FTO in Perth? HBF!

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mike
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO in Perth? HBF!

Post by mike »

Called about a dozen insurers last month to see whos policies and premiums impressed me the most. Was with Just Cars. Details:
Agreed value - $16000
Age - 23
Rating / NCB - 1 / 60%
Postcode - 6030
Mods - None

Just Car had quoted $1080 with the usual killer excesses. Best premium I found was with HBF for $650!! No one else came close. Policy seems great too. Any unnamed driver is still covered for $500 excess, one free windscreen per year, monthly direct debits, other excesses are low too.

The premium was reduced because of a $200 voluntary excess I chose to have. A lot of people dont know about this. Most insurers allow to to have a voluntary excess, the higher you make this excess, the lower your annual premium. Of course, when you need to make a claim the voluntary excess needs to be paid. $250 seemed to provide the best value. Check them out.

Mike
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

God.. makes me jealous that you guys can get as low as $1080 when your under 25, I wish I could even get down to double that amount (means I'd pay $2160 in a second without a thought cos that't be cheap for me)

HBF only do WA? or do they cover nsw too?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
arkoso
Grease Monkey

Post by arkoso »

Yeah man I'm 20 (19 at the time) and applied for HBF after having no luck elsewhere. They hadn't really heard of an FTO but we settled on an agreed value of $12000 and I got a good deal. Unfortunately I didn't elect any extra excess because if something happens I'm charged $900 age excess anyways. :?
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Hey guys thanks for this one,
best insurance price i found as well,

But one thing to check is with your 60% no claim bonus
you have to have been named as a driver for 5 years and not had an accident, if they find this to be false then they can refuse to pay on the policy.

As I have not been driving for 6 years i couldnt get the 60% discount, but i was still eligable for the 30%
so my premiums came out at $1889.8 P/A

which i thought was really good for an 18k car

I had a quote from just car, and they would only insure it for 12k and their premiums were over 2k and minium excess was over 1k

so all in all i think its a good deal.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Re: FTO in Perth? HBF!

Post by Rob Furniss »

Just had a quote of $655 with protected no claims and $400 excess, agreed value of 5.5K
36 year old with no accidents or demerits, WA.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

:lol:

But yeah, pitty they only look after WA... :(
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Rob Furniss wrote:Just had a quote of $655 with protected no claims and $400 excess, agreed value of 5.5K
8O 8O $655 with 5.5k value :(
I pay $860 with value of $19900 and excess of $500.
The only limits I have is I can't drive it over 8000k's a year.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

I didn't get the car though as the condition wasn't as good as I expected so still looking for one and got more time to shop around for insurance too.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

aza013 wrote:
Rob Furniss wrote:Just had a quote of $655 with protected no claims and $400 excess, agreed value of 5.5K
8O 8O $655 with 5.5k value :(
I pay $860 with value of $19900 and excess of $500.
The only limits I have is I can't drive it over 8000k's a year.
Thats pretty good az!!
Taz wrote:When funds allow