lancer vrx 2003

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

topao
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

lancer vrx 2003

Post by topao »

Hi i have a lancer Vrx 2003 model that ive given to a friend to drive for the last year however i've only just found out shes been putting diesel into the tank, so now i have to buy a new engine cause the other one is Fu**d past repair. Does anyone know how much this is going to cost me? Thanks
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Re: lancer vrx 2003

Post by khunjeng »

topao wrote:Hi i have a lancer Vrx 2003 model that ive given to a friend to drive for the last year however i've only just found out shes been putting diesel into the tank, so now i have to buy a new engine cause the other one is Fu**d past repair. Does anyone know how much this is going to cost me? Thanks
holy sh*t...tell your friend they are spastic...I though the nossle was hard to get in...cos its a different shape.

Anyway...

Buy and EVO7...

Talk to these guys...they will know:
http://www.evolutionoz.net/forum/phpBB2 ... 7c0ff21762
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmm how can anyone put diesel into a non-diesel car for more then one tank? It should smoke white from the first time....

Unless she doesn't even look at the revise mirror or no one told her that her car had been creating a smoke screen and causing a driving hazzard.

Anyway apart from changing your engine, you will need to flush your fuel line, fuel tank, and i'm sure your fuel bump is rooted by now too.

If you stick with the same engine, it should cost around $3-4k with parts and labour.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

OMFG! You lend your car to Paris Hilton or something?? How can anyone be f**king stupid enough to put diesel in an unleaded car!??

I would be making her pay for it for starters... you shouldn't ha ve to pay for it because of someone elses stupid mistake.. If she's any good kind of friend she should be offering to pay for it anyway.

Anyways, personally I would 'upgrade' the engine if I had to replace it anyway, like khunjeng said, find out about getting an EVO engine ;)
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

or just wreck the car and get a better one
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

haha i think she was mixing them i really dont know i dont really want to know either, i asked her why she did it and she said cause the diesel was cheaper and she thought all petrol was the same, and then i asked if the car would smoke and her reply was yeah but i see a lot of cars with smoke coming out of them, shes certainly not the smartest person in the world. Its okay she will be paying for it. Thanks for your help
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

topao wrote:haha i think she was mixing them i really dont know i dont really want to know either, i asked her why she did it and she said cause the diesel was cheaper and she thought all petrol was the same, and then i asked if the car would smoke and her reply was yeah but i see a lot of cars with smoke coming out of them, shes certainly not the smartest person in the world. Its okay she will be paying for it. Thanks for your help
lol
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

topao wrote:haha i think she was mixing them i really dont know i dont really want to know either, i asked her why she did it and she said cause the diesel was cheaper and she thought all petrol was the same, and then i asked if the car would smoke and her reply was yeah but i see a lot of cars with smoke coming out of them, shes certainly not the smartest person in the world. Its okay she will be paying for it. Thanks for your help
she could be a perfect gf or wife you know...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

mxysxy wrote:
she could be a perfect gf or wife you know...
GF maybe, but Wife, no way, can you imagine all the stuff you have to start to pay for just because she "didn't know" or "aren't they all the same" :?

Anyway diesel cost more at the pump, so i guess she failed to learn how to read numercy too. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

just tell her

"u owe me a 10 second car"

:P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

just tell her

"u owe me a 10 second car"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! :lol: 8)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

OMFG! AHAHAH omg i cracked up for like 5 minutes straight after reading this, and especially @ "i thought all fuel was the same" ahahahah gee man thats like the dopiest shyt i ever heard of bro LOL!!

Next time she comes to your house, just ask her if she wants a drink, and give her a glass of petrol to drink, and say "oh my bad, i thought all liquid was the same"
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
FTO-101
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

Hey i'm going to the Girls defence on this one. Never give your ride to a woman........ That's why i always buy a manual, you get less of a chance of a girl saying "oh can i drive it" my sister smashed 3 of my cars now all i do is get manual and she can't drive it. And if she can drive manual just say "NO" :lol:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

dude, thats one of those "itll never happen to me" kinda things, she betta have some mega nice titties for you to still be talking to her.

those engines wont be cheap, if u want to keep it id try repairing the engine you have or u might as well shell out for an evo engine!
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

Shes actually my gf cousin, luckily my gf is a little bit more smarter to know the difference between fuels. Wouldnt it set me back around the $8000 mark to convert it to an evo. I dont really care much for the car as long as its working properly without problems, I'll have to make up a little plate that says DONT PUT DIESEL IN ME and put it next to the tank. lol as for getting it fixed apparently its screwed beyond repair
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

mm.. does insurance cover these kind of acts? i wouldnt think so.. since i don't think they would believe that someone could be so idiotic, they'd be sussed out and it's already hard to get insurance claims on normal incidents, but i dont see insurance covering this.. anyway, i would really get her to pay for it.. have u asked her or talked to her abt payment?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

topao wrote:lol as for getting it fixed apparently its screwed beyond repair
yeah itd cost more to fix than to buy a new motor, u might get lucky and find a cheap engine.

best bet is to ring mitsubishi aus, ask 4 the parts dept. get the number of the wrecker they use and ring them, haver the engine shipped to u and put it in yourself, or get a mechanic to do it...

maybe 3g for the engine
a grand to get it put in
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

sublime19 wrote:mm.. does insurance cover these kind of acts? i wouldnt think so.. since i don't think they would believe that someone could be so idiotic, they'd be sussed out and it's already hard to get insurance claims on normal incidents, but i dont see insurance covering this.. anyway, i would really get her to pay for it.. have u asked her or talked to her abt payment?
Its my car but i gave it to her to use so its sort of hers now. So shes agreed to pay whatever it costs
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

hahaha ... sorry but its funny....
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

All fixed it cost $4000 for a new engine and a friends putting it in