Again we missed out - Honda Civic Type R

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Again we missed out - Honda Civic Type R

Post by FTO338 »

Well as usual, we playing the catching up game, Honda Oz just can't see why every other car company in Oz is releasing a hot hatch, while they hope the fake Integra Type R, or the now Type S will do all the job for them :roll:

DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

There would appear to be some movement in my pants....
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

I've read the article on this little beauty last week and I want one... Damn Honda OZ.

I would prefer this over the Integra Type R
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

They had this version of the civic in the UK when I was last over there, didn't see any Type R's but I thought they looked really weired, esp the back. Did you see any Ben?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Cant say I did. Place was full of cruddy Fiat Punto's! :P

Mind you I did see a Maybach 62 & an F50 on the roads over there 8)
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

sh*ts me. :evil:
droidy
Grease Monkey

Post by droidy »

whoa that looks a lot better than the yellow prototype one I've seen. But chrome door handles? :x Color code them. Then it looks good. Ep3 is hot looking too. But hey, surprise surprise- we never see any good models here. It sux.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nah f**k that...

JDM DB8 INTEGRA FTW!!!

droidy
Grease Monkey

Post by droidy »

yeah type r 4 door integra is cool, ep3 ctr best. Same exact chasis/motor as dc5r but hatchback shell. I'm have to go to nz or japan and bring a ship load of these models we never see back. Put it on my tab or somethin :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

jonowong wrote:nah f*** that...

JDM DB8 INTEGRA FTW!!!

I know someone who got one in Vic WITH A TURBO CHARGE :lol:
droidy wrote:yeah type r 4 door integra is cool, ep3 ctr best. Same exact chasis/motor as dc5r but hatchback shell.
I think you mean DC2R. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
droidy
Grease Monkey

Post by droidy »

wah?? No I mean an ep3 ctr (the first k20 one which we never got here) has the same chasis/running gear as a dc5r.
Dc2r there is a rad white one I saw on lonsdale st in the city a few weeks ago- jdm with carbon hood/trunk. DAMN I WANT IT
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

why ones of these when you could go the XR5 Turbo, Astra turbo, and the R32 Golf from VW??
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

It's coming to australia.

Maybe some of you guys have already heard about it but it's a first for me, read it in the daily telegraph car section this morning. Not sure when they will start shipping to australian though.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

..what?

AWESOME. The thing just looks like so much fun to drive.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I was "launched" at the Melb's motorshow. Didn't pay any attention to it though....as i already spended 4hrs looking at all the other cars.... :?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

hmm this is sooo much a chic's car :)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

u can buy it in july.
i wonder how much it would cost though...
civic sport cost about 30k drive away
integra cost about 44k drive away...
hmmm....
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
Effteeo
Apprentice

Post by Effteeo »

I for one (being a Honda man) am really looking forward to the release of this little bewdy.

It will be released in the coming months - I guess you can expect figures upwards of $40K - to compete with the like of the Golf GTi etc, but since its being made in England, perhaps it may be closer to $50K?

Anyways, thats a lot of money for a Civic... I do love this car, but its still a civic - people don't tend to associate Civic's as sports cars... however perhaps this may change the way people think.

The rear suspension is just a torsion beam and not independant. The front suspension is also McPhersons instead of double wishbones, but having said that I have no doubts in Hondas ability to make a great-handling FWD car, whether it be using double wishbone, torsion beam or any other kind of suspension design.

Look forward to the 4 door Type R in 2010!

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect ... Down+Under

http://www.civictyper.com.au
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Effteeo wrote: people don't tend to associate Civic's as sports cars... however perhaps this may change the way people think.
Well they do have a hot hatch image when the EK VTiR came out, but they screw it up with the "mini torago" look with the 7th Gen.