Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

User avatar
c3rbera
Mechanic
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 pm
Location: Adelaide
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by c3rbera » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am

Whatever happened to this in the end... :?: :)
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 am

Slow work in progress, but will debut at Bathurst one way or another 8)

User avatar
destinationtoby
Broke it
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: mid north coast
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by destinationtoby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Have u done this to it yet :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!

User avatar
kiz
SA Coordinator
Posts: 2175
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by kiz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I like how the guy in the red and black shirt is like "the wife's going to f%$king kill me"
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)

User avatar
BorepYano
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Brisbane
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by BorepYano » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 pm

destinationtoby wrote:Have u done this to it yet :D
Has he turned it into a Celica yet? :lol:
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia

User avatar
destinationtoby
Broke it
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: mid north coast
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by destinationtoby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:47 pm

It's a supra lol
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!

User avatar
BorepYano
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Brisbane
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by BorepYano » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 pm

destinationtoby wrote:It's a supra lol
oic a mark III
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia

User avatar
destinationtoby
Broke it
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: mid north coast
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by destinationtoby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Also Shane's old race car before the fto :lol:
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 am

Now you're definitely getting bashed :lol:

That was my first race weekend at Mt Panorama. I still went home smiling.

Raced every Easter since then in the FTO, 5 years straight, sadly not going to make it to Bathurst this year though. 300ZX build is still progressing albeit a little slow re finances and time. Will probably debut mid year now at SMSP.

User avatar
Daniel2019
Oldtimer
Posts: 7954
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm
Location: Sydney!
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Daniel2019 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 am

Ahhhh spewing!

When my car is done and run in (never) you have to come with me on it's first track day :D
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.

User avatar
Technikhaus
Oldtimer
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 pm
Location: Dunedin - NZ
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Technikhaus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:19 am

knowing Joab, it is probably actually a celica now.... haha
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '92 Legacy GX (Daily)
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 pm

kiz wrote:I like how the guy in the red and black shirt is like "the wife's going to f%$king kill me"
Nah he was feeling the pain. Their car (that he crews for) was also destroyed that weekend. Brand new build, VL Commodore LS1 Chev (from memory)

User avatar
Lawso
Penis Fingers
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Coogee, Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Lawso » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Shane001 wrote:Now you're definitely getting bashed :lol:

That was my first race weekend at Mt Panorama. I still went home smiling.

Raced every Easter since then in the FTO, 5 years straight, sadly not going to make it to Bathurst this year though. 300ZX build is still progressing albeit a little slow re finances and time. Will probably debut mid year now at SMSP.
Does this mean you can come bonfire this year? ;)
Image

User avatar
destinationtoby
Broke it
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: mid north coast
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by destinationtoby » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Please do :lol:
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Lawso wrote:
Shane001 wrote:Now you're definitely getting bashed :lol:

That was my first race weekend at Mt Panorama. I still went home smiling.

Raced every Easter since then in the FTO, 5 years straight, sadly not going to make it to Bathurst this year though. 300ZX build is still progressing albeit a little slow re finances and time. Will probably debut mid year now at SMSP.
Does this mean you can come bonfire this year? ;)
If it's at Easter I'll likely still be at Bathurst, just not racing this year :(

User avatar
bjk
Totes
Posts: 5426
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Adelaide
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by bjk » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Bump. :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Slowly making progress. Latest update here;
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332129
Will be racing this year but sadly will miss Bathurst again.

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

More progress. Much more successful track day this time.


Grrr, don't know why that didn't work? Link here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Nx5p4CbkY

More info here;
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333142

User avatar
Daniel2019
Oldtimer
Posts: 7954
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm
Location: Sydney!
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Daniel2019 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm

f**k yes.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.

User avatar
Shane001
Oldtimer
Posts: 2730
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:
Re: Shane's new Turbo RaceCar Project

Post by Shane001 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 am

Update. Finally finished the roll cage and got her log booked with CAMS.

Still got heaps to do but have entered Bathurst at Easter so will be debuting the car at Mount Panorama 8)

Also started a build thread, sort of...
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336600

:D


Post Reply