Hondas..

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by sublime19 »

well i honestly think if u beat the new type R then they guys must have been beyond just a regular noob (and since u lost to a dc2 = u noob!! :P )

but what jono said was tru, spend equal amount of money on both cars and then the story's different, there's no shame in admitting that the type R is faster than the fto, cos it is, it's just the fact.
but it'll be one of the few cars that's as old as it is now, but looks brand new (to someone who's never seen one before). StyLeZ..!!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Ju5tin
Apprentice

Post by Ju5tin »

sublime19 wrote:well i honestly think if u beat the new type R then they guys must have been beyond just a regular noob (and since u lost to a dc2 = u noob!! :P )
Perhaps. But in relation to people wondering if they could or should have a go against a Honda at the lights, it really just has to do with how much you're willing to thrash your car .. and also how well the guy next to you can shift gears too.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ju5tin wrote:I've just read this whole thread. The way I see it is this .. When you're comparing two cars with such similar specs, it ONLY depends on how well the driver can thrash the sh*t out of the car. I've caught up to a DC5 while he was killing it (with smoke blowing out the exhaust) and I've also been eaten alive by a DC2 VTiR!

So I really think it depends on the driver and the driver alone.
:D
I agree to what you said, but i do have to point out here is, if that DC5 is blowing smoke, that mean his either didn't tune the car properly or his got the wrong modifications. Which mean his car isn't running at full potenial. Anyway is it just a DC5 or DC5R?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

hmmmm 8) i think the reason for the smoke coming out of a DC5... may be due to "miss shifting" of the gears which sometimes happen even during races...

especially 3rd gear... it is easy to shift from 1st to 2nd but not from 2nd to 3rd... and when it happens, black smoke just blow out :x
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Never seen integra VTiR and GPX drag before. Thinking about:

GPX:6 cyclinders V6, VTiR: 4cyclinders Inline
GPX:MIVEC, VTiR: VTEC YO!!!!!
GPX:2L VTiR:1.8L
Personally VTiR should win which many agrees with me, but GPX looks way more cool! cheers!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ju5tin wrote: it really just has to do with how much you're willing to thrash your car
I think needs a tad bit of clarification.

Thrashing our car - in a serious race naturally you'd rev it to the point where you get the most power, then change gears. "Thrashing" it beyond that is just pointless.

And naturally your opponent will do the same, so it doesn't matter how bad you thrash it.
What does make a considerable difference though is your driving style, I agree with you there, HOWEVER this isn't sufficient enough to beat a Type R.
If you were talking about two cars which are very closely matched, but one has a better driver than the other then yes, it would make a big difference.

I love my FTO, and there's nothing wrong with admitting when another car is faster than mine.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

zuihoujueding wrote:Never seen integra VTiR and GPX drag before. Thinking about:

Personally VTiR should win which many agrees with me, but GPX looks way more cool! cheers!
newb you are incorrect, my friend has a vtir, he loses to the GPX by a car length or 2...

the VTiR is like 120kW and the GPX is 147kW
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

jonowong wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:Never seen integra VTiR and GPX drag before. Thinking about:

newb you are incorrect, my friend has a vtir, he loses to the GPX by a car length or 2...

i didnt even read this comment until jono commented on it and i agree, NOOB!!!!!
my friend has a vti-r and he'll never and he looses every time and even he admits it, and even when he bought it and first raced me he goes "i'll loose anyway but just wanna see how much by"
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Of course all this racing is taking place on legal race tracks isnt it.... :wink:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Bennoz wrote:Of course all this racing is taking place on legal race tracks isnt it.... :wink:
of course, where else would we race? on the streets? god.. I hope nobody's doing that!! Altho i do believe nobody in this club has ever done racing on the streets (don't really know if such a thing exists?)

yep.. sure do love going to the track every week :wink:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

sublime19 wrote:
jonowong wrote:

i didnt even read this comment until jono commented on it and i agree, NOOB!!!!!
my friend has a vti-r and he'll never and he looses every time and even he admits it, and even when he bought it and first raced me he goes "i'll loose anyway but just wanna see how much by"
i might be noob in this forum, well maybe your friend is a NOOB driver? :wink:
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

zuihoujueding wrote:
sublime19 wrote:
jonowong wrote:

dude... going in a straight line does not take very much skill...
DC2 Integra VTi-R
Released: Late 1993-1999
Engine: B18C: 1.8L DOHC VTEC YO!!!!!, 127kW@7300RPM
Torque: 173Nm@6200RPM
Weight: 1,176kg
FTO GR
Engine: 6A12 1998cc Quad Cam 24 valve V6, 127kw @ 6600rpm
Torque: 185nm @ 3800rpm
Weight: 1180 kg
need i say more?
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

yeah beside having a good start, fast shifting, shift at the right rpm, etc. it dosent takes much skill. but how often u get everything perfect?

anyway how about the 1.8L variant fto? yeah i should hve compare the 1.8L instead if the 2.0V6. now should be a fair game. :) how do they fare against the VTiR? since they r the same capacity.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

lols the 1.8L fto is slow... the vtir will kill it...
the 1.8L does like 90kW... its a lancer engine from what i remember...
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

really! from lancer? my god!
is it because it dosent have MIVEC?
90Kw you'r kidding right? thats as fast as my old sch 1.6L 1gen teg!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

zuihoujueding wrote:
Nah he's not a noob driver, and yea it doesnt take much skill going on a straight so I don't see how this would make much of a difference, especially since he's been driving manual longer than me.. in fact this guy was one of the people that taugh me how to drive manual.

You know I've proved it time after time that I'm not afraid to admit when my FTO is slower than another car, and I don't care much if it is so I honestly would not lie and wouldn't say that vti-r is slower than the fto until i knew it for sure, and I do know this for a fact which is why I'm saying it :D

And plus I don't have a GPX, but a manual GR.
Nothing wrong with admiting your vti-r is slower than the fto (if u own one that is), i'm not going to brag about it lol, but it's just a fact is all :wink:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

so much talk about driving, noobs and if the FTO can beat a...

ffs give it up already its been covered before.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

agreed.

I spose everybody have their own opinions, so i spose it don't really matter if zuihoujueding thinks one's faster than the other, think whatever you like :)

so.. how about that weather aye... :roll:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

yeah. i think GPX is a stunning looking car, but sad to know that many said its more of a 'show car' rather than a 'fast car'. i think GPX has both.
Nah, i dont own a VTiR, just an old 1st gen integra for me to cruise around. But im looking forward to get a faster NA car, so i narrow to a VTiR/GPX which is near my budget.

hmm...weather is pretty warm here at newcastle. how about your side dude!
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i like my friends vtir its a nice car, but i think abit over priced...
like my gpx better though haha