People with Comprehensive policies, please read.

Found a good price to insure your FTO? Or looking for insurance for your ride? This is the section to look in.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

kid_dynamite wrote:Young and Cool will only cover lightly modified vehicles, within the following limits:
- sound system covered for a maximum of $1,000 (not much)
- wheels and tires covered to a maximum of $1,000 (definitely not much)
- we cover cars with wide wheels, body kits, lowered suspension and sports exhaust systems.

I called them up earlier this year looking for quotes for the ol' soap box. My modifications went beyond that so no go, but for an FTO, considering most of you guys will be arguably limited to exhaust, filter, wheels + stereo mods, it may not be a bad option.
my tires are worth more than 1k.. :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

OMG! That is crazy!!

When I was 19 insurance for my car cost me $1700 and I thought that was expensive.
20 - It was $1300
21 - I'm hoping it will go down again to around the $1000 mark
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

mr-charisma wrote:OMG! That is crazy!!

When I was 19 insurance for my car cost me $1700 and I thought that was expensive.
20 - It was $1300
21 - I'm hoping it will go down again to around the $1000 mark
Hell id be happy to pay $2000 for my insurance but just cars quoted me $4300 my suburb isnt bad its in a garage no history of an accident (Well none that have been recorded or claimed through insurance, and i was 20) And no driving offences either, i wonder what they would quote me now it must be aroun the $5500 mark
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

I'm with Shannons, 950ish iirc with agreed value set to 18k - with my g/f on as a rare driver it went to 1200. I'm 25 and she isn't.. annoyingly.

Don't trust those online quote systems... ALWAYS ring up. You'll find you get a better deal, well I did. Bundling a couple of insurance policies together can sometimes score you a discount too :D It all depends on how good you are at negotiating I guess... me... I'm pretty ratty at it :(
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

boarsai wrote:
Don't trust those online quote systems... ALWAYS ring up. You'll find you get a better deal, well I did. Bundling a couple of insurance policies together can sometimes score you a discount too :D It all depends on how good you are at negotiating I guess... me... I'm pretty ratty at it :(
I got the other way around, with two different company as well, both were way cheaper online. In the end they have to honor the one online. But like you said, i always ring up to check.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

I finally went with Just Cars, 2500 comprehensive.
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

i am with Young & Cool for $800...i am 30 thou, initially wasn't going for comp insur as thought it might be too expensive (NRMA quoted me $645 just for 3rd party damage with fire & theft)....