Evo X

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

eThix
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Evo X

Post by eThix »

RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

what do you all think?

At first I hated the tail lights and the front treatment but now I really like it, a lot mor than the new WRX anyway. Still not real sure about the tail lights :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I actually like it, its got a bit of Alfa touch at the back and the up coming new GTR front.

I don't mind the new WRX, well in the STi form that is.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I was a bit iffy on it when I first saw it .. I have always loved the shape of the Evo III, followed by the Evo VII ....

I still love the EIII the most, but the EX has grown on me and has moved up to be the second fav ...

I think it would look a bit better if the front bar was 1 colour though ...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

i don't like the look of any of the EVO's... I don't really give a crap about how many new features they put in / how fast it goes etc ... unless they change the shape of them pretty drastically, or put a sports car shell on it I'm never going to buy one...
it might as well be a Holden / Ford with the way it looks.. & i've seen better looking 4wd's
But, obviously, Mitsubishi's target market is obvously not geared toward people with a sense of style & good taste in cars.. (the FTO & Eclipse are quite possibly the only exception)
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

mr-charisma wrote:i don't like the look of any of the EVO's... I don't really give a crap about how many new features they put in / how fast it goes etc ... unless they change the shape of them pretty drastically, or put a sports car shell on it I'm never going to buy one...
it might as well be a Holden / Ford with the way it looks.. & i've seen better looking 4wd's
But, obviously, Mitsubishi's target market is obvously not geared toward people with a sense of style & good taste in cars.. (the FTO & Eclipse are quite possibly the only exception)
yeah i agree with you man :) nothing really stylish about the EVOs and it is a 4 door (boooo) but i would still LOVE to drive one :P
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

LOL i would own one in a heartbeat.

& i like it :P
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

eThix wrote: yeah i agree with you man :) nothing really stylish about the EVOs and it is a 4 door (boooo) but i would still LOVE to drive one :P
I wouldn't mind driving one to see how they go...

I'm sure there are quite a few people hwo would want one, are they going to be available in Australia to buy new? Or will we have to wait another 15 years & import them in?
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

I think it's available next march.

I'm a fan of the evo ix and vi.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Yeah my favourite is still the EVO 6 TMR, really have come to like the evo 9's as much as I like evo 3's though as well.

From what I read will be locally delivered, I'd guess they would have to the amount of evo 9's I see. SHould be getting the upgraded lancer WRX competitor as well (read: less powerful and less aggresive than evo).
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

guys evo might not be the most stylish cars around
but if u havent sat in one before, i dont think u have the right to comment.
after all, evo IS A PERFORMANCE CAR, pure breed too.
SIT in one, and tell me how u feel afterwards.

my first experience...i can still remember how fast it is...
and with my current mods, i can keep up with MR ferraris no worries :twisted:

even stock wise, when u drive it, the car doesnt feel like a 4 door family car...
but hey...4 doors means u can have fun with the WHOLE family
not just your girlfriend and a dog in the backseat
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

fto617 wrote:guys evo might not be the most stylish cars around

even stock wise, when u drive it, the car doesnt feel like a 4 door family car...
+ one to that ...

I was getting sick of my poject car.. Offerred to sell it to the mechanich that has been doing some of the work on it ... He was keen as, but made sure I drove it before I went through with it ....

Holy CRAP !!!!! Never whant to let her go ..... And that is without the full tune and only on about 7-10psi ... Car is built to take 20psi with no probs...

It also helps that I upgraded all the Recaro interior to Evo VI or VII ... Can't remember what they came out of ...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

mr-charisma wrote: But, obviously, Mitsubishi's target market is obvously not geared toward people with a sense of style & good taste in cars.. (the FTO & Eclipse are quite possibly the only exception)
Don't forget the EVO and WRX were design during the early 90's and back then to justify a $50k car (in today's money around $60k-70k) in a coupe form would be a lot harder then a 4 door. And now they got a winning formula, why would anyone try to change it.

Lots of people dislike the new WRX in a hatch form already, so changing platform is a big risk. But at least Subaru can afford it, unlike Mitsubishi, who is facing a finanical problem.

Also EVO, WRX and STi are mainly aim for those who have a young family where they want a performance car and find 2 doors coupe aren't practical or just can't justify it to their mrs, these are the reasons why majority of high performance car under $70k are 4 doors.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yeah don't get us wrong, i think EVOs rock! i would buy one (if had the money) :) all i was saying was they just don't have a sexy look to them :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

fto617 wrote:guys evo might not be the most stylish cars around

no need to get so defensive... I'm just saying I think its an Ugly car & I wouldn't buy one. & I don't have the right to say that???

I never said they weren't fast, or that they weren't a good car, that would be a stupid comment, ... as I said, I wouldn't mind driving one to see how they go, but I still don't think I'd get one... especially for the price tag..

I've never sat in a Landrover before, but I can safely say that I would never buy one :P ... same goes for something like a Holden ClubSport, I don't care if its quicker than my FTO - it looks like a dogs arse ...

Luckily I don't plan on having 2 extra passengers for the back seat for at least another 10 or 20 years ;) ... and then they will still be able to fit in the back seat of my FTO for a while after that. :P Hopefully by that time there will be flying cars & stuff... :)
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yeah flying cars rock :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

eThix wrote:Yeah flying cars rock :P
aye :)
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

mr-charisma wrote:
eThix wrote:Yeah flying cars rock :P
aye :)
(,,,)-(-_-) (,,,)
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

Sat in an EVO 9 a few months back, with the PSI set to a minimum, came up with the following conclusions

1. Amazing Handling
2. G-force is incredible
3. Heart actually feels like it has stop pounding
4. Brembo brakes, best i have seen and felt 220km- 30km in almost no time, without any loss of control, perfect, progressive stop.
5. Looks beautiful
6. I want one
7. I want one
8. Oh and did i mention i want one?

lol
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Shahrez wrote:Sat in an EVO 9 a few months back, with the PSI set to a minimum, came up with the following conclusions

1. Amazing Handling
2. G-force is incredible
3. Heart actually feels like it has stop pounding
4. Brembo brakes, best i have seen and felt 220km- 30km in almost no time, without any loss of control, perfect, progressive stop.
5. Looks beautiful
6. I want one
7. I want one
8. Oh and did i mention i want one?

lol
they are good cars 7-9....the MRs are pretty good stuff. Lucky that I have taken a 7 and 9 on the track a few times and they go pretty well. However I love the raw power of my line comming onto a main straight....but when your EVO has 220 atw its amazing to drive.