Suzuki Swift Sport Track Car

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mezje
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Suzuki Swift Sport Track Car

Post by mezje »

Well the opportunity came up to own a swift sport for a stupidly low price ($900, repairable write off, minor front end damage). My partner has one and has a load of spares so we pulled the trigger.

Plans are pretty much to just gut it, chuck some good brakes and suspension in and smash some laps. My last 2 track days I have enjoyed a lot but I love the FTO and really don't want to break it on track. The more confident I am becoming the more I am pushing the car and don't want the stress of having to find something to tow it home and fix it up.

These things are pretty underrated and handle amazingly well. The little 1.6L in the sport is very reliable and not that bad considering how light these things are. If you look at videos from the swift racing series Shannon's had a few years back and some of the best motoring videos from Japan these cars compete with some serious turbo cars. There is always someone faster than you on track, improving myself as a driver on track and improving my times is all I really want to do.

Thankfully we also have a great source for parts across the pond in NZ, plenty of stuff around for these from Japan and it is all stupid cheap!

So far we have done the following
  • Removed all unnecessary interior pieces.
  • Cut lower half of dash out
  • Cusco rear strut brace
  • Cusco underbody rear solid brace
  • Buddy Club P1s w/AD08R's
Parts acquired waiting to be installed
  • Front strut brace
  • Tryforce center gauge pod w/oil temp, oil pressure and water temp gauges
  • Tryforce adjustable pillow ball upper strut mount (to adjust camber @ front)
  • Upgraded Cusco Front sway bar
  • Tryforce track pads
To do...
  • Coilovers
  • Replace front windscreen
  • Bin the AC system
  • Replace stock bumper w/sport bumper
  • Fix minor front end damage
Pics of progress