just car insurance??

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

just car insurance??

Post by lawrencetlc »

Hey guys,

Just wanna ask what are the car insurance company available for insuring my FTO.

Have been to AAMI but found out that they dont actually insure for imported cars. Is there any other insurance company other than just car?

Thanks mate.
bradlovell
Grease Monkey

Post by bradlovell »

try unique car insurance. they tend to go under whatever jsut car offers, and excess is cheaper aswell! like half price cheaper...
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Generally the major insurers will not cover imported vehicles, especially if you are young.

Ones that would cover FTOs I can think of:
Just Cars
Young and Cool
Famous Classic
Shannons
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Depending on your age, I found DAWES the cheapest :D
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

hmmm, then i'll have a try on DAWES then...

But one question. What is "no claim bonus"??

And what is "rating"??

because when i was trying to fill up the quote form, there's two brackets asking no claim bonus (%) and rating... and i dont know what to fill in there...

Thanks...

by the way, unique car insurance doesnt insure for a car if it has no insurance up to 12 months... so....

Erm, so what elses are there? are they all good companies? (young and cool, shannons, famous classic, dawes)
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

lawrencetlc wrote:hmmm, then i'll have a try on DAWES then...

But one question. What is "no claim bonus"??

And what is "rating"??
A No Claims Bonus is basically a discount on your premium that you get as a reward for not making any claims.
After a year with no at-fault claims you are given a Rating 5 which amounts to approximately a 20% discount, whilst five years without a claim entitles you to a 60 per-cent discount (Rating 1).

If you make claim your rating/NCB may drop.

With any insurance, before you sign you should check out the PDS (policy disclosure statement) and read it carefully to see if there's anything that doesn't suit you. These might include:
- who retains ownership of the car in the event of a writeoff
- if you are allowed to choose your repairer
- areas that you park where you may not be covered for a claim
- what the excess is for a claim
etc
messy
Grease Monkey

insurance

Post by messy »

Im in perth, i have an import FTO - well about to get it from compliance - and i have quotes from HBF for insurance.. price was very good aswell, and they know its an import model.

worth giving them ago for sure.. i found Just Car and those others like young and cool were really pricey.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

Hey guys, it would be good if we can post in and older insurance post (which is over 5 now). The main reason is that there are some good info in each one and rather than going into one to get some info and into another one for more is a nuisance.

What you guys think?
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Or a moderator can merge them :wink:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

AHAHHA.

We will see if that happens :lol:

Not calling them lazy or anything :roll:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol:

yeah... bunch of comedians!

find the links & I'll merge 'em :wink:
sublime19
Sooty!

Re: insurance

Post by sublime19 »

messy wrote:Im in perth, i have an import FTO - well about to get it from compliance - and i have quotes from HBF for insurance.. price was very good aswell, and they know its an import model.

worth giving them ago for sure.. i found Just Car and those others like young and cool were really pricey.
whereabts is HBF based? will they insure cars in sydney?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Re: insurance

Post by d_stroy_r »

sublime19 wrote:
messy wrote:Im in perth, i have an import FTO - well about to get it from compliance - and i have quotes from HBF for insurance.. price was very good aswell, and they know its an import model.

whereabts is HBF based? will they insure cars in sydney?
Based and only available to WA people, best insurance by far. Cheapest too
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

u will see from otehr posts I pay around $900 for my FTO. excess is $600....as its a non-turbo...however this is dependant on:

preivous driving record

I just made a massive claim this month...see how that goes up next year! :P
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

khunjeng wrote:u will see from otehr posts I pay around $900 for my FTO. excess is $600....as its a non-turbo...however this is dependant on:

preivous driving record

I just made a massive claim this month...see how that goes up next year! :P
I dunno how old u are KJ but when u bought your FTO were u under 25?
Im still stuck on $2450 per year, cant seem to find a better deal :evil:
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

wow it cost 2450 to insure an fto???
damn...
thats definitely a bit hefty
i'm 21 and i insure my evo8 for $3120 with justcars
but with much higher agreed value compare to the fto
i reckon your getting ripped off sublime!
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

fto617 wrote:wow it cost 2450 to insure an fto???
damn...
thats definitely a bit hefty
i'm 21 and i insure my evo8 for $3120 with justcars
but with much higher agreed value compare to the fto
i reckon your getting ripped off sublime!
yep... well i can't seem to find a better deal.. NRMA and Just cars are the only people I could find that wanna insure an import and NRMA quoted me $8500, don't even know why I bothered calling them.

But I've made a list now, Young & Cool, Famous Classic, Shannons and DAWES I'll give a call and see what their terms and prices are.

Last cruise I went to, either Bennoz, kazbah or Silentbob mentioned there's one in WA that'll ensure cars for a reasonable price, anybody know of one in WA that covers NSW?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

fto617 wrote:wow it cost 2450 to insure an fto???
hmm u dont own an FTO? :?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Famous are in WA. I used to be through them - but now that I'm older I found Dawes cheaper for me. Dawes has a minimum age limit, though I can;t remember what it is, I think it's 25 yrs :?

Famous also wanted to charge a minimum excess of $1000 on claims and wouldnt budge, Dawes excess only $500

NRMA quoted me $4500 - and I'm in the 30's bracket!!!! They thought it was quite a reasonable price :? They were quite suprised that I didnt agree. :roll:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol.. reasonable.. pssshhh!!! well i couldn't find a website for famous classic, any idea on where I can get their details? and DAWES has a minimum age bracket of 25? :(
im still 21 :?