me up to $9700 coverage, if I recall correctly.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

no choice then...have to go with the premium.
mosti
Mechanic

Post by mosti »

My car is under my dad's name. I only pay 3rd party though. I don't think he put me on the policy? But that wouldn't be such a big deal seeing as though I'm only 3rd party?
I can't afford full comp and I definately can't afford 3rd party or full comp if it was under my name.
When we tried it, it moved up the premium. 3rd party was somwehere in the $1000+ range under my name
Oh and get this....$5600 full comp with RACV hahaha!
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

I8A4RE wrote:The youngest driver just affects the amount of excess no the premiums. So I can have any age drive it
It affects the premium aswell I thought? :/
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Not with mine it doesnt
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hmmm.. I was sure it does.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

:facepalm: Just because we are with the same company doesnt mean we have the same insurance cover. First off I am over 25, so my cover is completely different to yours.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Kustom_FTO wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:The youngest driver just affects the amount of excess no the premiums. So I can have any age drive it
It affects the premium aswell I thought? :/
thats what justcar told me over the phone.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Are you over 25?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I have no one but myself on cover and my premium is $890 and my excesses is around $350. However if someone under 25 drives the car and crashes they will pay and extra excesses penalty which will be dependent on which age bracket they fall in eg

18-20 = $550
20-22 = $350
22-25 = $250

No affect to my premium whatsoever. However in that situation I would dare say that my premiums would go up the following year due to having made a claim
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

you forgot old fart in your list there :D
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

I8A4RE wrote:Are you over 25?
yeah. so does my missus. but i guess location plays a major part here. They said NSW pays the highest premiums.