Mitsubishi Magna...

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Carbon Polluter
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mitsubishi Magna...

Post by Carbon Polluter »

So, one of my mates is telling me he's getting a Ralli-art Magna, rated at 180fwkw from a 3.5L V6.. my question is, would it be quicker than a Mivec FTO? He thinks my '97 GPX won't stand a chance... any takers?
Cheers, Jake.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Mitsubishi Magna...

Post by PHIL069 »

"Any takers?".........ME :twisted:
When are we all going to the drag strip?
I will have a race against him as well, schooner and nachos for the winner, I'm thirsty and hungry :lol:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Carbon Polluter
Apprentice

Haha sounds good to me Phil! Have to show him what MIVEC can do :twisted:
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

ooo we should have an eastern creek drag way event haha
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

gpx000 wrote:ooo we should have an eastern creek drag way event haha
8O What?........Are you just going to run in your lane? I hope you got good shoes :lol: You can tie the front strut bar to your back :idea:
:lol: :lol: (just joking gpx000)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

He'd most probably take you in a straight line if you have no mods (if you have a tip, thats even more likely). I had a VRX Magna and it had pretty good accelleration off the mark. Around the corners is another matter though.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Astron_Boy
    Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Straight line Magna would win.

Corners... Be a fair game depending on the drivers and handling setup, if we're talking full factory, the FTO would handle better.
    payaya
    Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

The 3.5L V6 in the magna is so crap. Compared to a comparable year FTO the 6a12 is way better at not showing it's age. I get a lot of Magnas up to roadworthy spec for a finance company and you never find one without a stuffed/leaking engine. I think out of 30 I have looked at I reckon 29 of them were leaking from the rocker covers. Rocker bolts come loose to the point you can undo the bolt with ya fingers! Most were rough as guts and very noisy.
    Carbon Polluter
    Apprentice

dstocks wrote:I had a VRX Magna and it had pretty good accelleration off the mark. Around the corners is another matter though.
    And that's why I love the FTO :twisted:
    payaya wrote:The 3.5L V6 in the magna is so crap
    Yeah, but apparently this is some special version of the normal Magna engine that has been 'tuned' by Ralli Art, It would surely be one of the quickest cars a P plater could legally drive.
    phi-tec
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

get a ralliart sticker and pop it on your car and scare him :P
    You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
    adzski
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

I reckon the FTO will win, myn ate a r33 for breakfast and its not mivec but its got mods but still FTO FTW
    phi-tec
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

adzski wrote:I reckon the FTO will win, myn ate a r33 for breakfast and its not mivec but its got mods but still FTO FTW
    r33s are nothing, was most likely non turbo.. friend has r34 with rb26.. no sh*t a camry v6 would beat them
    You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
    adzski
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Yeh would of been a N/A for sure, if it was turbo would of left me in the dust
    phi-tec
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

adzski wrote:Yeh would of been a N/A for sure, if it was turbo would of left me in the dust
    shouldn't be racing mate!
    Carbon Polluter
    Apprentice

phi-tec wrote:get a ralliart sticker and pop it on your car and scare him :P
    :lol:
    adzski wrote:I reckon the FTO will win
    Only one way to find out!
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

phi-tec wrote:
    adzski wrote:I reckon the FTO will win, myn ate a r33 for breakfast and its not mivec but its got mods but still FTO FTW
    r33s are nothing, was most likely non turbo.. friend has r34 with rb26.. no sh*t a camry v6 would beat them
    Hope your referring to the NA R33 being beaten by a camry v6, as an RB26 would sh*t all over a camry and an FTO
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
    phi-tec
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Taz wrote:
    phi-tec wrote:
    Hope your referring to the NA R33 being beaten by a camry v6, as an RB26 would sh*t all over a camry and an FTO
    Lol ? Next time your free I'l get my mates rb 26 4 door skyline around. My FTO beat it by lengths and it's tip lol
    fraz91
    Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

phi-tec wrote:
    Taz wrote:
    phi-tec wrote:
    Lol ? Next time your free I'l get my mates rb 26 4 door Big Ugly Soap Box Racer around. My FTO beat it by lengths and it's tip lol
    The RB26 only came out in a turbo variant, more than likely your mate has a Neo RB25.
    I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
    1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
    2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
    3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
    4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
    5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
    6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
    7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
    8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
    Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
    Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
    Nacho
    Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Carbon Polluter wrote:So, one of my mates is telling me he's getting a Ralli-art Magna, rated at 180fwkw from a 3.5L V6.. my question is, would it be quicker than a Mivec FTO? He thinks my '97 GPX won't stand a chance... any takers?
    Cheers, Jake.
    180kW was the production figure. Doubt that's measured from the wheels.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
    Kustom
    Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

fraz91 wrote:
    phi-tec wrote:
    Taz wrote:
    phi-tec wrote:
    Lol ? Next time your free I'l get my mates rb 26 4 door Big Ugly Soap Box Racer around. My FTO beat it by lengths and it's tip lol
    The RB26 only came out in a turbo variant, more than likely your mate has a Neo RB25.
    Not true, RB26 came out NA. Rare as f**k though! They came in the Autech RB26 N/A 4 door HNR32 Sky.line.
    Pretty sure something rediculous like only 5 made or something... so he would have meant an RB25 for sure lol. No way an FTO could beat a GTR.

Taz wrote:When funds allow