Silver GPX For Sale - Price Drop 2K [SOLD]

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Silver GPX For Sale - Price Drop 2K [SOLD]

Post by dstocks »

OK,sick of this one sitting around.Never seem to get around to getting it registered, so thinking of selling it as is. So, the car came from Canberra. I got it about 12 months ago now with a few things that needed fixing and they have subsequently been fixed and everything is right to go.

Car has pretty much brand new tyres, is straight and interior is in excellent condition.

On the minus side, it has quite a few stone chips on the front (car did mostly highway kms) and a slight scratch low on the Passengers side of rear bar (no deformation of the bar, just paint). Shocks may need changing sometime soon as well. Other than that, its in excellent condition (as the pictures below show).

The ODO has 220K on it. Overall, id say better than the average FTO on the road.

Car is unregistered, so you will need a blue slip to put it on the road. Is as stock as a rock.

Looking at $2000. If interested, reply to this post,send me a PM or call me at home on 02 4478 1311.

Here are a couple of pics to go on with.

Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Astron_Boy
    Trolling Gen Y

Re: Silver GPX For Sale

Post by Astron_Boy »

A good purchase for someone.
    Went right over this, and it's extremely well priced.

The kilometers are nothing to fear.

P.S. It's a 4spd auto. ;)
    And those are factory option alloys wheels. (If you're in to that...)
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I am declaring an EOI in this FTO for Sue.
    We are just worried about getting it registered as we are not in NSW nor do we have a NSW address.
    We also don't know how we would get it from NSW to SA.
    mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
    Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

It was last registered in the ACT actually, so you would be in the same position if you were in NSW. Youd get it transported though if you were going to go there. You have more than enough on your plate without adding a road trip to the mix Phil. Ive found Canberra Carways to be reasonable with pricing.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      silverGPX
      9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Swap for 89 Mazda 121 and cash
      PHIL069
      Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Just phoned Canberra Carways and they quoted me $1367.30 for pickup near Batemans and deliver to Port Pirie.

Couple of questions to help us decide...
      1. Is it 4 speed tip?
      2. Are the front seats worn or torn?
      3. Do you know if the timing belt was done at 200,000km
      4. How ordinary is the paint, does it just need a good polish? I'm not worried about stone chips and the small scratch on the rear bumber.
      4. I trust your judgement dwayne, is this the right FTO for us?
      mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
      Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hmmm, that freight price is still too high for my liking. Would certainly be cheaper if it only went to Adelaide. How far is it from there to where you are?

Yes its a 4 sp tip. I actually dont know when the belt was done, but I have the contact details of the previous owner. Ill take some piccies of the inside Phil so you can see for yourself. Ill try and take some close pics of the stone chips too. This one was at the last bonfire in the pics
        PHIL069
        Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Phoned Carways again
        Batemans Bay to Adelaide depot = $895.40
        Canberra depot to Adelaide depot = $629.20

FTO can sit at Adelaide for up to 10 days waiting for me to collect.
        SA 3 day unregistered vehicle permit = $57. This would allow me to drive it to Port Pirie without plates.
        Once I have the FTO home I would have to take it to local police station for a $60 Tier 2 inspection, this would have to be done while on the 3 day permit.
        Then I would take paperwork to Services SA and pay for rego and new plates.

Question. Do you have the ex Canberra rego papers?
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No, but have a signed letter from the owner stating that it has been bought legally (car was 2 months out of rego when I picked it up). I would also write a similar letter with your name on it. This is all thats required. In the end, the Lorax was registered this way. If you take the rego papers from your red one in, it will help them a little as they can transfer across the tare weight etc off that one, rather than have to look it up.

I could possibly hire a trailer and transport to Canberra I guess (or finally get mine registered which I need to do anyway). Would have to grab a trailer to get it into town anyway.
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Actually Phil, do you want to PM me a number I can call you on and maybe an email I can send a few photos to
            PHIL069
            Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

PM sent :D
            shadowarrior
            Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

I registered Dwayne's black fto in qld with just an authorisation letter from Dwayne about the sale. We filled up sale papers with each other's details and signatures. That should be enough for getting it registered I think.
            Phil, get a quote from Ceva for transporting the car as well, I got mine through them.
            PHIL069
            Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

After careful consideration and consultation with dwayne, Sue and I have decided not to purchase this FTO as we are concentrating on saving for our first home at the moment.
            Thanks for the time and info dwayne :D
            If you still have it in 12 months we will reconsider as long as you are prepared to wrap it in chrome pink vinyl for Sue. :lol:
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thanks Phil. I think thats a good choice you have made though. Its nice to have a place of your own. And you can always pick up one a little further down the track
              shadowarrior
              Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

dstocks wrote:Thanks Phil. I think thats a good choice you have made though. Its nice to have a place of your own. And you can always pick up one a little further down the track
              I have to make sure my Mrs doesn't read this :|
              dstocks
              National Vice President

Re: Silver GPX For Sale - Price Drop 2K

Post by dstocks »

Price dropped to $2000. Need it gone.
                SolardarityAU

Post by SolardarityAU »

Hey Dwayne,

Got any pics of the stone chips and paint scratch? Did you ever get into contact with the last owner in regards to the last timing belt service?

I'm kinda interested in this car. I've been looking for ages for a manual gpx under 5k as my next project car but all of the cars that I've looked into have fallen through for various reasons, so I'm thinking of just settling for the auto (can always do a manual conversion later ;) )

If I wanted to come pick the car up and drive it home, is it possible to arrange for you to do the blue slip locally and include any incurred costs into the final purchase price? Would save me having to get the car delivered here or stuffing around to get the blue slip done myself :P

Thanks,

Solardarity
                dstocks
                National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Stone Chips:

Scrape. Just clear coat paint is still intact:

Previous Owner said the timing belt was done at 140K apparently. So by that reckoning youd have another 20K. Id be doing it anyway if it was me.

If interested, give me a call on the number above or if you like, PM me a number and I can call you.
                  SolardarityAU

Post by SolardarityAU »

Just throwing in that I've made my full intention to buy this car.

Dwayne and I are sorting out blue slip and a time to register and come pick the car up.

Should be in 2 weeks time.
                  shadowarrior
                  Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Great buy mate. Don't forget about the bonfire btw :)