ASTRA Sri turbo

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gecko
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ASTRA Sri turbo

Post by gecko »

YAY :D just had my brand spanking new company car delivered.. cant wait to take her for a spin ...

Turbocharged 2.0 litre 147kW engine
6 speed manual transmission
Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
18" alloy wheels (4)
Sports body kit
anyone ever driven one??? whats your thoughts
~I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy I think my mask of sanity is about to slip~
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yep driven one, they are actually "feel" slower then the older model as its heavier.

I'm suprise that your company would let you have a turbo car, as insurance company that insure corporate will charge through the roof for any turbo cars.

Since its company car, get rid of those crappy standard tyres and puts some decent handling one.

Other then that its a good little car. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
gecko
Apprentice

Post by gecko »

yeah its not a fleet car is a novated lease but spons through the company
~I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy I think my mask of sanity is about to slip~
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

ImageImage @ the price!!!! 8O

35k!!!!! omfg... I guess you can't be choosy with company car, but here's what I'd rather do (rather than buy one for myself);

Buy an FTO for 10-12k
Spend 10k on repairs (if needed) (& other mods if they're not) ... suspension / engine / leather seats / Extractors / Exhaust / ECU / sound system etc and then another 10-15k on a Turbo & you'll have a better & faster car for the same price

Lol @ the Holden website ... I can't believe they have a section for 'Concept Cars' tht they're never going to put into production!! I would kill for an Efijy.. But theres no way its worth 1.5mil
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

they are a nice car :) my uncle has one, and now his a hoon lol
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Is $35+ORC hehe

But IMO, its a good buy, there are plenty of small turbo hatch these days, all will give FTO a run for the money in stock form and with just air-filter and exhaust (~$1k), you can kiss good bye to the $20k+ that you spend on a FTO.

Also going fast is one thing, going fast safely is another. Lots of new hot hatch comes with 10 times more safety features then the FTO.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Some of us just like it raw :wink:

even though it's stupid hehe
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Delvance wrote:Some of us just like it raw :wink:
LOL hey so do I, but only on a track.

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTO338 wrote:
Delvance wrote:Some of us just like it raw :wink:
LOL hey so do I, but only on a track.

Whats the little '7k' about?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTO338 wrote:Is $35+ORC hehe

But IMO, its a good buy, there are plenty of small turbo hatch these days, all will give FTO a run for the money in stock form and with just air-filter and exhaust (~$1k), you can kiss good bye to the $20k+ that you spend on a FTO.

Also going fast is one thing, going fast safely is another. Lots of new hot hatch comes with 10 times more safety features then the FTO.
I don't doubt that its got more safety features than an FTO... (even some I wouldn't really want ... )

Theres a few little Euro's that aren't too bad in both the looks & features dept for around the same money (or less .. esp with a few k's on the clock)

IMO Fto's are still a damn cheap car (compared to others) even with 20k spent on them... though there are so many other areas I would spend that 20k before thinking about whacking in a turbo.. or even spending on styling mods.. but I think I've gone into it all before..
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Pretty sure you can't get a novated lease for a second hand car either.

Oh and 4 wheels? Really :lol:

Although I'm thinking now you might be refering to the fact it doesn't have an alloy spare :?: If so just ignore me..............