Hondas..

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Hobbsie
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hondas..

Post by Hobbsie »

just wondering how VTEC YO!!!!! integras/preludes measure up to FTO for those who have driven both?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol

Sorry Im in one of those moods :lol:
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

I've driven a mates prelude, it sorta felt like it had more bottom end but it was a 2.2 litre, but his old prelude which he sold to his sister which was a non-VTEC YO!!!!!, that could out corner any car with its 4WS but my liberty used to beat it at the drags.
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

Integras go hard,pretty much neck and neck with an fto...going from past experiences
FTO-279
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Rocco wrote:Integras go hard,pretty much neck and neck with an fto...going from past experiences
Only DC2, it'll be even, so even you'll be shocked at how evenly matched the cars are, until u hit 4th gear - around the 110-120 mark, as soon as i step on that clutch and push it in forth, the integra will have no chance in hell to catch up to you.

if its a dc5r then don't even bother racing it, no chance :x

but u no I've always wondered how Ben will fair against a dc5r .. i wanna no dammit!! :evil:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
FTO-101
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

the DC2 is actually quicker than a DC5 stock
FTO-101
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO-101 »

DC2 0-100 6.79 DC5 0-100 6.97

DC2 0-400m 14.88 DC5 0-400m 14.99

well not much quicker but still quicker
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I'm not talkin about a type R btw, type R i wouldnt even bother racing in my FTO and loose face by getting ripped :P
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

A Type R DC5 overtook me with ease out on Wakefield.

His VTEC YO!!!!! probably kicked in.....yo. :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

yea well.. wait till your MIVEC kicks in y0! :lol:
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

sublime19 wrote:I'm not talkin about a type R btw, type R i wouldnt even bother racing in my FTO and loose face by getting ripped :P
a stock version r fto does ok.

ive seen a jap motor vid of a intrega, vs n/a wrx, vs fto, vs celica.. .and was the order which they finished in and lead really the whole race in.. though there was a fat guy in the fto i believe, so , you know, ... i dont know where im going with this

4 wheel steer preludes are damn good handling cars....
for comparison I know of one that could do a 'particular' corner 'at' 80kph. stock and on snow tyres my fto could do 72, add a lsd and it went up to 77, add new road tyres (still stock profile on 16s) and it went up to ~80, add suspension finally and it went up to ~85.. not sure how much the 'ludes weigh though.
DeFunkeD
Apprentice
Location: Tha Riff *tries to make gangsta style "W" with hand*

Post by DeFunkeD »

SG wrote:
sublime19 wrote:I'm not talkin about a type R btw, type R i wouldnt even bother racing in my FTO and loose face by getting ripped :P
a stock version r fto does ok.

ive seen a jap motor vid of a intrega, vs n/a wrx, vs fto, vs celica.. .and was the order which they finished in and lead really the whole race in.. though there was a fat guy in the fto i believe, so , you know, ... i dont know where im going with this

4 wheel steer preludes are damn good handling cars....
for comparison I know of one that could do a 'particular' corner 'at' 80kph. stock and on snow tyres my fto could do 72, add a lsd and it went up to 77, add new road tyres (still stock profile on 16s) and it went up to ~80, add suspension finally and it went up to ~85.. not sure how much the 'ludes weigh though.
i had an 89 prelude with 4ws before i got the fto. didn't really have much guts, but steering was mad fun. not many people liked driving them in slalom tests though, the back tends to unsettle a bit when you're not used to it. but once you're used to it, yeah, much fun. main downside was no VTEC YO!!!!! :(
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

On those old 4WS preludes when you over taking on the high way, the rear wheels turn in the same direction as the front so it crab walks, when you turn the wheel more then the rear wheels will turn into the opposite direction, easy car to park aswell.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

being an owner of a DC5R now and having driven/driving a GPX MIVEC (still have it for sale :wink:), im sry to say, my DC5R rapes my FTO.

Mind you though... both cars have been modded, but the Honda has a few more toys :twisted:

However, because I cannot drive two cars at the same time, obviously I cannot do a head to head comparison :roll:
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

The DC5R also has a compression ratio of 11:1 and the fto 10:1, if the fto had 11:1 it would have a bit more power but also the DC5R has an LSD which would be very usefull.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

rnbboi wrote:being an owner of a DC5R now and having driven/driving a GPX MIVEC (still have it for sale :wink:), im sry to say, my DC5R rapes my FTO.

Mind you though... both cars have been modded, but the Honda has a few more toys :twisted:

However, because I cannot drive two cars at the same time, obviously I cannot do a head to head comparison :roll:
yep, no chance vs a dc5r, but then again, u gotta remember that FTOs are a hell of a lot older but still look a lot better :P
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

rnbboi wrote:being an owner of a DC5R now and having driven/driving a GPX MIVEC (still have it for sale :wink:), im sry to say, my DC5R rapes my FTO.

so where r the pics Ken?
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

as if no chance, sublime :x
just needa out-mod it ;)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

SG wrote:as if no chance, sublime :x
just needa out-mod it ;)
lol well honestly, the new integra R, if u had an modded to everything short of supercharging/turboing, i'm still not sure how the FTO will do, it'll probably keep up, or barely beat it, I want to know of the outcome though!

the fastest fto i can think of that's not turbo-ed is Ben's and he has special ralliart cams, which is a one off thing and nobody will ever get any other cams for the fto (if they do, then me and everybody else the club would sure wanna know!) along with all the other performance mods (downpipes, extractors, CAI etc) and I've actually asked him how he think he'd do against the type R and he doesnt know since he hasnt raced one.

I've driven my friend's integra and u really feel the VTEC YO!!!!! kick in hard!
and just imagine, even if u did have an fto modded enuf to get an edge on the dc5r, what if he's spent a small amount in mods? then we'll still have no chance :x
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread ... ight=Mivec

just thought ill post this up for those that dont mind reading a bit of crap mixed with some little facts.

at the end of the day, as long as u love your car, only that matters. :)