New Lexus IS250 (Mega long review)

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New Lexus IS250 (Mega long review)

Post by FTO338 »

Well some of you might already read the review i've done for other forum, but I thought I post it up here, so we can have a yak too. It is a bit of different to the one I wrote in the other forums :D

Its going to be long so i'm going to break it down from my impression before it was launch, & the test drove i did.

Enjoy :wink:

IS250 offically launch at the the 8th Nov, I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch & a test drive on the 13th Nov.

Is an all new alloy V6 2.5L, from memory is 158kw & 260Nm

I know these are just some of the feature you won't get in 3 series & C Class.

*6-speed automatic transmission with paddle-shift gear change
*10 airbags as standard, including first-in-segment double knee airbag
*Radar-controlled Pre-crash Safety System (PCS) which featured in Beyond Tomorrow with a S-Class
*Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
*Intelligent Adaptive Front Lighting System (I-AFS)
*Adaptive Speedo (Where it change colour according to speed)
*Complete Keyless entry & engine start. (You can have your keys in your pocket & still start & stop the engine)
*Mark Levinson 300w 7.1 Channal audio system with 14 Speakers power by 10-channel amplifier.

On the note with the airbags, Lexus is the only brand have the Twin-chamber for the passenger & the side curtain airbag is from the chair & not from the door.

With the twin chamber, it will minimise the impact on your face, so you won't end up with a broken nose or bruised face. And the reason for the side curtain airbags from the edge of seats are because it won't impact on the passenger's rip, & causes minor damage, which you can get the door's release version.

The Mark Levinson system included a double din Sat/Nav, which plays mp3, dvd, & also control all your phone stuff with a in build bluetooth car kit. So you really just jump into your car & everything is hooked up. It also a 6 Disc DVD stacker for the Aussie spec, while the Jap & U.S get the internal Hard Drive.

The Sat/Nav also tell you the closest restaurant with info like menu & average cost of a meal....etc & you can just press the dial button & it will call up that restaurant via the bluetooth car kit. I know on the RX330 it comes with a revise camera, but i'm not sure about the IS250. I'll find out this sunday hehehee :lol:

Last edited by FTO338 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well the test drive was good, the car was better then I was expected, one of my mate went with me as well, & he bought along his brand new E90 320i. He feels embarrassed after the demo & test drive. So funny.

The IS250 have so much features, lots of them are not even listed in their website & broaches, & the quality finish is better then the E90 3 series, as we park them side by side to compare.

The aggressive look in real life is certainly a match to the E90, the drive is exceptional as it got 6 Speed automatic with F1 paddle shift behind the steering wheel & your normal gear tip shift. It will shift the gear without delay, & it also hold the gear at redline. I would say the power feel similar to my FTO on the road, & the handling too, but without my bum feeling every lumps & bums on the road.

I took it to some of the worst Rd I know in the area, & I just can't feel them. Even with my Bora, I can still feel a bit of roughness on the same road, & the IS250 was riding on 18" and 40 profiles tyres. So on the luxso pack which comes with 17" & 45 profiles would run heaps better.

The sat/nav does everything like the RX, GS & LS model, & it also now feature a radar detection which give you a 3D view of where your car going to be on the touch screen when you revise parking your car.

Overall the interior is what a entry level “prestigeâ€
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You should apply for a job with wheels mag Kev :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ahahhah thats what everybody said, as I've done a lot of review in different forums, but i type Chingrish :( So only you guys will understand it ahhahahaa
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

yeah, its ironic how yr mrss is a english teacher as well! :lol: LEARN ENGLISH BRO! :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Actually i was a kindergarden teacher, so my standard is good enough for your kids :twisted:

BigKev "Spreading the love of Chingrish to your next generation" :lol: