BJK's '95 GPX

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

BJK's '95 GPX

Post by bjk »

Howdy folks. You may have seen me lurking around and posting the odd comment here and there, but now I hope I can be a little bit more involved! Or just pester everyone with questions, either or. :tongue: (don't worry, I know where the search function is).

So, I have just as of a couple of days ago acquired a vehicle from Dstocks small car yard of FTO's :lol: Flew up to Canberra from Adelaide on Thursday, and made the long haul back today. Left at 5 in the morning from a friend's in Canberra, and arrived back in Adelaide maybe an hour ago. A big, big, hugely awesome thanks to Dwayne and Kylie (I hope I spelt/remembered the name right! :oops: ) for their generous hospitality, and for Dwayne's help figuring out radiator issues. Need to pick up a thermostat, which should hopefully solve the mild overheating problems.

She's stock save lowering springs (getting used to angling a car now, haha), and a vR strut brace. A few rough edges, but has potential. 8)

Here's some pics I took on the trip when I was waiting for the temperature gauge to go down. :lol:

And how she stands now:

Last edited by bjk on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Re: BJK's '95 GPX

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Wow for something stock that look really really good love the side pic the most
gotta get there one day :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

:cheers: Awesome, I'm so happy for you :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Congrats.. Saw this car the other day. I was either going to grab this one or another.. I picked the other.. lol...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I can't stop looking at the pictures, haha.
rock_it wrote:Congrats.. Saw this car the other day. I was either going to grab this one or another.. I picked the other.. lol...
Fortunate for me then!
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Congrats on the buy mate. What are your future plans for it?
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Now u need to just tell us all your plans for the future as in the way of mods or u goin to leave it like that
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Vectose wrote:Congrats on the buy mate. What are your future plans for it?
ZFL45H1 wrote:Now u need to just tell us all your plans for the future as in the way of mods or u goin to leave it like that
Future plans are very... future-y, haha. I don't have a lot of money to throw at it currently, and I moved out of home (again) early last month. But I'm almost certainly going to be full-time at the Woolies I work at in the coming weeks (doing 20 hours currently), so once I have a buffer of savings again, then I might look into a few things.

And, uh, gotta pay my speeding ticket. :oops:

Note to self: saving time does not save you money.
Image Image Image Image
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

bjk wrote:
Vectose wrote:Congrats on the buy mate. What are your future plans for it?
ZFL45H1 wrote:Now u need to just tell us all your plans for the future as in the way of mods or u goin to leave it like that
Note to self: saving time does not save you money.
Thats fair enough and I know how u feel I went to court when I was on my green p's in the early stage was for two speeding tickets one for 10+ and one I think 20+ also had a talk while on the phone all separate occasions but lesson learned :lol:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Had a few sleepless nights knowing you were going to be driving it that far. Soooo many things can go wrong. Glad you got down there OK in the end. Really annoying that the problem took over 30 minutes to appear. Made it really hard to diagnose (particularly after having to replace 2 buggered thermo fans and a radiator in the days before it left). It seems that a long uphill grade is what causes the symptoms. Not losing water, but expelling through a new radiator cap into the overflow. The thermostat must be partially blocked. At least thats an easy fix I guess. Sorry for the hassles.

Anyway,welcome to the club as a proper FTO owner. And I do hope you enjoy the car. Now youve had a decent drive, how does it compare to the Mazda?
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

bjk wrote:I can't stop looking at the pictures, haha.
    rock_it wrote:Congrats.. Saw this car the other day. I was either going to grab this one or another.. I picked the other.. lol...
    Fortunate for me then!
    Lol.. Guess so.. But was a good buy. Never heard of anyone having problems from one of Dwaynes cars. I was unfortunate enough to have the alternator belt on mine snap.. On the way home. But we were lucky enough to rig up a temporary belt, and get close to Dwaynes to fix her and be on the way again..
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    Technikhaus
    Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Looks very tidy, is it a manual or auto?
    Man '96 FTO GPX
    Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
    Man '90 MR2 GT
    Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Its an Auto with 187K on the clock. Has a sunroof. Apart from the lowering springs and the version R front brace, is stock as a rock.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      vipfto
      Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Awesome mate finally got one! bring her over sometime after summer and we can sort any issues you have maybe good old service too
      FTO GR-TURBO
      172KW ATW @ 11PSI
      bjk
      Totes

Post by bjk »

dstocks wrote:Its an Auto with 187K on the clock. Has a sunroof. Apart from the lowering springs and the version R front brace, is stock as a rock.
      Actually only has 184xxx ;) Started at 183000 something. :lol: As for comparing to the Mazda. Definitely, unsurprising, has more give. Overtaking on the highway was fairly effortless. I'm getting the impression it's not quite as "nippy" in the handling, if that makes sense? But it's more grounded, at least from the occasional corners. Once the thermostat is fixed and I'm sure it's not going to overheat, I'll take it for a run through the hills where I've gone numerous times with the 323 and see how it compares. :)
      vipfto wrote:Awesome mate finally got one! bring her over sometime after summer and we can sort any issues you have maybe good old service too
      When does summer end? :? I'm so bad at seasons. It's had a general service done, but I might start compiling a list of things I want to replace.