Help Buying from nagoyamotors is it a scam?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

eThix
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Help Buying from nagoyamotors is it a scam?

Post by eThix »

Yeah probably sounds dumb, but i live in Queensland and i've got a deposit down on a car at www.nagoyamotors.com.au and i can't go check out the car my self (its in NSW) so i don't know if i'm going to get ripped off, has any one brought a car of them or been there?? just want to know if i can trust the place before paying for the car :P

Cheers Jason
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Get it inspected by State Roads or similar (http://www.stateroads.com.au) or maybe one of the nice Sydney peeps could take a look.

Edit: Just realised they are importers... don't mind me :oops:
LED ALL the things.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

yeah i wounder if any nice :D Sydney people would go do that :P "Nudge Nudge" if not :( i guess i will get the inspection by the Stateraods
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

eThix wrote:yeah i wounder if any nice :D Sydney people would go do that :P "Nudge Nudge" if not :( i guess i will get the inspection by the Stateraods
Is it the white 94 GPX with sunroof?
http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/vdetail.asp?id=100

1) Ask for a copy of the Japanese Auction report (then post here).

2) Get a pre-purchase inspection, but make sure it's someone who knows imports / modified vehicles. Eg NRMA ones are generally no good for cars like this, because aftermarket suspension would become "suspension travel too hard" or some other nonsense. They usually deal with standard cars.

Haven't used statewide but can recommend Sydney Vehicle PrePurchase Inspections., 0414 914 626 (Paris). Whoever you use, ensure you tell them that the car is a Jap import and see what they have to say in terms of stuff they'd look for.

3) Maybe it's worth catching a flight down to inspect the car in person? Jetstar / Virgin aren't too expensive these days, if you are serious it's a small price to pay to ensure peace of mind.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yep thats the car :D.

I sent a request to get a copy of the Japanese Auction report.
and once i receive it i will look into getting a inspection on the car like you mention.

I might be able to fly down there if i'm free from work.... but once i get to Sydney how do i find my way to the dealer :'( i don't know anything about Sydney.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

kid_dynamite wrote:
eThix wrote:yeah i wounder if any nice :D Sydney people would go do that :P "Nudge Nudge" if not :( i guess i will get the inspection by the Stateraods
Is it the white 94 GPX with sunroof?
http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/vdetail.asp?id=100

1) Ask for a copy of the Japanese Auction report (then post here).

2) Get a pre-purchase inspection, but make sure it's someone who knows imports / modified vehicles. Eg NRMA ones are generally no good for cars like this, because aftermarket suspension would become "suspension travel too hard" or some other nonsense. They usually deal with standard cars.

Haven't used statewide but can recommend Sydney Vehicle PrePurchase Inspections., 0414 914 626 (Paris). Whoever you use, ensure you tell them that the car is a Jap import and see what they have to say in terms of stuff they'd look for.

3) Maybe it's worth catching a flight down to inspect the car in person? Jetstar / Virgin aren't too expensive these days, if you are serious it's a small price to pay to ensure peace of mind.
Hey i got Japanese Auction report paper
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Post up a copy here!
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

hey i recived an e-mail from the Dealer

He Wrote:
Dear Jason, just had confirmation - compliance plates arriving this Friday. We can proceed with delivery straight away.

If you have access to the fax I can fax you the invoice if you wish. You will recieve your FTO very soon.
Please keep your money transfer reciept and all my emails I sent to you - it will be your evidence of your purchase :-)

Our bank details below:
ANZ bank

Account name:
Nagoya Motors Pty Ltd
BSB 012-395
Account 4962 57116

Please confirm if you decide to go ahead - I will pre-book delivery straight away to avoid any delay.

Kind regards, Alex Petratchkov.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

off topic - how long does it take for a vehicle to be delivered to aussie shores from japan??
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

JOeJOe wrote:off topic - how long does it take for a vehicle to be delivered to aussie shores from japan??
2-3 weeks depending on port of entry and destination, and weather along the way.

Jason bit hard to read that auction report, grade 3.5/C is a fairly average car. Couple of dent/scratches on the front right and rear left guards, aftermarket lip (as per pic), can't really read the rest.

It's tiptronic too, btw.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

kid_dynamite wrote:
JOeJOe wrote:off topic - an??
Jason bit hard to read that auction report, grade 3.5/C is a fairly average car. Couple of dent/scratches on the front right and rear left guards, aftermarket lip (as per pic), can't really read the rest.

It's tiptronic too, btw.
Yeah the Dealer already told me about this :P thanks though :)
Also is this true is this enough proof i purchase the car?
(this is a copy of the latest e-mail he sent me)

Dear Jason, just had confirmation - compliance plates arriving this Friday. We can proceed with delivery straight away.

If you have access to the fax I can fax you the invoice if you wish. You will recieve your FTO very soon.
Please keep your money transfer reciept and all my emails I sent to you - it will be your evidence of your purchase :-)

Our bank details below:
ANZ bank
Account name:
Nagoya Motors Pty Ltd
BSB 012-395
Account 4962 57116

Please confirm if you decide to go ahead - I will pre-book delivery straight away to avoid any delay.

Kind regards, Alex Petratchkov.

Nagoya Motors Pty Ltd
85 Cawarra Rd,Caringbah NSW 2229
Ph:(02) 9524 9573
Fax:(02) 9524 3176
Mob:0422 52 42 77
Email: sales@nagoyamotors.com.au
Web: www.nagoyamotors.com.au
D/L MD20134
lwrida
Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

Jason, Give us a pm if u want and I'll take u to go see the car.
aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

lwrida wrote:Jason, Give us a pm if u want and I'll take u to go see the car.
Hey thanks for the offer, but i'm busy all week (full time working) so i don't know when i would be free to fly down... which sucks, don't really know what i can do :( GAHHH!!
lwrida
Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

when do u need to take the car from them ?
aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

mate i bought my fto off nagoya...the guy Alex seems to be fine....I had stateroads inspected the car, he said there are a few problems....and i took the FTO to Unique auto sports for check up afterwards, i need to replace front swaybar links and front shock absorbers....thats all....car running fine...so far.

btw, i got mine Dec last year....(that was the only FTO there, realised now there are a few to choose from)

hope this helps

Cheers and good luck with the purchase

Richy
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Oh thank you so much! this means a lot! :D and helps me feel better about giving this guy money for a car i can't see yet :P
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

man they need to fix their links on the website ...
http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/ 8O
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

YEP i got my car so it looks like its safe to me :P
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nice one :wink: