Hondas..

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by lawrencetlc »

sublime19 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Of course all this racing is taking place on legal race tracks isnt it.... :wink:
of course, where else would we race? on the streets? god.. I hope nobody's doing that!! Altho i do believe nobody in this club has ever done racing on the streets (don't really know if such a thing exists?)

yep.. sure do love going to the track every week :wink:
how do we enter a race track? and is there one in melbourne? how much and what we have to do to enter?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

lawrencetlc wrote:
sublime19 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Of course all this racing is taking place on legal race tracks isnt it.... :wink:
of course, where else would we race? on the streets? god.. I hope nobody's doing that!! Altho i do believe nobody in this club has ever done racing on the streets (don't really know if such a thing exists?)

yep.. sure do love going to the track every week :wink:
how do we enter a race track? and is there one in melbourne? how much and what we have to do to enter?
if a tree falls in a forest, and no one is there to hear it... it makes no noise...
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

haha, i got that! :twisted:
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

So when do we start on the topic that a 2JZ Supra can beat a V12 Ferrari? :lol:

Unless it's a "bit out of your price range pal!"
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

more about FTOs and less about Hondas
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well this had just become the offical Honda thread in its own sections :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Nacho wrote:So when do we start on the topic that a 2JZ Supra can beat a V12 Ferrari? :lol:

Unless it's a "bit out of your price range pal!"
heavily modded supra with a stock ferrari? isnt it unfair? lol
y jap cars have so much mods to do in order to match up with euro supercars? cant the japs just come up with a supercar?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

They did, the Honda NSX gave Ferrari and Lambo a mega hard time when it first came out. It even beat the Ferrari in Wheels mag compo in that year. :D

Stock NSX-Type R have faster 1/4 mile time then then R33 GTR. Its pretty good for a N/A car.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

And even better for a 3 litre V6 N/A car! :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

3.2L buddy :wink:
Dino_TKD

Post by Dino_TKD »

Just going back to a previous form i raced my friends DC2R with spoon filter and my manual fto gpx with intake and a charging kit and we were door to door until end of 3rd and i pulled away and he also had a jump on me cause it was a 60k rolling start and we started in second gear. I found it that the fto gears are longer( in manual i dont know about tip) i hear him change and im still in 3rd so maybe we have longer ratios and more torque in the mivec band lol so if someone asks then yes an fto has beat a type R
pain is temporary, pride is forever
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

well is it because of a VTEC YO!!!!! kick-in point and a mivec kick-in point is different?? if i am not mistaken (few years ago used to drive an integra for a year), a VTEC YO!!!!! kicks in when the rpm is 6.5k whereas mivec kicks in when its 5.5k right??
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

mivec is 5.8k...

the other thing is the fto has 2 more cylinders running at that much rpm. which would give it heaps more torque/pulling power
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

hey guys... we're a loser in terms of "comparing VTEC YO!!!!! and mivec" :lol:

here's a forum from honda and they have heaps more discussions in this.. and feel free to have a read there and sometimes u feel funny...

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21517

its a long 12 pages debate...
(feel quite relief that we only have 4 and i hope it wont go that long without any conclusion)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

All i can say is this topic been on since 1995, it started when the original MIVEC 1.6L in Lancer (JDM model) vs Civic VTiR (Also 1.6L), so its BORING. :roll: Who really gives a sh*t about whos beating who or whos better.

I was an Ozhonda member once along with members like Mill (FTOLUV) and few others, until someone hacked into it and have a side forum called Ozhondasux, which had lots of interested read. Since then i CBF rego again as that was the requirement. Most Mod there now are 20 or under. Perfect for UBER CREW :wink:

Both technology are great at the time it came out and now both are rice. Hows that :twisted:

The real loser in this debate are those keep goes on and on about it and not moving on to bigger and better things in life. :lol:
Last edited by FTO338 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

FTO338 wrote: The real loser in this debate are those keep goes on and on about it and not moving on to bigger and better things in life. :lol:
Yups, girls with double d's
lawrencetlc
Grease Monkey

Post by lawrencetlc »

FTO338 wrote:The real loser in this debate are those keep goes on and on about it and not moving on to bigger and better things in life. :lol:
yup!!

that's why, i said this
(feel quite relief that we only have 4 and i hope it wont go that long without any conclusion)
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

double d's are abit too big for a lad such as myself..
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Let's keep this going! :lol:

So which is better? The VTEC YO!!!!! or MIVEC? Any takers? :lol: :lol: :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Joel, did you just publicly admit you a loser :lol: