My other project coming to an end .... Sort of

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My other project coming to an end .... Sort of

Post by rock_it »

Hey all,

This is my other project car ... It is sort of coming to an end ... Sort of ...

Now, I can't really tell what it was... The car was a stolen recovered car, and had some idiots try to do a number job on it.... I think it is technically a GSR 1.8ltr lancer...

It has the Evo chasis braces, but the new VIN it was given was for a normal Lancer GL. But it is AWD, and was registered as a 1995 GSR. It did have the 1.8ltr engine, but I have taken it out and replaced it all with a combination of Evo II and III parts... So technically it is an EVO re-shell if anything ...

Anyway, there is a huge build thread on cardomain, but here is the short version ..

How I bought it:

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

JulesD
Apprentice

Post by JulesD »

thats a nice looking rebuild u have there..
when do u expect it to be finished?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Love the colour, so what mods you done to it so far?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hopefully she should be finished being sprayed in the next two weeks...

Just gotta do the doors, the trunk, front & rear bars, and the side skirts ... Then goes engineering + rego ....

What have I done to her... Well, she has had a full engine rebuild to start... All forged internals.. Metal head gasket, Evo VII lightened crank ... Bigger injectors.. EMS ECU, Garrett GT30, 2 TurboSmart pro gates ... New intake manifold (can't remember the brand), SS commy coils, and a whole lot more... Think I have spent close to 20k on the engine ...

I had the engine in my Hyundai Sonata, and was putting out 238kw @ the wheels.. That was running close to 20psi ... The FWD system could not take the power to well, so I moved on to the AWD platform. So it will be interesting to see what she puts out at 4 wheels, and since the engine is built to run over 20psi, the new drivetrain should be able to run a lot more...

Have been building her for just over a year now ... Have also thrown in Recaro Evo VI interior... The full build is on www.cardomain.com/id/rock_it
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

awsome mate looks the goods and agree the color looks pretty awsome

will be an awsome beast when you are finished.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Thanks mate...

The colour is the new Evo X blue ... I just love it ... Can't wait to get photo's of it in sunlight...

You can't really see, but the bonnet does not have as much shine as the rest of the body.. So it is going to get an extra coat of clear.. It is a f/g bonnet, so I think it has just sucked more of the paint in... It is not really noticable, unless you look really hard...

I really can't wait to get her on the streets... Then comes the stereo and all the other goodies... Needs a good tune too ... Have it running pretty rough, as I didn't want the plugs to foul... So yeah, will see how she does soonish... :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Love it 8)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

funny cos I was thinking about a evo project myself...and evo III or VI I just havnt decided....and probably wont for about 4 months anyway

will be great to see how you go.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, I have always loved the shape of the III ... Best kit, best shape I think ... But JMO...

I didn't like the IV's and up with the big spot lights ... I think the next best shape was the VII or VIII .. ... IX is pretty nice too, and I do love the X ...

The other thing that sealed the III for me was that I already had the engine.. IV and up the engine was around the other way (with gearbox on the other side - I think), so yeah it was an easy choice....

I was really over this car, and the time it was taking... Then when I took it for a drive I was in love.. It was a good 10 months after the build date before I drove it.. And I was really thinking of selling it before I got it sprayed... Was ready to cut my losses... But yeah, am so glad I have continued ...
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

it looks like you've done a lot of work on it in the amount of time you've had it.

i love it. :D
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

that is very nice, always had a soft spot for the older 4 door lancers :)
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

Damn Good....Love it.. :salut:

show us the invoice... :hmm:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, the car has been totally rebuilt ... Engine, box, driveline ... The car was taken back to bare metal (the previous paint job would scratch off with you finger nail in some places), so I know this paint is going to last... The shame is that the car will pretty much just spend its time locked away in the garage... With how much she has cost, I am starting to worry about putting it on the streets...

Here are the pics of the Interior that I put in her ...

And the steering wheel I chose ...

The shifknob is the same kind of blue as the wheel ... Momo specials ... I have always had a Momo wheel on all my cars ... (well except the Sonata as I couldn't get an airbag one)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

So with the colour of the interior, and all the Momo products, that is why I wanted to keep the blue theme... The interior was a straight bolt in with the only exception being the front passenger seat... I just needed to widen the eye hole for the bolt to make it fit on totally straight ... All the rest went in with next to no problems, and looks at home... You would think it was the stock interior....

The funny thing was, another guy got Evo VI interior, and put it in his GSR lancer, but there were some gaps around the wheel arch on the rear seat ... Mine fits like a glove... :?:
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

nooooooo the multi colour car!!!! bring it back!!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

lol... United Colours of Benneton ... lol ... I can always change it back at a later stage if I get board of Electric Blue Pearl .... :lol:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Car is slowly getting there ...

This is just the stock Evo III front bar by the way ... This is why I love this car ...

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Damn thats looking F'en mean!!! what kw's you aiming for?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Well, before I added the new cams (HKS 272's) and some other little things, the car was putting out 238.1kw @ the front wheels of my Sonata...

That was running 20psi, and the car couldn't take the power ... When this engine has been running 7-10psi, it already felt like it was putting out 200wk's ... The engine has been rebuilt, all forged internals, and should be able to take over 25psi ...

She is running a Garrett GT30, but I don't really know what she is capable of just yet ...