What would u chose and why

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ZFL45H1
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What would u chose and why

Post by ZFL45H1 »

One day down the track I'm goin to get a new car as well as keeping the Fto but of u guys could out of these car what would u chose and why
Supra
33gtr
Rx7
Rx8
Cheers for input guys
gotta get there one day :)
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Re: What would you chose and why

Post by Astron_Boy »

I thought you were selling the FTO... :scratch:

Anyway. FD RX7. Reason: The design, noise and power. *ignore the faulty engine* :lol:
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

Much as I hate to say it, I'd go the 33gtr.

Reason: AWD. Believe me when I say that once you've driven a car with AWD hard, you never go back. RWD cars are fun for burnouts and sick drifties, but when you really need to get the power down and make the b@stard move, they are too much of a handful IMO, especially when worked. At least the gtr can be worked hard and still be quite driveable (when worked correctly).
I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

maybe a bit more info will help like is it a daily drive? are you gonna bring it down the track, is budget on fixing the car a concern, fuel consumption etc :)

R33 GTR
Reasons. AWD, a lot of aftermarket support, if done correctly it will be a beast, been in one and over taking on the road (motorway especially) is like cutting soft butter, RB has good reputation about engine reliability

Rx7 FD (second choice)
Looks awesome, like Astron boy said sound good. good after market support as well, Handles better than R33 IMO (50/50 weight distribution)
But very heavy on fuel and oil, Wankel tech is also a bit of a hassle so you need to pay a fair bit for stuffs you can't fix, 13B isn't that reliable IMO

Sorry can't comment on Rx8, never really driven one, Supra...too many hoons own a supra (no offence to anyone)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Astron_Boy wrote:I thought you were selling the FTO... :scratch:

Anyway. FD RX7. Reason: The design, noise and power. *ignore the faulty engine* :lol:
I second this. I've already planned that my FTO's partner in crime will one day be an RX7. One of my fave imports! ^_^
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

What would you chose and why

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I was/am I went through a phase that I wanted to but now I don't I just don't wanna take it off carsales yet just see what offers I get and stuff lol.
but it will be prob a weekend car/ track sometimes I do love the rx7 though I would toss up between rx7 and gtr
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

fraz91 wrote:Believe me when I say that once you've driven a car with AWD hard, you never go back. RWD cars are fun for burnouts and sick drifties, but when you really need to get the power down and make the b@stard move, they are too much of a handful IMO, especially when worked. At least the gtr can be worked hard and still be quite driveable (when worked correctly).
Difference of opinion.
Whether the GTR is any different, but all moderns cars feel the same to me.

I would much rather have a blown 427 in an American tank with barely capable steering, than an R33 with the computers doing the work for you.

There is no better feeling than having yourself do the work to tame the beast than simply have witchcraft do it for you.

As much as I liked the on tap power from the WRX I had for a while, it simply wasn't me. And there are others that would agree.

From the list the RX7 i'd say is the most of a handful and fun, simply as it does have power, is nimble and doesn't have a whole lot of computer gear to make the car drive itself.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I'm thinking this 200rwkw but to start with since I have only ever driven a fwd car I may want to start with standard power to start with lol I could kill myself and I don't want to be part of statistics
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Just don't drive stupid, and start small.
If you want to learn how to drive it, do a course!

But yes, I'd drive that! :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Looks nice aye yeah I would do a few courses like advance drivers course and drift course as well I did a advance drivers course at eastern creek was well worth it
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

sounds like you already have a preference. they are good car nevertheless. just a little dear on maintenance and fuel.
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

Astron_Boy wrote:
fraz91 wrote:Believe me when I say that once you've driven a car with AWD hard, you never go back. RWD cars are fun for burnouts and sick drifties, but when you really need to get the power down and make the b@stard move, they are too much of a handful IMO, especially when worked. At least the gtr can be worked hard and still be quite driveable (when worked correctly).
Difference of opinion.
Whether the GTR is any different, but all moderns cars feel the same to me.

I would much rather have a blown 427 in an American tank with barely capable steering, than an R33 with the computers doing the work for you.

There is no better feeling than having yourself do the work to tame the beast than simply have witchcraft do it for you.

As much as I liked the on tap power from the WRX I had for a while, it simply wasn't me. And there are others that would agree.

From the list the RX7 i'd say is the most of a handful and fun, simply as it does have power, is nimble and doesn't have a whole lot of computer gear to make the car drive itself.
Couldn't agree with you more about "driving" the car, not being driven.

That being said, I've driven all three variants and can't recommend the AWD more. If you're wanting big power and stupid speed, then you can't go past that extra grip and ability offered from the AWD. Plus it's fun to be able to spin all 4 wheels off the line :lol:

The FD RX7 would be my second choice from that list, followed by the Supra. RWD is a lot of fun, but you have to be very careful with it. As Astron said, start small and work your way up. A standard FD RX7 will be more than enough to get you out of shape quickly if you don't act properly. Drift and Advanced Drivers courses are fantastic in that they take you to the limits of the car and beyond, teaching you how to control a vehicle when there's no control to be had (oxymoron, I know).

until then:
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Well then.
Dare we say.
/thread? :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

yeah ATM that where I'm at but I always change my mind just thought id throw it out there and get everyone's opinion cheers guys
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Yeah FD RX7 for sure
Supras are too mainstream lol
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

Sahin wrote:Supras are too mainstream lol
And too common. Every man and his dogs left testicle has one.

until then:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Looks like I my end up with the FD rx7 most vote less common and lets face it if u want a car that's fun y worry bout the price of petrol lol
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

i got an rx 8 after getting my fto written off, and i just heard that maintenance is a bitch but i dno yet since ive only had the car for 2 weeks.

also its a rotary you have to rebuild it every 100k's (if the engine lasts that long)

but i would say rx-7 :)
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

gpx000 wrote:i got an rx 8 after getting my fto written off, and i just heard that maintenance is a bitch but i dno yet since ive only had the car for 2 weeks.

also its a rotary you have to rebuild it every 100k's (if the engine lasts that long)

Pics?
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

bass_twitch wrote:
gpx000 wrote:i got an rx 8 after getting my fto written off, and i just heard that maintenance is a bitch but i dno yet since ive only had the car for 2 weeks.

Pics?
or ban.