Excels!

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by sublime19 »

lol exactly my point.. u can spent all the money in it to turbo it but it will always be a peice of shyt..

if u wanna spend that kinda money, get a Familia, will cost like $10,000 and most of them will have an engine rebuilds by now.. spend $20,000 and u can rip rexi's like nothing.
my friend had a STi, and he sees this little Familia coming up, my friend steps on it and the familia rips him like nothing!
and.. his license plate was "UR2EZY" lol..

now THAT car is a peice of shyt worth doing up!!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

sublime19 wrote:
I8AFRE wrote:really cause i redline mine evry gear but i dont look at the speedo, matter of fact didnt know it came with 1 lol
fuk are u serious?? man your car is already fucked up..!!
FTOs aren't meant to be redlined, I've never redlined mine and never will.
Firstly it's pointless to redline as you'll be gone past the peak power in that gear so your really jsut doing nothing xcept fuking up your engine and going slower than you could have changing gears.
anyway don't do it any more, it's too late if u do it everytime but your cutting your car's life expectancy by like.. 80%!

and to be honest I've never payed much attention to what speed I get upto in first gear, I'll check it next time when I actually have my car.

Anyway I8AFRE I seriously recommend you never to redline your car.. couldn't imagine any fto being treated like that! ask anybody else if you don't believe me :?
.. and with Sydney's speed limits 60-70km/h there's no point in revving too high. I usually change gears around 4.5-5krpm. You'll reach 60km/h on second gear at around 4krpm.

Unless I'm on the high/freeway I hardly ever go pass 6krpm.. but sometimes I like to let it loose to hear the mivec kick in.
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

I raced an excel one night...I couldn't even get past it! mind you I wasn't trying to cause it was full of hot chicks!!! :lol: :lol: :D
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

well he's up at the gold coast.. but he's just a NOOB all around so doesnt matter :lol:
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I8AFRE wrote:All right my stock gr 94 does 74 in 1st thats bouncing off the rev limiter somewhere around 8200rpms. it does 138 in 2nd again bouncing off the rev limiter and havent checked 3rd or 4th YET but will get back to you
3rd gear hit speed delimiter.........I'm not saying if it was me or who it was so no-one gets done! :wink:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

JOeJOe wrote:
sublime19 wrote:
I8AFRE wrote:really cause i redline mine evry gear but i dont look at the speedo, matter of fact didnt know it came with 1 lol
fuk are u serious?? man your car is already fucked up..!!
FTOs aren't meant to be redlined, I've never redlined mine and never will.
Firstly it's pointless to redline as you'll be gone past the peak power in that gear so your really jsut doing nothing xcept fuking up your engine and going slower than you could have changing gears.
anyway don't do it any more, it's too late if u do it everytime but your cutting your car's life expectancy by like.. 80%!

and to be honest I've never payed much attention to what speed I get upto in first gear, I'll check it next time when I actually have my car.

Anyway I8AFRE I seriously recommend you never to redline your car.. couldn't imagine any fto being treated like that! ask anybody else if you don't believe me :?
.. and with Sydney's speed limits 60-70km/h there's no point in revving too high. I usually change gears around 4.5-5krpm. You'll reach 60km/h on second gear at around 4krpm.

Unless I'm on the high/freeway I hardly ever go pass 6krpm.. but sometimes I like to let it loose to hear the mivec kick in.
OMG...your car will be a good buy...it will be like brand new...

The FTO loves to rev...your wasting valuable time driving slow.

I heard something about speed limits on roads...whats all that about?? I though the signs were telling me how far to the next Maccas?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol..

actually i'm interested to know if many people have actually redlined their fto before?

the max I've ever gone is about 7000 revs, and normally i dont go past 6500 when i rip it like once or twice a week
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

OMG...your car will be a good buy...it will be like brand new...

The FTO loves to rev...your wasting valuable time driving slow.

I heard something about speed limits on roads...whats all that about?? I though the signs were telling me how far to the next Maccas?
LMFAO

Dude redlining your car doesnt do anymore damage than taking it to 6000rpm (as long as u do regular oil changes and sh*t u gotta maintane your baby and i do a service evry 5k km) but it doesnt hurt it and redlining doesnt slow u down either only bouncing of the rev limiter (which i know i did so u dont have to point that out again cause it was only to prove a point) does. me and all my mates have driven all our cars hard and to the limit and have had no more problems than what any body else talks about on this forum. wats the point if u dont? if u dont drive them hard buy an excel or a mirage at least they r better on fuel or even a lancer i think aj has 1 for sale lol
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

If I rev it hard, in 1st gear i'd reach the speed limit already (60-70kmp) so to 3rd and 4th i have to change gears pretty quickly. I just like to change gears in a smooth motion.

I service mine every 5-6k.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah submissive was takin me a little to literally i dont actually redline evry single time i drive (but in sayin that i drive it hard 80% of the time) and most of my driving is on the mototrway too
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol nah i wasnt saying EVERY time u drive but as far as i've been told redlining an fto which isnt made to be redlined is bad for the car cos your stressing and wearing out the engine which in the long run will reduce the car's overall life expectancy, i wasnt tryin 2 annoy u lol just saying "take it easy" lol
sorry to sound like a mother haha but i dont want u running into big probs and spending the money to fix it, so dont get so defensive lol
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

hey sublime
in regards to redlining
in a NA car i think it is very important to go as high rev as u can so when u cahnge gears u dont drop rev too much
but with turbo cars when u pass the peak rpm, boost level will drop and it makes big ass difference because turbo car with low boost = slow
therefore i think(correct me if i'm wrong) NA cars have to be reved unlike turbo,
for example, my evo on the dyno drops power at around 6.5k
the redline is at about 7.2k before revlimiter hits
i can change at 6.5 and acclerate faster than waiting for boost to come in hard on me again if i redline.
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

lol nah its all good man.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

yep, agree with u there, but with the FTO they're not made for redlining is what I was pointing out, if it was a integra or a v8 or whatever else, they're made to be redlined but the fto just isn't 8)

but i agree with u changing on higher so u dont drop the revs too much
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

where did u hear that fto's shouldnt??? im just curious and as sublime said what does evry 1 else think about redlining????
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol.. i thought it was obvious.. sorry but this has been my strong understanding and they're never meant to redlined too much at all

i'll make a poll in the performance section :twisted:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

what was obvious?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

that redlining is bad.

Cos when I first got my car, chris (Khunjeng) told me not to thrash it too much and I always thought it was a known fact that thrashing your car always isn't good for it
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

first off define thrashing and secondly u said its alright for a integra or a V8 but im telling u now man ive been involved with cars for like 13 yrs now and ive never heard that redlining a well maintained car will do it damaged but thats just my opinion
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

well even an integra etc ok maybe i'll just rephrase that

if theres 2 cars exactly the same, well maintained with regular services every 5000 kms, and one never redlines it and the other redlines always, then which one will be outlive the other? obviously the one that's never been thrashed.

i've heard from countless people growing up not to always thrash your car cos doing it all the time is bad for it, so just to be safe I never redline it.
but seriously, putting it into redline like everyday, your stressing the engine so i clearly thought it wasn't too good for the car :?