just car insurance??

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

sublime19 wrote:
khunjeng wrote:u will see from otehr posts I pay around $900 for my FTO. excess is $600....as its a non-turbo...however this is dependant on:

preivous driving record

I just made a massive claim this month...see how that goes up next year! :P
I dunno how old u are KJ but when u bought your FTO were u under 25?
Im still stuck on $2450 per year, cant seem to find a better deal :evil:
yeah I'm 28 so it seems to make a big difference :P
Missbhaved
Apprentice

Post by Missbhaved »

hmm Just Cars have quoted me $1050 for full comp for a GPX, and I'm under 25? Not a P Plater mind you, but I'm 23.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Missbhaved wrote:hmm Just Cars have quoted me $1050 for full comp for a GPX, and I'm under 25? Not a P Plater mind you, but I'm 23.
what?!?!!!! well that's what u get for being a "superstar" :P damn man that 's crap that i gotta pay like.. 2.5 times what u pay when your under 25 too :(
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Other factors involved too... like location, is the car garaged, male vs female driver, previous cover you've had, your driving history.... * Ben gently pats his driving record chronicles* :lol:
Missbhaved
Apprentice

Post by Missbhaved »

sublime19 wrote:
Missbhaved wrote:hmm Just Cars have quoted me $1050 for full comp for a GPX, and I'm under 25? Not a P Plater mind you, but I'm 23.
what?!?!!!! well that's what u get for being a "superstar" :P damn man that 's crap that i gotta pay like.. 2.5 times what u pay when your under 25 too :(
lol :roll:

I dont understand why you have to pay so much more? Have you made claims before?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

no, I've never even been in a crash or even pulled over for speeding.. never! and still gotta pay that much, maybe I should just say I'm related to you, maybe they'll gimme a discount :P
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/

Web address for Famous. :D
Missbhaved
Apprentice

Post by Missbhaved »

sublime19 wrote:no, I've never even been in a crash or even pulled over for speeding.. never! and still gotta pay that much, maybe I should just say I'm related to you, maybe they'll gimme a discount :P
lol :roll: :roll:

are you under 21?
Aspenmai
Apprentice

Post by Aspenmai »

Sydney = pretty much twice the premium than anywhere else in Australia.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

nice! thanks for that :D
Missbhaved
Apprentice

Post by Missbhaved »

Aspenmai wrote:Sydney = pretty much twice the premium than anywhere else in Australia.
ahh well that would explain it! 8)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

:cry:
well I'm not going through Just Cars no more!! Hopefully famous classic will ensure me!! thanks again Teania, with DAWES I didn't liek the fact that they wouldn't ensure me if i parked my car outside of my garage from 10-5!
well not like they'd ensure me since I'm under 25 anyway..
Missbhaved wrote:
sublime19 wrote:no, I've never even been in a crash or even pulled over for speeding.. never! and still gotta pay that much, maybe I should just say I'm related to you, maybe they'll gimme a discount :P
lol :roll: :roll:

are you under 21?
agh maybe I shouldn't have named myself sublime19 cos now everybody probably thinks I'm 19 :?
I'm 21
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Hi Sublime 19 (who's 21 :wink: )

Famous can be even worse about the garaging thing...... they told me that if my car was left ungaraged and got stolen- then there would be the usual excess of $1000 PLUS an extra $2000 excess for leaving it not garaged overnight. $3000 total excess if it got stolen!!!! 8O

Dawes also want it garaged as long as I'm within 1km of my home address - more than 1k away - then no problem.

Cheers
T
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

wow, the smaller companies are lot more stricter! Maybe I'll get quotes from them and try to get Just Cars to lower their prices. Gotta look into it more but you've given me a good start to which direction Ill be going to for comp. insurance. Thanks for that :)
Missbhaved
Apprentice

Post by Missbhaved »

sublime19 wrote: agh maybe I shouldn't have named myself sublime19 cos now everybody probably thinks I'm 19 :?
I'm 21
haha nah its cool - I didnt assume, I swear! 8) That was one of the only ways I could comprehend how much you are paying, but I guess the Sydney thing sorted that out :)
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

That's cheap, I'm with Just Cars and i'm paying $1,600 - I'm 28 mind you. Maybe coz of where i live, Punchbowl. Not a place to raise your kids. :D
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Teania wrote:Hi Sublime 19 (who's 21 :wink: )

Famous can be even worse about the garaging thing...... they told me that if my car was left ungaraged and got stolen- then there would be the usual excess of $1000 PLUS an extra $2000 excess for leaving it not garaged overnight. $3000 total excess if it got stolen!!!! 8O

Dawes also want it garaged as long as I'm within 1km of my home address - more than 1k away - then no problem.

Cheers
T
Thats very strange Tanya, I'm insured with Famous and I dont have those restrictions. The car must be garaged within 500mtrs of my home (fair enough) Negotiated a $500 excess no matter what happens, they try to hit me with an extra $1000 for single car accident... my arse!! Got them to remove all other excesses. Plus I have a free windscreen each year! Dont take what they say as being the final word, negotiate with them, you'd be surprised what you can achieve :wink:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Must depend a lot on where you live. I was living in Kingsford at that time and they wouldnt budge on the excess. They finally agreed to drop the premium to match Dawes - but not the excess. So I had to say to them - Thanks - but no thanks......
The Ex-Sec
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

well I was checkin them on the internet, most of the time when I go out and don't drink I park my car in the city between 10-5am! and that's when im worried about something happening so looks like I'll have to choose between either Young and Cool or Just cars, havn't checked Shannons yet.
Young & Cool = $2640 (wouldn't budge from there!) with $1000 access
Just Cars = $2466 , $1800 access (this is waaay too much)

Im thinkin of going with Y&C and having my access higher to shave some of the figure off the premium :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Imported car is such a rip off on insurance, I can insure a $70k car cheaper then the FTO... :roll:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.