Toyota 86

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Toyota 86

Post by Astron_Boy »

Getting in and out isn't the issue, just the ride in general (dirty cheeky smile spreading)

The BRZ is still a firm ride, but the seats are more padded and have the firmer rubber (newer car factor) than the FTO.

The FTO I feel like I'm riding on the chassis floor all the time with little to no padding, the BRZ I felt propped up and as if I were sitting on the generic Subaru sports seats, nothing magic, felt vague, but supported you well.

Having said that, when I owned the WRX, I absolutely hated that car and quickly got rid of it, so I think the BRZ would fall the same..... however the BRZ isn't turbo, so... I don't know.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Hard (the euphemism continues) for me to comment on the difference as I have been on coilovers with smurfy.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Our FTO has dead shocks, so that doesn't help. :lol: :lol: :lol:
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

Astron_Boy wrote: Having said that, when I owned the WRX, I absolutely hated that car and quickly got rid of it
Hmm what happened there? What was it like..?

Really interesting read btw Phil, I've been wondering about 86/BRZ a lot lately, you see them everywhere! They were intended to be modded half to death from what I remember, it would be cool to experience a properly done car for sure, sounds like its got potential.

Half agree about the Legnum, what I found is that the handling is insane but you go through a corner and all the feeling of it is removed. VR4's got power but the effy is way more raw,more fun in its own way. :)
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Makes a 6A13 FTO seem all the more appealing, haha. Although I'm thinking of going through Bennoz' thread and making a list of all the additional things and modifications he had to do.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

bjk wrote:Makes a 6A13 FTO seem all the more appealing, haha. Although I'm thinking of going through Bennoz' thread and making a list of all the additional things and modifications he had to do.
If I'm correct, Aza and Shane are faster around Wakefield than Bennoz. Although Ben has wound up the boost a fair bit so it would be difficult to get all the power down and get through a corner without understeering into a wall.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Huh, interesting though not entirely surprising. RPW does have a forged engine for sale though.. :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

c3rbera wrote:
Astron_Boy wrote: Having said that, when I owned the WRX, I absolutely hated that car and quickly got rid of it
Hmm what happened there? What was it like..?
Mostly personal factor.
I felt disconnected from the car.

All my previous cars were from the 60s and 80s where everything is mechanical and made mostly of metal.

The WRX was just plastic fantastic, felt budget, but had a price tag because of its heritage.

Hated the turbo factor and drive.

Didn't feel like I did any of it, was simply there for the ride.

I prefer cars where you can feel a shift happening, or feel the engine lose power, but then shift to go faster.

Again, personal factor, the car for what it was, is solid. Just not to my taste.
I'd enjoy the 97 model more over the 03 I had.

* Was the first 'new' car I had, and from that was put off 'new' cars.
I prefer metal over tin cans or plastic bottles.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Daniel2019 wrote:
bjk wrote:Makes a 6A13 FTO seem all the more appealing, haha. Although I'm thinking of going through Bennoz' thread and making a list of all the additional things and modifications he had to do.
If I'm correct, Aza and Shane are faster around Wakefield than Bennoz. Although Ben has wound up the boost a fair bit so it would be difficult to get all the power down and get through a corner without understeering into a wall.
More to do with the 5 laps it takes to get the brakes & tyres up to temp, I then start overheating. Only done Wakefeild twice since engine conversion was done, had to readjust all braking points & totally relearn the track. Bit difficult to do when you only get short stints.
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Bennoz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
More to do with the 5 laps it takes to get the brakes & tyres up to temp, I then start overheating. Only done Wakefeild twice since engine conversion was done, had to readjust all braking points & totally relearn the track. Bit difficult to do when you only get short stints.
Excuses excuses
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Does the overheating only happen on the track?