i just bought a 450hp twin turbo Porche

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

alekazam
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

i just bought a 450hp twin turbo Porche

Post by alekazam »

well its done we haded a cheque for $57000 for this beauty
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... =&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294963765 4294963552 4294927744&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=32&__sid=131443BEDAD5

we were going to by a 911 but our little girl's not so little anymore and had an objection to the size of the 911 back seat
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Re: i just bought a 450hp twin turbo Porche

Post by SchumieFan »

ew
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

;)
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

it's great everyone think they're ugly they'd probably be heaps more $$
plus heaps of cool body kits for it

SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

they are a great car, stupidly complicated to start though!

but i just wish it wasnt a porsche... kinda like how you feel in a FTO pulling up next to an EVO
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

SchumieFan wrote:
but i just wish it wasnt a porsche... kinda like how you feel in a FTO pulling up next to an EVO
I COULDNT of said it better myself - although I do like the carbon fiber and the splash of orange (although i woulda picked a different color myself)
Going to be expensive as all f**k to mod though - but if you have the money to buy you have the money to mod :lol:

IMO though for 57k i would have been able to purchase 3/4 of a '11 GTR, (or a 2nd hand '09) or a '11 STI - but thats my choices and this car im sure will treat ya right ;)

Congrats on the purchase and im sure the car will go even faster, now that your wallet isn't weighing the car down :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

Thanks for the replies guys... I kinda don't get what you're saying, I'm only guessing but I think you're saying it's not a real Porche compared to a 911 or something like that? In fact I was going to buy a 911 996 until I saw this video....

...and as far as mods go: most of the high performance aftermarket stuff I would have spent money on with a 'normal' car is already there. I was going to spend my money on supercharging the FTO but after reading a few threads and meeting so many who've trod the path already, it just made sense to get a car with it already in place. The thing is, if I do want to mod it, absolutely ANYTHING you can imagine doing to these cars, not only has it already been done, but you can buy it all off the shelf. I can drive this into the Porche dealership tomorrow and pick it up a week later with 750hp.

And for all those people who think the Cayenne Turbo isn't a real 'Porche' here's just a few cars that the it beats around the Nurbergring...

7:56 Porsche 996 Turbo
7:56 Ferrari 360 CS
7:56 Chevrolet Corvette C5Z06 ’02-’04
7:56 Porsche Panamera Sport Chrono Turbo
7:56 Porsche Panamera Turbo
7:56 Porsche 996 GT3 early
7:56 Honda NSX-R
7:58 Audi RS4 (B7)
7:59 Chevrolet Corvette C6
7:59 Porsche 997 Carrera S
8:01 Bugatti EB 110 SS
8:01 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
8:01 Audi R8
8:01 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
8:02 Aston Martin DBS
8:03 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
8:03 Honda NSX-R (3.0)
8:04 Lamborghini Diablo GT
8:05 Ferrari 575 Maranello
8:06 Porsche Cayman S
8:06 Mercedes SL 55 AMG
8:06 Caterham Superlight R
8:07 Ferrari 550 Maranello
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Haha, I don't know about others but I just dont like Porsche in general. Laziest designers on earth on some of the ugliest cars on earth.
I'm just saying for that amount of money is prefer a lot of other cars over a Porsche.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

This actually has me thinking about one... :lol:

But not just at the moment... Let me know how you go with servicing... Would like to know how expensive it is.. And general running costs..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

I gotta say that's a sweet ride. Could I perhaps sit in the drivers side seat pull an angry face like I look like a gangster flex my arm whilst placing my arm on steering wheel take a photo then put on my Facebook?
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

I hear you about lazy styling Taz.. the upshot of that is they hold their value really well.

Servicing at Porche is $800/year, with a major every 4 years which is $1,200. You get 24hr Porche roadside assist.
The biggest shock was when I try to buy after market wheels and watch the salesman's eyes glaze over while he makes up prices. One place had the wheels I wanted listed on their site for $3,400.. when he saw me get out of the P he gave me a big smile and quoted me $6,400... I couldn't believe the jump so I scoffed at him and went to another place... the next guy quoted $8,200 for the same wheels!!! I RANG the first guy later that day and asked for the same wheels to fit a Ford Territory... $3,400, unbelievable! I don't get the mindset of these douchebags.. neither of them are going to get a sale from me now: the misconception that people with money are dumb with money?! Doesn't add up.
FTOATH
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOATH »

Screw that. In the end it's all a about money. Can't trust the salesman anymore.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

hmmmm, does nothing for me though. IMO you can get something that looks like a 4WD and does a better job offroad much cheaper if thats what you need and something that behaves like a sportscar that looks much better. Just my opinion though. Having owned a legnum because I really needed a 4WD but wanted performance to go with it was one of the worst mistakes I have made. Was a good car, but certainly didnt suit my needs. This seems to me to be a bit like that. That is not to say that it doesnt suit what you need down to the ground, just that I dont get it.

On another note, this would have to use a HEAP of fuel wouldnt it.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

dstocks wrote:hmmmm, does nothing for me though. IMO you can get something that looks like a 4WD and does a better job offroad much cheaper if thats what you need and something that behaves like a sportscar that looks much better. Just my opinion though. Having owned a legnum because I really needed a 4WD but wanted performance to go with it was one of the worst mistakes I have made. Was a good car, but certainly didnt suit my needs. This seems to me to be a bit like that. That is not to say that it doesnt suit what you need down to the ground, just that I dont get it.

On another note, this would have to use a HEAP of fuel wouldnt it.
    About 14ltr per 100 k's ... So pretty much like a standard V8 .. I think ...

I remember my Evo using about 11ltr per 100 ....

I have seen them test this car off road, and it actually went well ... From what I remember...
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    alekazam
    Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

this is the transsyberia one of the most difficult rallies in the world
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

^

That is what I am talking about ... So yeah, goes just as hard...
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Well there you go. Surprising. Ive learnet something (not unusual). These sort of vehicles are usually pretenders. Thought the fuel economy would be worse too.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, they are a good unit...

Not sure if the fuel economy was highway or city driving though ...
      alekazam
      Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

Not sure about the fuel ecconomy, it's a lot less than the fto.. but I've been trying for the last week to get it wide open throttle (keep hitting the speed limit too soon;( I'd say that's ripping through it a bit. It's got 100L tank and I've filled up twice this week! I'll settle down eventually I'm sure.
      I've heard you can putter about in sixth gear and never get over 1000rpm. But I find myself slowing down for green traffic lights hoping they'll turn red and I can launch off the line.. so lame.

BTW 25 of the 38 entries into the last Trans-Syberian rally were Cayenne's which is prob. spoiling the rally a bit.. too much of the same.

I forgot to mention, I got max cred. for finally getting a car that the Misses can pretend to be a 'soccor mum' in...
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

alekazam wrote:I forgot to mention, I got max cred. for finally getting a car that the Misses can pretend to be a 'soccor mum' in...
      :lol:

Im not a fan of them either, but thats not just the Porsche, its Australias obsession with these pointlessly large, arrogantly driven, urban assault vehicles (see my previous rant regard BMW X5 drivers being the rudest c**ts on the road :lol: ) but I've seen a number of reviews of these things & fully haul ass.

They out rate actual heratige 4WDs like Land Cruisers & Rangies every time!