[SOLD] [WA] '94 Black FTO GPX V6 MIVEC (Manual)

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

wcefan
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

[SOLD] [WA] '94 Black FTO GPX V6 MIVEC (Manual)

Post by wcefan »

Hey guys,

UPDATE: Has Been Sold.

So I bought new car back in February 2012 (Liberty GT STI) and haven't really used the FTO much since. Getting rid of it since it's just taking up space and costing rego money.

Good:
Engine is strong - it was stripped and cleaned by RPW about 20,000kms ago.
Aircon is good - entire system was replaced after compressor blew after I first bought it.
Decent mods list.
Extremely fun to drive.
Sounds amazing when you hit 5500rpm and the MIVEC kicks in.

Bad:
Roof Paint (see pics).
Small scrape on passenger door from a parking fail.
Driver's seat material has ripped on side from rubbing when getting in and out (see pics).

Meh:
Tachometer needle intermittently stops working.

Mods List:
Pedders Steering Rack
KYB Shocks
Lovell Lowered Springs
RDA Slotted Rotors (Front and Rear)
Ultra Racing Front Lower Bar
New Tie Rod Ends
SuperPro Polyurethane bushes all round
EBC Black rear brake pads
EBC Green front brake pads
New Sway Bar Links
New Engine Seals and Gaskets
New Cooling Hoses
Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch
Fidanza Billet Aluminium Lightened Flywheel
Performance Radiator
RPW 3-1 Headers and Y-Pipe
Apexi N1 Exhaust
NGK Spark Plugs
New Engine Mounts
New Alternator
K&N High Flow Panel Air Filter
Auscar 17" Rims
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric (215/45/17) Tyres all round
New Lower and Upper Radiator Pipes
Walbro 225 Fuel Pump
Front Brake Calipers painted Red for the extra 25kw!
Pioneer AVH-P4250DVD Head Unit
6.5" Kicker KS65.2 Splits (front)
6x9" Kicker KS6930 (rear)
Pioneer 300w Amp running rear speakers

Car has done ~175xxxkm

I bought it for $10.5k 5 years ago and have done all those mods above since owning it. Will sell for around $4.5k ($4k for forum members).

Last edited by wcefan on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
destinationtoby
Broke it

Re: [WA] EOI - '94 Black FTO GPX V6 MIVEC (Manual)

Post by destinationtoby »

Super fkn clean. Glws mate
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Looks really tidy!
GLWS!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Hmmm... you wouldn't be keen on a 1200cc motorbike...would you? :|
wcefan
Grease Monkey

Post by wcefan »

shadowarrior wrote:Hmmm... you wouldn't be keen on a 1200cc motorbike...would you? :|
That depends what bike, condition, etc etc. I am looking for a bigger bike to get my R class.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

It's a Kawasaki zrx1200s, beautiful tourer, and has enough grunt. Perfect condition, except the seat has a small tear. It has brand new Michelin pilot road 3 front and rear. Changed chain and sprockets 1000kms back, put DID x ring chains. It also has a +4 ignition advancer. I'll also throw in the ventura rack (have the large installed, should find the mini one as well) along with a touring bag.
There is nothing wrong with the bike at all, but want to stop my Mrs from stealing my fto for weekend drives :/

It has 65 thousand kms on it, 70 percent of which is highway kms. Always put 98 octane fuel, regular service with Motul 5100 oil and K&N filters. No leaks, no funny gearbox, tight and responsive engine.

Thinking of getting another fto for the mrs, and I would have traded the zrx in towards a rocket 3 later on. Let me grab some pics :)
(Think there is a thread in for sale section here well)
Last edited by shadowarrior on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Here you go:
http://imgur.com/a/AXGBf

I have been riding motorbikes for the last 16 years, this motorbike has been taken care of, I can guarantee you that. :)
wcefan
Grease Monkey

Post by wcefan »

shadowarrior wrote:Here you go:
http://imgur.com/a/AXGBf

I have been riding motorbikes for the last 16 years, this motorbike has been taken care of, I can guarantee you that. :)
Looks nice. Hold on, I just noticed you're from the Gold Coast. You know I'm in Perth yeh?
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Hmm, we should be able to work out a way to transport.

Did you manage to find the solution to your tacho dipping randomly btw?
wcefan
Grease Monkey

Post by wcefan »

shadowarrior wrote:Hmm, we should be able to work out a way to transport.

The engine rev dipping that you're talking about was actually fixed by putting in a new battery. The tacho needle (not actual revs) now drop randomly but not very often. I maybe see it drop 2 or 3 times per drive. Pretty sure it's battery related still and should be fixed when I put a new alternator and battery in it.

I'll be honest I'm not thrilled at the idea of doing an interstate transaction. Could be disappointing for both of us considering you've never seen/driven the car and I've never seen/ridden the bike. How about I fix up the alternator and put in a new battery and discuss once I've done that? Note: The alternator and battery isn't going to happen for about a month due to funds and a few outstanding medical bills I have.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

wcefan wrote:

The engine rev dipping that you're talking about was actually fixed by putting in a new battery. The tacho needle (not actual revs) now drop randomly but not very often. I maybe see it drop 2 or 3 times per drive. Pretty sure it's battery related still and should be fixed when I put a new alternator and battery in it.

I'll be honest I'm not thrilled at the idea of doing an interstate transaction. Could be disappointing for both of us considering you've never seen/driven the car and I've never seen/ridden the bike. How about I fix up the alternator and put in a new battery and discuss once I've done that? Note: The alternator and battery isn't going to happen for about a month due to funds and a few outstanding medical bills I have.
Sounds fine with me, no rush :)
I guess am in a habit of buying FTO's without driving/looking at them :P Bought my current one off Dwayne as an impulse buy...without even seeing the car or knowing him in person :D

Do you know anyone in QLD who would want to come down and have a look at the bike in person? I can try and organize someone in Perth as well once you have everything sorted. (where is illmotion when we need him :P )
wcefan
Grease Monkey

Post by wcefan »

shadowarrior wrote:
wcefan wrote:

Sounds fine with me, no rush :)
I guess am in a habit of buying FTO's without driving/looking at them :P Bought my current one off Dwayne as an impulse buy...without even seeing the car or knowing him in person :D

Do you know anyone in QLD who would want to come down and have a look at the bike in person? I can try and organize someone in Perth as well once you have everything sorted. (where is illmotion when we need him :P )
Haha righto. I think my parents might know someone bike savvy up there. Once she's fixed up I'll do a detailed video of the car all round and whilst driving to give you a sense of it and of course someone is welcome to look over the car. I'll hit you up once it's fixed up. If you have any questions just post them up and I'll respond when I can. Also don't hold onto the bike just for me, if you have the opportunity to sell it before hand I recommend doing that. I haven't yet decided whether I want to go straight for a 1200 instead of a 600.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Have you finished your P and going towards R? If that's the case, you will soon grow out of a 600...unless...you like supersports...and you can find a R6 or a zx6r ninja (the old unrestricted ones). :)
wcefan
Grease Monkey

Re: [WA] '94 Black FTO GPX V6 MIVEC (Manual)

Post by wcefan »

UPDATE: Alternator and Battery replaced. Up for Sale