Audi A3 and S3 - views

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Audi A3 and S3 - views

Post by shue »

does anyone know the major differences between the 2 models. views on performance and maintainance of these cars?
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I think the S3 is AWD and turbo. Its the EVO version of the A3, if you get what I mean.
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

Have a look on http://www.redbook.comYou will find the specs there.
FTO-279
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Which model/series of A3 and S3 that you want to know?

If you talking about 8L series, then AJ is correct, the S3 is "higher performance" version of A3. While the A3 comes in FWD only, the S3 runs on higher boost and have the basic version of quattro system, which mean its not a constant AWD, its an active AWD with FWD bias. Also the A3 is 5spd manual while S3 is 6spd.

Other then that its your usual, seating, xennon lights, climate control, bigger wheels, lower springs that give the S3 a higher price tag.

8P S3 hasn't release in Australia yet, but its runs the same proper quattro AWD and the same 2.0FSI turbo engine as the A3 quattro. Only different is its got better internal so it allows it to run on higher boost.

Again other then that its all the little creature comfort and the bodykit that set them apart.

Performance on both series and both models are pretty good, with lots of aftermarket parts available off the shelf. There are a few "Sleeper" S3 that pulls 250-300kwatw. Just keep in mind, aftermarket parts for euro cars aren't cheap.

Just like most euro cars, the maintenances is going to cost you an arms and legs, especially the S3 models. My experience so far is nothing less then $1k per services, its the parts that usually jack up the prices.

So keep in mind, they are cheap to buy now, but the running cost might set you back a fair bit. Especially most 8L now are due for a major service base on the KM it had.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.