The Skyline Thread

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

no way the rear of the cars are completely different and thats what i dont like about the r33. but dont get me wrong lots of ppl love them and i can see why just not my cup of tea. my next door neighbour has 1 and loves it to bits but if i couldnt afford an r34 (and actually wanted a skyline) i would but r32
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:no way the rear of the cars are completely different and thats what i dont like about the r33. but dont get me wrong lots of ppl love them and i can see why just not my cup of tea. my next door neighbour has 1 and loves it to bits but if i couldnt afford an r34 (and actually wanted a skyline) i would but r32
mate they are not completely different. They essentially hold the same style with the r34 being much more sqaure...now the FTO and the R33 backas are "completely different"

I agree they are not the same but they are not "completely different"
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i did slightly exagerate (have no idea how to spell lol) They arbt completly different lol
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:yeah i did slightly exagerate (have no idea how to spell lol) They arbt completly different lol
hahah yeah..well this is a boring arguement now...I better go find a better one.
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

personally i reckon each series of skyline looks pretty different.. i like 32s personally 33s and 34s are too bulky for my liking
frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

i'd just like to say that sideways is so much better!!! ha ha ha ha ha
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok I now have a new tune and a new powerFC...could only run the car at 1bar as the clutch started to slip...made about 260rwkw...with no slipping..

new clutch on its way...will be over 300 soon!! PowerFC is cool...so much infoo.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Good stuff Chris :D

Once you got that clutch sorted, you need to take it to the drag strip and see what it can do for 0-100 and 1/4 miles
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:Good stuff Chris :D

Once you got that clutch sorted, you need to take it to the drag strip and see what it can do for 0-100 and 1/4 miles
OK I have a twin plate excedy clutch....its crazy but now I'm getting used to it.

Launches so awsome now...
frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

just did 3.5" exhaust, FMIC, GFB BOV and Apexi POD. goes so much better now. also cleared ECU and fixed air flow meter
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Hey man thats cool....

My list of mods so far:

Custom turbo from RevZone (good for about 18psi, 1.3bar at 3k glat to redline)
FMIC
VG30 AFM
Turbo back zorst, Apexi dump pipe, 730CFM Hi-Flo Cat, new twin cannon tips
Apexi PowerFC
Apexi AVCR
WORK XT7 rims..18x9.5 Rear and 18x8.5 Front, Hancook 104s
Bilstien Stocks and Whiteline springs all new bushes
Now with stock airbox & highflow filter
Spitfire coilpacks
SARD 550cc injectors
New Bosch 040 Fuel Pump
Excedy Twin Plate push button clutch
& Some new endless pads..good pads...if anyone wants new pads

Before clutch @ 1bar was ~250rwkw but slipping
After clutch at 1.3 bar should be around 280-290rwkw...

I tell u its awsome to drive....fun too, did I mention fast?
frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

like i said before....sideways forever!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

frozenwaffles wrote:like i said before....sideways forever!
just came back from taking my mate for a spin...he wasnt expecting so much thrust...hehe he had a big smile on his face when hammered it up a hill comming home...

took a few pics 2day...

here we go:

mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

is there any dedicated logo for r32?
or is it just the nissan logo for skylines?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Well you should notice the S logo on the front of the Skyline and they also wear the GT badge. If you're lucky enough you'll wear the GT badge with the R on it as well. Unless you're on of those tools who just rebadges cars to make it look better! :P

Or one of those tools who removes the badges to not show that they only really have an S pack or an RX or RS. :P Not really talking about any cars in particular there... :lol:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Joel his asking R32, and your description is just a general Sky's badging, its the same since R31-R34
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

FTO338 wrote:Joel his asking R32, and your description is just a general Sky's badging, its the same since R31-R34
That's what I said right? :?
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

lots of variations but generally the GTSTs have an S badge on the bonnet or grille.

GTRs usually (except the 32) run a GTR front badge all run the rear from 32 - 34.

GTT is the 34 version of a GTST.