Excels!

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Excels!

Post by sublime19 »

Ok.. so I'm driving an excel cos my car's gone in for repairs.
I always knew it was a shytty car, and used to see people who would throw body kits etc, I actually used to think it was a decent car since people wouldn't be doing it up so much unless it was.

Well.. after driving one it is a shytbox beyond belief.. first gear is 10, 2nd gear is 20, 3rd is 30 and 4th gear is 40.
It was NO power steering, the turn radius is really really shyt and well.. it looks like a peice of shyt!

sure if you wanna throw a turbo in it then do it, but it's still a waste!!

And what was really funny, my friend was driving and came across this other excel, had exhaust, body kit and a crapload of tacos everywhere and we just wanted to race him for the fun of it lol so my friend steps on it and we're both racing at an extremely slow pace and the it's like.. exactly the same rofl.. doesn't go nowhere!!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

and we're both racing at an extremely slow pace and the it's like.. exactly the same rofl.. doesn't go nowhere!!
lol, well ppl do excels up cos they r stupidly cheap, they r stupidly cheap because they r stupidly shyt.

u can pick a 97 model for $3/4K? and on top of that it's a lot cheaper to insurance, dont think they can classify that as a "sports hatch" regardless of how much the insurace company want to.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

Haha on the qld cruise we got stuck behind the same excel twice a green one with pink sticker on the back windscreen (guy driver) anyway... it was going so slow and ruined a lot of driving roads ;). Chelly and hobsie will know who i am talking about haha :lol: moral of story anyone who buys an excel and does it up is a poser
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

easiest cars to steal...... ever....
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

jonowong wrote:easiest cars to steal...... ever....
yeah just pick it up and walk off with it, lol.

but is it really worth it to steal an excel though?

...maybe if you are doing prep for an insanity plea for something else in court:

"your honour, my client is clearly mentally ill, he chose to break in and steal an excel. AN EXCEL! now you name me one sane person that would?"

lol
kiz wrote:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I raced a chick in a riced up Excel once, stickers all over the car, huge rear wing that obstructed her view out the back... I was winning by less than a car length by the time we reached the speed limit (80) 8O

Psycho bitch :twisted:
LED ALL the things.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Supplanter wrote:I raced a chick in a riced up Excel once, stickers all over the car, huge rear wing that obstructed her view out the back... I was winning by less than a car length by the time we reached the speed limit (80) 8O

Psycho bitch :twisted:
1st off what were you doing racing an excel in the first place lol

only by less than a car length? 8O what happened? were you stuck in 1st? 1st gear on my 94 GR pulls damn close to 80... sure i was at 8.5K RPM, but it did it (it was when i just got the car, forgot that i left the car in tip mode when i took off from the lights :oops: )
kiz wrote:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

man no way your 94 GR can go close to 80 on first gear..??
i have a 96 gr which is the same shyt and i dunno how u get to 80 in first gear without redlining and keep on driving for another 30ks!

and as far as stealing excels - like 5 yrs ago nobody had a car, and excels were easy to steal!
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

sublime19 wrote:man no way your 94 GR can go close to 80 on first gear..??
i have a 96 gr which is the same shyt and i dunno how u get to 80 in first gear without redlining and keep on driving for another 30ks
i got up to 8.5K RPM, whats the redline again? :wink: :P

as i said :? i didnt mean to do it, and i wont even think about putting my car through that again lol (well.. maybe after actually moding it, but definately not stock ever again)
kiz wrote:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

well even if u mod it it'd be the same peak power, unless u turbo it, in that case u'll get peak power at like 4000rpm so u wont need 2 redline it :)

and by the time u hit like 40 u would have reached the redline limit anyway so damn u must have fcuked it up hard 8O
AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

i saw a video on youtube where some guy in his FTO goes to 200 or something and he goes to 80 in first...
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

pretty sure i can get up to 60 in 1st and thats not quite redline yet

hey AJC u were at the cruise?? didnt see your white lancer there so i thought u didnt go ahha.. were you the dude i asked if you go to Y-west gym?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

subbie, i think the question now is what did you do wrong to your fto to not pull 80 in first lol

with that said... dont try it lol, it doesnt sound nice
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

really cause i redline mine evry gear but i dont look at the speedo, matter of fact didnt know it came with 1 lol
And what was really funny, my friend was driving and came across this other excel, had exhaust, body kit and a crapload of tacos everywhere and we just wanted to race him for the fun of it lol so my friend steps on it and we're both racing at an extremely slow pace and the it's like.. exactly the same rofl.. doesn't go nowhere!!
ROFL
yeah just pick it up and walk off with it, lol.

but is it really worth it to steal an excel though?

...maybe if you are doing prep for an insanity plea for something else in court:

"your honour, my client is clearly mentally ill, he chose to break in and steal an excel. AN EXCEL! now you name me one sane person that would?"

lol
LMAO

Im going out right now to see how quick my car does in first gear but im pretty sure id be bettin an excel by more than half a car length
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
AJCFTO06
Grease Monkey

Post by AJCFTO06 »

Hobbsie wrote: hey AJC u were at the cruise?? didnt see your white lancer there so i thought u didnt go ahha.. were you the dude i asked if you go to Y-west gym?
Nah that was my mate who tagged along(but i do go to y-west everytime with him usually) Didn't u go to centenary a couple of years ago?... I didn't drive cause i went city on saturday night and i had about 1-2 hours sleep and probly still over the limit so i got chelly to pick me up luckily otherwise i woulda missed it thanks again chels haha
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

yea i want to centenary for yr 12 hehe
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

All right my stock gr 94 does 74 in 1st thats bouncing off the rev limiter somewhere around 8200rpms. it does 138 in 2nd again bouncing off the rev limiter and havent checked 3rd or 4th YET but will get back to you
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I8AFRE wrote:really cause i redline mine evry gear but i dont look at the speedo, matter of fact didnt know it came with 1 lol
fuk are u serious?? man your car is already fucked up..!!
FTOs aren't meant to be redlined, I've never redlined mine and never will.
Firstly it's pointless to redline as you'll be gone past the peak power in that gear so your really jsut doing nothing xcept fuking up your engine and going slower than you could have changing gears.
anyway don't do it any more, it's too late if u do it everytime but your cutting your car's life expectancy by like.. 80%!

and to be honest I've never payed much attention to what speed I get upto in first gear, I'll check it next time when I actually have my car.

Anyway I8AFRE I seriously recommend you never to redline your car.. couldn't imagine any fto being treated like that! ask anybody else if you don't believe me :?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

The only way that Excel was almost as fast as me (I drive a GPX by the way) was if the owner through a shipload of money at it... ans it was still slower ;)

The moral of the story: Excels are shite.
LED ALL the things.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

you said it was a chick driver right?

was she hot at least? if she is then track her down, so i can marry her. we already know that she's got $$ to blow. (when i get bored of banging her i can always devoce her and take half :twisted: ) lol
kiz wrote: