People with Comprehensive policies, please read.

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

oodLes
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

People with Comprehensive policies, please read.

Post by oodLes »

Im looking around now for the best insurance, and at the moment the best Im getting is $2400 from Just Car Insurance.

Im 20 at the moment, and turning 21 on the 10th of next month. The FTO was going to be my 21st present, but unless I can find a semi-reasonable policy (Im talking around the 1k mark) then theres no way I'll be getting one.

I don't even live in a town, I live on a country property and to date, we've never had anything stolen, ever. :lol: I wondered if telling the insurance companies would take this into account. So anyone with comprehensive insurance, please post how much you pay and with whom, and your age. Thanks everyone.
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

my insurance was around 2k for the first year, but dropped to around $1200 for the second year, so have faith, it does go down pretty quick! I'm 22 now with Just Cars.

The insurance companies already take into account where you live (as they rate each suburb/town on a scale of how safe they are)

There are a few companies that allow you to pay by the month which might make it more managable!
jakey106
Mechanic

Post by jakey106 »

Hey i am with young and cool i am 19 and i live in wagga wagga and i am paying about 1600 comprahensive and this is my first year with them
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

What state are you in?

To be honest $1k is probably going to be nothing more than a pipe dream. You have two massive factors against you:
- your age
- imported car

Like Camo said, it's based on grouping of risks.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

New South Wales kid.

I only say the 1k mark as I saw someone elses thread in the insurance section where he was paying around 1k with Just Cars and was 23. :?
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

You won't be able to to get comp insurance for $1k if you live in syd, especially at your age. I got quote $1,600 wih just cars and im 28.

Mind you, I live what they call 'not safe' area of sydney and no garage.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Nah I live on the border of VIC, about 40km out of Albury.

I called Unique today and found that when I told them it would be a daily driver I was automatically out, didn't try Young & Cool as my hobby requires me to be out overnight nearly every weekend & Just Cars keeps giving me a quote of $2,500 no matter what age I set myself to which I found confusing, maybe their software is buggy or something. :?

Im starting to think $2,500 is the norm though, and will probably be going with that whenever I further check out some cars.
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

compo insurance for me with just cars would be 2.1 grand in brisbane. in sydney 4 grand. paying 440 for 3rd party fire/theft at the moment.. 1 grand is a bit unlikely i think especially if u have no no claims bonus
JahjaMan
Apprentice

Post by JahjaMan »

oh shucks

im 17 in sydney

justcar insurance gave me $3600

NRMA gave me something like $10000 or something.
i was too shocked to remember what is was
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Im with Shannons, and pay around 1K, but Im 37, and live in metro Adelaide. was paying 1400 when I lived in Sydney, but I do pay monthly, so I hardly notice it :) Not that it helps you at all... :(
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

just recieved my Renewal from Just Cars.

$1043...but cover is only for 12,650 down from 16k last year! I just realised that a claim costs 600+900 as its an import - i.e. 1500! I wanna smash it good and get them to fix it all up...
Liquidity
Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

depends on your driving history too. I got quoted that figure from just cars, and i've got a "record" of two crashes (neither at fault, like that matters to them) and a break-in.

My quote was for a location 5 mins out the CBD, ungaraged.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, just checked my policy.

Agreed Value : $16000
No Claim : 65%
Excess : $500

Premium (NSW) : $1399
Premium (SA) : $1038 (approx $80 per month)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Sparhawk wrote:OK, just checked my policy.

Agreed Value : $16000
No Claim : 65%
Excess : $500

Premium (NSW) : $1399
Premium (SA) : $1038 (approx $80 per month)
who are you with again? btw u r old anyway right? no offense meant there lol, just thinking that since u have 4 kids to take care of for the national cruise, i'd assume u r much older thanks 17-22.

i hate being young :(
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Read up a few posts LOL
Sparhawk wrote:Im with Shannons, and pay around 1K, but Im 37, and live in metro Adelaide. was paying 1400 when I lived in Sydney, but I do pay monthly, so I hardly notice it :) Not that it helps you at all... :(
Yeah Im old :cry:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Sparhawk wrote:Read up a few posts LOL
Sparhawk wrote:Im with Shannons, and pay around 1K, but Im 37, and live in metro Adelaide. was paying 1400 when I lived in Sydney, but I do pay monthly, so I hardly notice it :) Not that it helps you at all... :(
Yeah Im old :cry:
>.< the stupid thing is i read that, but just didnt realise it was you o_0'

superlime isnt the only one with reading problems so it seems
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Just Car: 1st year - 19 years old (QLD) - $1700, Agreed Value $16000

Just Car: 2nd Year - 20 Years Old - $1350 (Rating Lowered) Value $17,500

Hopefully a lot lower next year with no claim
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Shannons got me just under $1000, i pay by the month, easy on the wallet... rating 1, 14500 agreed value.

started at around 1800 with just car when i lived in adelaide on rating 4, premium fell by around 200-300 per year, but excess was 1500 (as mentioned above somewhere)

excess $500 (like sparhawk mentioned)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

JahjaMan wrote:oh shucks

im 17 in sydney

justcar insurance gave me $3600

NRMA gave me something like $10000 or something.
i was too shocked to remember what is was
LOL!!! wtf.. man 3600, do u live in redfern in front of the government housing and park your car in the middle of the street :P

yea i called nrma.. they quoted me $8600, and the guy told me to call just cars cos nrma isnt the best place for sports car.. i still have to figure out which insurance im going thru, apparantly just cars doesnt take payment by the month and i cant afford to pay it all in one some.. gotta find out thu Young n cool. and their excess is 1000 instead of 1800 with just cars.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Young and Cool will only cover lightly modified vehicles, within the following limits:
- sound system covered for a maximum of $1,000 (not much)
- wheels and tires covered to a maximum of $1,000 (definitely not much)
- we cover cars with wide wheels, body kits, lowered suspension and sports exhaust systems.

I called them up earlier this year looking for quotes for the ol' soap box. My modifications went beyond that so no go, but for an FTO, considering most of you guys will be arguably limited to exhaust, filter, wheels + stereo mods, it may not be a bad option.