Project: Maverick

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Taz »

Well after today its finally been decided that i will be putting together this monster on a rolling GPX shell, not my own GPR.
Plans for the car are eventually a full spartan track car, with everything from fuel cell top stripped out electronic dash, full cage and carbon racing seats etc etc, all eventually as this will take a year or two with my current budget.
I will aim to get the car running with small mods by next August (time attack) possibly a bit sooner to have a few runs out at lakeside to try and get as much practice in as possible
Will be a 4g63t AWD car, aiming for 600hp, 800ft pounds when its all golden crispy and in its prime. Until then i wil; running a stock internal motor with everything else getting ready for the changeover.
As it stands i am going to put it into a storage facility and work off it there slowly but surely. First things first i will completely strip it down and prepare the chassis, then buy the half cut and slowly start to put it together then awd the sucker, then get the sucker running then start putting in everything from seats to cage etc etc.
Here some pics taken today when we took it off the trailer (which was surprisingly easy actually) willl get some more after the seagull day when its cleaned up a bit.
Bad points (not really for its purpose) are that the condenser is slightly bent as it was in a very minor accident, but the front bar is fine (needs a respray bit faded) and the bonnet needs a respray eventually (faded again, but good condition, not bent or warped) and just spotted when we got off the trailer was some bubbling on the roof - but so little and unnoticable we didnt see it when we initially inspected it, looks as though the paint is just slightly bubbled/raised - nothing to slow down the project, as the car is getting resprayed white or black.
Will update here regularly as the project gets on, so check in to see how its going.
Taz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Re: Project: Maverick

Post by Technikhaus »

That's a really good condition car!
Why was it a shell?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Its not....yet but i will make it a shell really, nothing in there stock i need. Thats what the seagull day is for.
I was rapped about the condition too, only 1500 wheels, 3.5" touch screen head unit, intact stereo surround, definitely a treasure
Good platform to start on
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

does it have an engine in it atm?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Keep us posted on the project and good luck!
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Yes it does tech, and thanks spetz, keen to finally get stuck into in in the coming months. Bit nervous about 4x4 but we will get there, can go at my own pace/budget so I'm not pressured and would be forced to stop/sell.
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

Sorry Taz.
Ever thought of getting a full GSR wreck? Can salvage the Engine, 4WD system, brakes, etc, all at once. Good luck on the cost and engineering side of things.
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

What are you sorry for bear?
Havent thought about a GSR wreck no, going to get a 5 (most likely) half cut and source the individual parts for 4wd off the 3/4 as theyre the closest compatible cars.
mattman
Grease Monkey

Post by mattman »

seems like to nice of a car to be striped but atleast it will be used for a good cause :) are you going to be selling of all the parts you dont need?
FTO ftw
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

See seagull day thread mattman
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

Taz wrote:Havent thought about a GSR wreck no, going to get a 5 (most likely) half cut and source the individual parts for 4wd off the 3/4 as theyre the closest compatible cars.
Will the drive shaft need fabrication(shortened)?
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-M ... 2306078007

Cant be bothered to post everything up here as well as on FB, so if your interested follow it on FB, as i doubt i will be bothered posting everything here as well :lol:
I am more inclined to update the page more frequently with more pics as i do not have to take them off my phone onto my computer, chop the resolution down and post em up, they go straight up from the phone :D
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Looking good on FB already! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Good Luck!
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Getting towed away for engine and gearbox to be pulled out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Been very slow progress (actually pretty much none) on the car lately, as it is getting extremely difficult finding a house to have somewhere to put it so i can start work on it.
Mrs gets back from Tazzie next week, start up the house hunt again and hopefully in a few weeks i can finally start work on it and get everything out ready to be caged :?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Progress is on the road again, with a lot been done in the last few days - check out the FB thread above to keep updated :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Taz wrote: check out the FB thread above to keep updated :D
NO ! :evil: .
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

:lol: Am I the only Gen Y that does not use Facebook?
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Aww come on now Aza, im not gonna update here uploading photos seperately n sh*t when i can much much easier do them on FB

Basically its completely stripped down to a bare shell, nothing else can really be taken out apart from the tranny and suspension, exhaust is out etc nothing left in the interior apart from an empty colomn and a hand brake for convenience.
Will be scrubbing the thing down completely to shiny bare metal then starting to build it up again from scratch
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Taz wrote:Aww come on now Aza, im not gonna update here uploading photos seperately n sh*t when i can much much easier do them on FB

Basically its completely stripped down to a bare shell, nothing else can really be taken out apart from the tranny and suspension, exhaust is out etc nothing left in the interior apart from an empty colomn and a hand brake for convenience.
Will be scrubbing the thing down completely to shiny bare metal then starting to build it up again from scratch
Just incase you didn't know, you've already uploaded the photo's so you can just use the same image link code on the forum too :)
Taz wrote:When funds allow